bluetooth issues
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bluetooth issues

Driver's Ed

bluetooth issues

I have a sprint htc evo 4g cell phone and pair it up to the car.

I do have 400+ contacts in my phone, so it seems as though every time I get in the car and start it, the phone wants to sync with the car.
    50% of the time when I get or make a call it only shows the number dialed/received on the display, then the other 50% it will show the person that I am calling.

I also get errors that popup on the phone every once in awhile saying a process has been stopped and this only happens when I have my bluetooth on.

I wasn't sure if this has something to do with the car, but figured I would post up and see if anyone else has these same issues with their phone...
    Does anyone else have any issues with using bluetooth with their phone??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

CRS
    i have been having a bluetooth issue as well...

i got my cruze about 2 wees ago and have trouble keeping my phone connected to the car.

i have a droid incredible... after going thru the pairing process the phone will be connected but after a short time or if the car is turned off the connection is lost. when i get back in the car the phone says paired but not connected and it never connects again. the phone recognizes and the car and the car the phone according to both displays

the only way i have been able to get them to work is to delete the phone from the car and the car from my phone then go thru the pairing process all over again but i dosent stay connected long.

Driver's Ed
    I have noticed that it seems to work A LOT better when 3g/4g & mobile internet is turned off on the phone, but I still get weird issues.

Sometimes I will go to pick it up and it says the call is connected through the display but the radio starts blasting again and you have to talk through the phone.

Hopefully chevy will release a firmware update!

Learning about my Cruze Ninety8NeonACR's Avatar
    This is an android problem. You can read on this subject for days but it seems that there is an incomplete bluetooth stack, whatever that means. paired but not connected

Driver's Ed
    good ol' LMGTFY, haha
    thanks man!

You would think a $500+ phone wouldn't have these problems :/
    the htc evo 3d will be mine when it's available!

Learning about my Cruze
    I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and the Bluetooth works well (which is a surprise as prior BB's stunk). The battery life really shortens with bluetooth on, but that is a phone issue.

I do have the same issue on contacts occasionally - it seems like it can only load so many contact records before it seems to slow or freeze. What I did was create categories on the BB side and only send the relevant ones when paired. This seemed to fix most of the issues.
    2011 Cruze LT2 RS
    Other Chevy's - 2008 Colorado LT2 Z71 RWD Crew Cab
    Prior Chevy's - 2005 Malibu LT2 Sedan, 2005 Malibu Maxx, 2000 Venture, 1998 Malibu, 1985 Citation X11 2DR HB, 1981 Citation 4DR HB.

Driver's Ed

Talking Phone Book is the Problem for Me

My phone book was the problem. I couldn't get my thunderbolt to pair and stay connected. Did a factory reset (not sure if i had to go that far), repaired and declined to import the address book/contacts........stays connected now. Every time I get in my car I have to decline the address book import. If I don't it doesn't stay connected.

Learning about my Cruze Ninety8NeonACR's Avatar
    I also found that it works if you don't let it use your address book. All I did was delete the pairing, turn the phone off and back on, turn the car off (including opening the door), then restart the pairing process without letting the car use contacts. I don't deny it every time either, it just times out after a while.

I noticed mine was having the same problem, but it was because my email was connected to my facebook, which connected most of my friends to the contacts list which screwed around with my other contacts which ended up messing up my bluetooth. I turned off that, added all the contact manually and then turned it on again and now it works just fine.

BTW I have a HTC Nexus One (which runs Android)

Retired Moderator
    Gingerbread will correct these problems for thunderbolt and incredible. Should be released soon

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast