Honda Civic vs Cruze - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Honda Civic vs Cruze

Learning about my Cruze
    I dunno, my '12 Cruze has been more reliable than my '08 Civic Hybrid was a year in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCruze View Post
    Honda Marysville makes the Accord. They are picking up production on another model as well, forget which.
    I believe it will be the Crosstour.
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    15,100 Mi., Avg. MPG: 34 City; 45 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    23 months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

I'm not apathetic, I'm just too old to matter anymore.
    45,316 September '14 YTD

I cross shopped the Civic (and many others) before deciding on the Cruze. The '12 Civic was nice, but I preferred the '09-'11 body style. I was not able to locate an EX with a manual transmission without a ton of miles. I drive 20-25k per year, wanted a low mile used (or a great deal on new) at the time. I chose the Cruze for many reasons, although the primary was the turbo for "assistance" at our relatively high elevation along with killer MPG.

I still miss a moonroof though...
    2012 Cruze ECO 6MT
    Summit White/ Jet Black
    Plugs @ .33
    Resonator delete
    Fun family ride...

Handbrake Released
    When I shopping for a new car last summer I looked at the base Civic and the base Cruze all with automatic transmission and air conditioning. The two tier red indicators was a instant turn off, but I was trying to be fair and drove the Civic. My comparisons were the Civic, Focus, Alantra, Mazda 3, Corolla and the Cruze. First off all I wanted was a quiet car inside, with as little road noise as I could get.

The Civic lost a lot because the base was a total plastic car inside and the road noise was rather annoying at 60 MPH and was as noisy as my old 1994 Plymouth Acclaim at 70 MPH, I also found it rather crude in driving as it wanted to instantly jump around on rutted roads. I never had it during any windy days but some of my co-workers have Civics and complained that they are a handful in wind. The other thing was the Honda dealer was really stuck to his price and added dealer markup stickers. The Chevy dealer did not have anything added on to the Cruze other then destination charge. I found out later that my Chevy Cruze LS had a ECO model rear spoiler put on in error and I was not charged for it and it has no code in the glove box about the added on spoiler.

The Cruze won out as the quietest of the group and almost as good as my Buick Park Avenue. Of course the Cruze does not ride as well as the Buick but it is also a thousand pounds lighter then the Buick and gets 6-10 MPG more on gas.
    Last edited by Mikeske; 01-24-2013 at 12:40 AM.
    1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V10
    1998 Buick Park Avenue Base

2009 John Deere 2305 Tractor
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze Clean Diesel 2.0 TDI

2012 Dodge Caliber SXT

Handbrake Released
    I hope the Cruze will be around for many more years to come and not just a few years and then poof gone.

You just gotta find what works best for you. When I picked my car I wanted fun, reliable, and good MPGs. My civic is still in excellent condition and 200whp/36.5mpg @2780 lbs has fulfilled that requirement nicely. But...

Now that I'm older I still have no mind for anything larger than compact(minus a few other mid-sized/sport coupes) but today I would probably look at a Buick. The civics do have road noise (especially 9th gens!) and the interior on the new models was a slap dash attempt at creating an exciting interior by a guy with a plastic fetish.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    steve333 likes this.
    Mike

Learning about my Cruze
    Well civics are one of the sportiest cars in its segment. I remember the day when i had to go to the bus station & driver drove the civic as if it was a sports sedan, that thing drove a **** lot faster than what my dad has got (corolla 1.8). His average speed was 72-74mph & that also in the city. The engine does a wonderful job in giving the power when you need it.

But i think the ride was little Hard on the civic, & head support was also hard. But i really liked the civic's power when he puts in sport gear. 10x better than corolla.

But the asking price does not go on par for what it does. That said, cruze might be a better car. I can see many cruzes around my area now.

Aesop
    Wife and I test drove the Focus, Corolla, Civic, can't even remember the vehicle names of the Kia, and Hyundai. Cruze seemed special to us. Well, a bit of extra bias having $4,600.00 earnings on our GM card. But if didn't have that, will still have purchased the Cruze.

Having practically free over a 100K trouble-free miles with our 04 Cavalier also had something to do with it.

Was a bit of a learning curve when first driving the Cruze, but after this stage is over, can really appreciate what the designers did.

Had an '08 civic SI and it was clear from Day 1 this was a drivers car. I wouldn't call a Civic a race car but it had that type of feel - all sport and no comfort. However, it was extremely reliable and thanks to the LSD was great in the snow. The max 30mpg (driving like grandma), not so great.

When I seen the topic, I thought you were going to say that there was an accident and the civic was rode off and not a scratch on the Cruze.

When my neighbour side swiped me a few weeks ago, there wasn't much damage to mine ( broken light, a few scratches ), but his whole wheel well is dented in of his Nissan frontier.

I like Nick also test drove all of those cars and it was up to two, the Focus and the Cruze. I picked the Cruze because of the GDI engine the Focus has in it.
    2014 Chevy Cruze LT Rainforest Green

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast