Tail lights
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tail lights

Driver's Ed

Tail lights

Has anyone tried these? CG® - Smoke LED Tail Lights - 2013 Chevy Cruze CG LED Tail Lights - CG 03-CZ11TLEDSM

I have been contemplating either tinting my tail lights or just buying new ones like these. Tinting them is "illegal" in Alabama. These say dot approved. I just got my windows tinted and they said they would tint tail lights, so if anyone has any info it would be awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    Sick but expensive but do like that its plug and play with the factory harness

I tinted mine here's a picture I think they look great and it's also illegal in ny but I haven't had a problem no one will mess w u I don't think ImageUploadedByAG Free1359252482.637452.jpg and before ImageUploadedByAG Free1359252508.354140.jpg it's 20% tint and the light is still really good when braking etc. love it I'd say go this route and spend the big bucks on aftermarket headlights w the led strip maybe halos

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Fool4racing likes this.
    US Army Veteran - Rochester, NY | Instagram : @mastercanine
    2011 Cruze Eco 1.4T M/T
    Mods : -Trifecta Tune - Dual Borla Exhaust - Premium Aftermarket Audio System - ZZP Pillar Gauge Pod - Drop in K&N - Resonator Delete - Custom Vinyl Work (Hood, Roof, Trunk, Front/Rear Bowtie) - Interior L.E.D. Lighting (All) - Exterior L.E.D. Lighting (License plate, GlowTie) - 20% Tint All Around

Driver's Ed
    I'm thinking of going with tint. I just had my windows done to 20 percent so I'm a little paranoid right now. Haha.

I definitely want some new headlights. I just gave to find some that a for sure PLUG & PLAY. Not wanting to rewire anything.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt585 View Post
    I tinted mine here's a picture I think they look great and it's also illegal in ny but I haven't had a problem no one will mess w u I don't think ImageUploadedByAG Free1359252482.637452.jpg and before ImageUploadedByAG Free1359252508.354140.jpg it's 20% tint and the light is still really good when braking etc. love it I'd say go this route and spend the big bucks on aftermarket headlights w the led strip maybe halos

Do you happen to have a pic of the lights on?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

US Army Veteran - Rochester, NY | Instagram : @mastercanine
    2011 Cruze Eco 1.4T M/T
    Mods : -Trifecta Tune - Dual Borla Exhaust - Premium Aftermarket Audio System - ZZP Pillar Gauge Pod - Drop in K&N - Resonator Delete - Custom Vinyl Work (Hood, Roof, Trunk, Front/Rear Bowtie) - Interior L.E.D. Lighting (All) - Exterior L.E.D. Lighting (License plate, GlowTie) - 20% Tint All Around

Aesop
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt585 View Post

Do not comprehend wanting to tint backup light lenses. My choice would be to install a couple of extra head lamps back there.

Really don't comprehend the difference between driving at night especially on a foggy night that justifies using about 140 watts of head lamps when creeping forward and only using a couple of watts when driving in reverse. Vehicle is still moving in either direction and you still have to see where you are going.

Can get some extra light by tapping on the brake pedal just enough to switch on the brake lights. Brake lights are actually brighter than the backup lights on this thing.

Then making the reverse ratio the same as taking off in second gear, have to rev the engine and slip the clutch so I don't kill the engine. Really makes me think about driving into a spot where I would have to back out of. Really don't want to drive into a spot where the front end of this car is on a decline, its an incline in reverse.

Administrator

Just a word of warning to anyone who tints their tail lights. There are people out there who are following you who can't distinguish shades and intensities of red. I know, I'm one of them. We learn to adapt, but if you get rear ended by one of these people and your tail lights are past the legal tint limit I can guarantee their lawyer will be all over the DA to charge you with driving an unsafe vehicle. You'll also face a civil suit to for repayment of any insurance moneys, damages, etc. for the same reason.

Matt - your lights aren't tinted so darkly they will cause problems. I've seen tail lights that are basically so dark they're useless.
    kfr291 and Matt585 like this.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

1st Gear
    Those tail lights look awesome! I'd like to see them on a cruze first. And, I can't see myself paying that much for tail lights.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Driver's Ed
    I bought the taillights they looked sick but the centre lights harness isn't the same and the right taillight always leaked a bunc of moisture into the light

1.4L Cruze LT 6MT
    K and N Typhoon Series CAI
    Magnaflow Duel Catback Exhaust
    16 Inch Rims Converting to 18's Soon(hopefully)
    Alpine Type R 10 inch Sub
    Vinyl Pin Strips, and Vinyl down the doors
    5% tint in the back
    Not Done Yet

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast