2011 Cruze LS, adding cruise control
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2011 Cruze LS, adding cruise control

Learning about my Cruze

2011 Cruze LS, adding cruise control

has anyone been successful in adding cruise control by just buying the leather wrapped steering wheel w/ cruise control? gmpartsdirect.com is selling them for 130 bucks, and if anything you could have a leather wrapped steering wheel.
    Last edited by 70AARCUDA; 04-03-2011 at 09:57 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    u need the wiring diagrams to confirm or not confirm that u can just purchase the steering wheel. i would guess that there is additional hardware required and maybe programming.
    Gerry
    1972 Buick GS
    2008 Saturn Astra XR
    2011 Cruze LS
    1970 Malibu L48 - gone

Learning about my Cruze
    yeah the more i think about it, it would make no sense to be able put on the steering wheel w/ cruise control settings and be able to have it. but... what about the rostra cruise control kit, the steering wheel w/ cruise control, and the harness with cruise and audio connections? my uncle makes these cars so im gonna head up to lordstown and see if he can get me the diagrams to see if this'll work.

The Rostra aftermarket Cruise Control requires only 3 wires be connected. No additional programming is required. One wire goes to the Purple/Yellow Ignition Wire (Pin 5) on the Green BCM connector behind the panel on the passenger side, and ground which can be achieved by connecting to the framing of the center console. The third wire, you may have difficulty with since it requires connection to Pin 9 of the same BCM connector which on the LS model of the Cruze is Void of a pin and corresponding wire. Rostra provides the necessary "tooth" and wire to fit into that spot on the connector so you can splice on. Otherwise, you'll need to find another way to secure that wire into the corresponding pin slot.

I hard linked the installation manual for the Rostra in this thread. The kit I had originally ordered failed to provide me with that wire and I had to have it shipped separately (no charge). I just received it yesterday, so I'll link a picture of that when I have a chance.
    2011 Chevy Cruze LS-1SB w/Connectivity Package
    1.8 V4, Auto, Taupe Grey Metallic
    "Penelope"

BOOOOST!
    FWIW, I installed my Rostra last weekend and it did come with the extra (brown) wire. However, the ECO does have the wire in pin 9 so the extra wire was not needed. One thing to pay attention to is your BCM as the picture in the Rostra instructions have the pin locations numbered backwards (mirror image) from our connector. To make sure just compare the bottom of your green connector and check pins 21 and 25 (which are stamped) with the picture in the instructions.

Learning about my Cruze
    ive seen the picture of the rostra cruise control kit and from what i understand the aftermarket stalk plugs into a provided cruise control module, and the outlets on the module (the three wires you mentioned) are what plug into the bcm. if thats the case i was wondering if the steering wheel w/ cruise controls could be bought along with the different gm harness to connect to the new controls then connect that harness to the kit cruise control module then to the bcm, bypassing the need for the stalk

Driver's Ed
    Hey folks,
    I ordered the GM Cruze factory manuals from my dealer last month, parts won't be released until mid May from GM.
    My hope is to aquire the cruise control steering wheel and have cruise on our 6spd manual.
    Once I get the books I will check out the schematics and post if it can be done or not without too much trouble.
    Ordered my personalized licence plate already "NOCRUZE" LOL

Driver's Ed
    Hello all,
    Fellow new Cruze owner here. Bought the Silver LS model for my wife last weekend. Only problem was the lack of cruise control, so this site has been extremely helpful in keeping me out of the potential dog house by pointing me to the Rostra kit. I went to install it yesterday and promptly ran into the problem of how to remove the steering column shroud. I can not find directions on the web anywhere for the Cruze. The instructions/video on connecting the wires to the BCM is extremely helpful, but can anyone help to shed some light on the other end of the kit, i.e. how to remove the steering wheel/Airbag/shroud, and are there any tricks needed in routing the wires from the steering column to the BCM? Thanks for any assistance.

Driver's Ed
    i install that system on my cruze..the shroud does not come completely off...i believe one screw under column taken out and separating shroud was the way to go...inside the shroud you will see a styrofoam padding...i careful drilled the hole closer to the wheel side of shroud where to foam as not placed....using the lock washers and small fingers i was able to twist the unit into place holing nut in place in shroud...took me 90 minutes from start to finish....was well worth it...JCR

BOOOOST!
    Quote Originally Posted by JRNoLuck1 View Post
    i install that system on my cruze..the shroud does not come completely off...i believe one screw under column taken out and separating shroud was the way to go...inside the shroud you will see a styrofoam padding...i careful drilled the hole closer to the wheel side of shroud where to foam as not placed....using the lock washers and small fingers i was able to twist the unit into place holing nut in place in shroud...took me 90 minutes from start to finish....was well worth it...JCR
    That bottom shroud actually has 3 screws (the one you mention plus 2 that are behind the steering wheel). They are at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions and the only way you can get to them is by turning the steering wheel to the sides. It probably took me longer to figure that out then it did to install the control.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast