Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

DIC issue

Tags
dic issue
12K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  KENSTV123 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone ever had their DIC malfunction? I have a 2014 2lt with the 1.4. I got in the car the other night to go to work and the information center wouldn't come on. I power cycled the car and still nothing. When I got in the car the following morning to leave work, it was on but both trips showed the odometer reading... I find this strange.
Speedometer Gauge Auto part Light Odometer

See less See more
#2 ·
No. I think there may be one menu/screen that's basically blank except for the odometer. But that odo should always be showing.

If you do have an odometer, try switching to another screen. If you don't have the odometer, it's time to schedule an appointment with the dealer.

#6 ·
The reason I push for giving them the photo is that:

1. It communicates exactly what the problem is.
  2. It proves you aren't crazy (I'm sure they see plenty of idiots.)
  3. I'm hoping it gives them leverage with GM (who's paying the bill) if there's nothing obvious.

#9 ·
Not in my experience, if your Chevy dealer is crap, can find a much better Buick dealer. But have to give up on finding an Olds or Pontiac dealer.

Ha, would be nice to have an internet site to learn which dealers are good and which are not so good. Chevy dealer never had any parts in stock, either next day or three weeks.

Intermittent problems can drive a guy nuts.

#10 ·
I'm queasy about going to a dealer for a one time event, photo or not.

I would ask (assuming the folks actually are capable of educated answers) if they have run across this in the past.

They may have seen it before and found resolution.......but the strong possibility of this being a one time event presents itself.

I'm kinda tempted to say hold off on a dealer trip until you have seen this occur several times......maybe a pattern will develop.....aids in diagnosis.

Rob

#11 ·
Morning ace!

We understand you recently experienced the DIC malfunction and we certainly understand your concerns. Sometimes intermittent issues are more difficult to fix, but we're glad you were able to capture a photo. You can go to any GM dealership for service, however, warranty work should be completed at a Chevy dealer. Please keep us posted on what you decide and if there's anything we can do to help we're available via private message.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.