Off the mark acceleration?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Off the mark acceleration?

Driver's Ed

Off the mark acceleration?

I plan on buying a lt Cruze. How is the acceleration from a full stop?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Touring Champion
    My car was pretty bad with the gas that came in it from the dealer, very very slow from a complete stop. I have run nothing by premium & find its much quicker off the line(besides getting better MPG).

My car(a 1lt automatic) with anything more than easy throttle really launches off the line, I leave most cars in my dust at stop lights without really trying to.

Lifetime: 10.8 cents per mile @ $3.73 average price over 42K miles

Super Moderator

It's pretty good if you get on it, at least with an Eco manual transmission. It depends more on what trim level you get, and what transmission. The LS with its 1.8 NA engine will likely outrun a 1.4T up to about 30 mph, but then the 1.4T will run away.
    obermd and Sunline Fan like this.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

My wife actually has the Los with the 1.8 and I've got the 2lt with the 1.4t both have the six speed man trans and we raced and the 1.4 will beat the 1.8 off the line and down the line

2012 1.4 lt auto. plenty or pick up for daily driving. not a race car. will rev to about 4k at about 50-60% throttle. i feel im one of the first ones out the shoot and i probably use 35-40% throttle, about 3.5k rpm

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Henree View Post
    I plan on buying a lt Cruze. How is the acceleration from a full stop?
    More than sufficient. The manual transmission accelerates better, but both are able to get out of their own way. It takes practice with either transmission.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Resident Tater Salad
    The 1.4T with a manual is downright peppy to 50 mph. I can burn rubber in first and 2nd gears.

One other great thing about the 1.4 is the amount of low-end torque it has. You'd think for such a little engine, you'd have to rev the snot out of it. Nope. Push down on the gas above 2000 RPM, and it will spool up and zip happily away.

The sweet spot in the power curve is from 3000-5000 RPM. Above 5000, the engine is just screaming away with no gain.
    sciphi, obermd, jdubb11 and 1 others like this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Administrator
    It feels like a V6. It's designed for bottom end torque with a smaller turbo, and it achieves it well. The car hits 100% of torque at 1850RPM, so it has a lot of "pick-up" for a 4-cyl. It will definitely surprise you.

I have been very pleased with mine.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Touring Champion
    When I have given people rides in the cruze most don't believe me when I tell them how small the engine is. On the low end definitely feels more like my old 3.8l v6 than a 1.4L(85CI).

Lifetime: 10.8 cents per mile @ $3.73 average price over 42K miles

Driver's Ed
    Is the turbo 1.4 the type of car that requires a light foot when taking off from a stop?
    Some of the newer cars with turbo can almost stall if you apply too much pressure to the gas pedal.
    That is what I disliked so much about the ford focus.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast