2013 Cruze LTZ just arrived - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2013 Cruze LTZ just arrived

Didn't know anything about the Cruze paint protection or rustproofing packages. I was at about 1100 under MSRP. My cousin works in sales where I deal. I did take a decent hit on trading the 2012 Cruze but I wanted some of the new safetly features of the 2013 plus the MyLink. And I got the color combo I was looking for in the 2012 that they couldn't locate.

I looked around and got the mats off ebay if I recall for just over $100 including sales tax. Shipping was free. Not a big savings over other places I saw them.

I see from the radio config screens they update the radio software via a USB key. It would be nice if GM would take in suggestions for improvements to the interface and provide updates via the dealer. I'm sure they wouldn't allow the consumer to do the update. For me. Having them add the inside temp setting and the having the option to enable the date on the home screen would be nice. Be nice if GM had a means to provide My Link consumer feedback.
    Starks8 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Paint protection or rustproofing protection most dealers will offer these packages on all new cars they sell. Have you notice any difference how it handles or any difference in the transmission over 2012 Cruze LTZ RS. Also do you know where you can buy the mats in stores at?

What's your first impressions of the enhanced safety package?

You can go to the weathertech web site and search for a dealer by state. Might find one close to you.

2013 handles same as the 2012 near as I can tell. A few times at slow speed the transmission seemed jumpy. 2012 did about the same so I assumed normal for a 6 speed auto behind a small engine.

On the enhanced safely package. I really like the reverse camera but it would be nicer with grids. I have not been in a situation for the rear cross traffic feature . I was coming home from dealer on a 4 lane. I was trying too get a feel for how the side blind zone worked. I think you get an indication on the mirror if something is in the blind zone. I think if you put on the turn signal you get more of a warning. Moving forward in future years it would nice to see adaptive cruise control.

BOOOOST!
    So how many miles did you have on the 2012?

Just turned 8000 miles on the 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by cef2lion View Post
    Just turned 8000 miles on the 2012.
    If you don't mind me asking what did they give you for your 2012 Cruze LTZ RS?

I won't post it here. But if you look it up in any of the online guides. I got over the listed trade-in value. I worked that up with the dealer. One of the issues they pushed back with an I understand that is the fact that I was ordering a car and it would take about 2 months to get it. If I was getting a 2013 off the lot my trade in would have been a bit more.

I was at lunch today and got to see the slide blind zone in action. When a car gets in that zone on either side a yellow symbol lights in the outside mirror. I didn't do it but the manual says if you put your turn signal on and a car is in the blind zone the symbol in the mirror will flash. Many a time I have been caught with a car in the blind zone and I find this very useful.
    Starks8 and obermd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cef2lion View Post
    You can go to the weathertech web site and search for a dealer by state. Might find one close to you.

2013 handles same as the 2012 near as I can tell. A few times at slow speed the transmission seemed jumpy. 2012 did about the same so I assumed normal for a 6 speed auto behind a small engine.

On the enhanced safely package. I really like the reverse camera but it would be nicer with grids. I have not been in a situation for the rear cross traffic feature . I was coming home from dealer on a 4 lane. I was trying too get a feel for how the side blind zone worked. I think you get an indication on the mirror if something is in the blind zone. I think if you put on the turn signal you get more of a warning. Moving forward in future years it would nice to see adaptive cruise control.
    Have you tried playing with the camera menu options especially when the camera is in action (i.e. backing out of driveway) to see if turning on the reverse guidance lines are a option then? It really bugs me that the camera doesn't come with the guidance lines when its such a standard thing nowadays!

From a thread I started about the backup camera and its apparent lack of the guidance lines due to my irritation about it, it appears you have to have the enhanced safety package (parking assist, etc) along with the mylink and backup camera for your cruze to have the guidance lines. Some have stated that despite their 2013 cruzes having these, they still don't have the guidance lines. Interestingly enough, supposedly the 2013 Cruze manuals state that the cruze "may" be equipped with the option of turning on the backup camera guidance lines. Does your's state that as well? And if so what the **** does that mean?

Also according to a forum member, the lack of guidance lines in the cruze's backup camera might be due to some kind of dispute rearing from the fact that the Malibu's screen comes from Panasonic, which got into a big fight with the patent holder, lost a lawsuit and now can't use the grid lines without paying "hostage fees. So I'm guessing the cruze's screens are also from panasonic.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast