Honda Civic vs Cruze
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Honda Civic vs Cruze

Handbrake Released

Honda Civic vs Cruze

I park my Cruze up next to a late looking Civic the other day. I say to myself what a piece of garbage inside and out compared to my Cruze. i hate that two tier instrument panel.
    steve333, 30 Ounce, MjC and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Lol, glad this didn't go where I thought it was going...

Yeah that instrument panel doesn't make sense. Trying to be too futuristic our space ship like for my taste.
    ^Usually sarcasm.

If anything I say offends you... you might need a snickers.

Resident Tater Salad
    It drives just as bad as it looks.
    steve333 and 99_XC600 like this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

I will agree with everything said so far. I hate driving our 2009 Civic.

But in 3.5 years, it hasn't needed any work and hasn't left the GF stranded once. If that would have been the same case for her Pursuit (Cobalt) then I'm sure she'd have a Cruze right now.
    2013 Chevy Cruze LT RS - Black granite, 6M

Retired Moderator

The current (06-current) Civic has proven to be a typically very reliable ride for a lot of folks. It might not be loaded to the gills with technology. Sometimes that's a good thing, especially if it makes for a reliable car. My friends have a '06 Civic fully decked out, and it's been a very reliable car for them.

Let's not do too much bashing. One of us will end up owning/maintaining a Civic one day...
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Aesop
    Will buy a new 1984 Accord DX, 1.7 L MT Honda any day its offered again, very reliable, always got 46 mpg on the highway, 33-34 mpg around town.

Did have one problem with it, one of my pups chewed up the rear safety belt, 160 bucks, Honda gave me a new one for free. Free lifetime warranty on belts regardless of the reason. Back then paid around $5,500.00 for that car, had cruise and AC, that is all I ever wanted. Unbelievable how vehicle prices skyrocketed since then.

BOOOOST!
    It's going to get a lot worse in a few years Nick.

Thank your elected officials for that one also. (CAFE regulations will drive up the cost of entry level cars by at least 15%).
    rmass09 likes this.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

'05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

I actually like the instrument panel design in the current Civic. Trouble is though, it's all plastic as the rest of the interior. I thought the Civic was the car that I was going to buy until I spent time test driving the Cruze. It all came down to a situation where I really could not go wrong with either choice.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

I have to defend the Civic on this one. The two-tier dash, while it takes some time getting used to, is awesome. I had an '08 Civic SI and the red gauges were awesome and the digital speedometer was easy to read. HOWEVER, for an automatic the giant RPM gauge would be pretty useless. Other than the instrument cluster, the Cruze is far better.

The Cruze does a nice of job being easy to drive. I remember when I let someone borrow my Civic, they said they were all over the road because of the two tier dash and couldn't figure out the gauges.

Resident Tater Salad
    Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    The current (06-current) Civic has proven to be a typically very reliable ride for a lot of folks. It might not be loaded to the gills with technology. Sometimes that's a good thing, especially if it makes for a reliable car. My friends have a '06 Civic fully decked out, and it's been a very reliable car for them.

Let's not do too much bashing. One of us will end up owning/maintaining a Civic one day...
    I have a good friend with an '09, and another that owned an '04 since new. The friend with the '09 is looking to trade it on a Hyundai Sonata (Turbo) because she's just bored with the car. We took that car on a trip where I ended up driving the majority of the way, and it was boring to drive and gutless.

The one with the '04 had a great car, but it finally needed a transmission, and she jumped ship because she hated the 12/13 so much to the Subaru Impreza.

Neither of them are what I'd call "car" people.

That said, at least the Civic is more exciting than a Corolla. But it's like comparing plain grits to plain oatmeal.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast