iPhone, Can Cruze read text messages
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Thread: iPhone, Can Cruze read text messages

Driver's Ed

iPhone, Can Cruze read text messages

Hello new owner of a 2011 chevy cruze ls with communication package. I have my iphone 4 paired up with the car via bluetooth. I have been wondering if there is a way to that the iphone or cruze (either one Iphone through speakers) read out text messages? I got into a new menu the other day, did't find it in the manual, Press the call button then say access and it gave me a list of different options i didn't know was available.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    No. iOS does not support this feature. Perhaps it will be added in ios5 this summer, who knows.

to add, the iphone allows dialing and music controls via voice. If you aren't familiar, see here:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/voice-control.html

To access in the cruze, press your handsfree button then say bluetooth. Wait for the system to say it's ready, then say voice. After a few seconds the iphone voice control prompt will play over the speakers. You can then give a command. It's been rumored that apple is looking to greatly enhance the voice control in upcoming versions of iOS, so we will likely be able to do much more in the future. The texting ability that you want is available with android I believe, so there would be reason for apple to add something similar.
    Last edited by chad473; 04-12-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    2011 Cruze Eco MT: Taupe Gray Metallic/Jet Black. Bluetooth&Cruise package.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by chad473 View Post
    The texting ability that you want is available with android I believe, so there would be reason for apple to add something similar.
    How can I use this feature with my andriod device? Sounds pretty cool!

Learning about my Cruze
    I'd have to leave that to some of the android users here. I'm not sure if it's tied to specific apps or build versions of the android firmware. I know my brother has used his android phone to dictate text messages.
    2011 Cruze Eco MT: Taupe Gray Metallic/Jet Black. Bluetooth&Cruise package.

2011 Cruze LTZ RS
    2008 Silverado 2500HD CC LTZ

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements