Aftermarket Radio Options
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Aftermarket Radio Options

Driver's Ed

Aftermarket Radio Options

New Cruze owner here - love this thing!!

Unfortunately I was only able to afford the LS + Auto 6. I'm happy with it, but would have loved to been able to get a 1 or 2LT. Anyways, I intend to add several after market options to the vehicle over time.

Ive been searching the internet for the DVD/GPS units that replace the factory radio. There are several models out there and my question is - has anyone in the states bought and installed one yet?

Forgive me if this topic is located somewhere on the forums already.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

1st Gear
    i dont think you can thro just any aftermarket stereo in. because the radio and heat and ac unit are all hooked together.

Handbrake Released
    I don't think the modules to retain the controls for heating and air conditioning have been engineered yet so we're still waiting on that. I believe the radio module controls all of it...if I'm not mistaken....

Driver's Ed
    The heating and air controls are separate from the radio console. Ive found two or three different models, but all imports. Here are some pics of one which I am debating on. All controls are retained in the models I have found.

MassCruzeLTZ likes this.

I was checking that system out as well. I would be reluctant to buy a China system without a more online following. If this could be hacked it would be awesome.

World Rally Champion
    ...tongue-in-cheek comment: does it display in ENGLISH characters or CHINESE symbols (wink,wink)?
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 1.4LT 6A
    2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/SFI 4A
    2004 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/MFI 4A

1971 Dodge Charger 318 3A
    1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340/6BBL 4M
    1968 Dodge Charger 383 3A
    1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 383 4M
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 273 4M

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by 70AARCUDA View Post
    ...tongue-in-cheek comment: does it display in ENGLISH characters or CHINESE symbols (wink,wink)?
    Yes, that is main concern, as well as if the wiring harnesses match up. I talked with a stereo installer today, who said nothing was listed wholesale from GM or other stateside dealers and advised not ordering because GOS would probably not work.

He was fairly confident that stateside units would be showing up in the coming months, so I will probably wait until then to replace. I am going to have new speakers and amp installed soon though, wired to the factory radio.

I was researching these a few months ago. I found a guy that put one of these in his. It apparently matched up to the car well, but it burnt up in about 6 months. I think I remember him saying it even smoked or something, and he was glad it didnt burn up his car.
    -------------------------------

2011 Cruze 1.4T LTZ RS Crystal Red Tintcoat

1970 Mustang, 347 w/ Vortech T-trim

2001 S10, Bagged, Flamed and Supercharged

World Rally Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossy70 View Post
    I was researching these a few months ago. I found a guy that put one of these in his. It apparently matched up to the car well, but it burnt up in about 6 months. I think I remember him saying it even smoked or something, and he was glad it didnt burn up his car.
    ...his car being a Cruze? Ouch, "smoke-tests" in a brand new car are not nice at all ( ).

...and, "electrical gremlins" will almost certainly 'pop-up' later to cause havoc.
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 1.4LT 6A
    2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/SFI 4A
    2004 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/MFI 4A

1971 Dodge Charger 318 3A
    1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340/6BBL 4M
    1968 Dodge Charger 383 3A
    1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 383 4M
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 273 4M

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast