Cruze fogLight Wire harness for ECO
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cruze fogLight Wire harness for ECO

Banned

Cruze fogLight Wire harness for ECO

Does anyone know if there is a wire harness in the eco models that doesn't have the fogs on from factory as an option?. Meaning if you order or buy a cruze without the fogs, will there be a wire harness in the bumper ready for you to add fogs? And all you would have to do is plug em in, and install your switch in the dash.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Contest Manager
    Nope I'm pretty sure you have to buy the whole kit. Ie harness, new headlight/fog switch, bulbs and housing

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Banned
    **** that's gonna suck. I was thinking about installing Mercedes-Benz style LED fog strips. I know these would look cool, but installing them is half the battle lol

Banned

Aesop
    Couple of post on this subject in the how to section.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-ho...nt-bumper.html

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-ho...lots-pics.html

Wouldn't be quite so long if all the posts were relevant.

Dealer charges around 320 bucks to install the kit, 235 if you install it yourself, but if your Cruze is not programmed for fog lamps, doing it yourself would cost you another hundred bucks to get it programmed.

Average price on ebay is around 170 bucks, spotted one dealer selling at auction, got the OE kit for 130 bucks. And already checked my Cruze to make sure it was programmed. It was.

Appreciated that post on not having to remove the bumper, tend to blindly follow the instructions, a lot of unnecessary work. But having a right angle drive, magnetized bit, took me just seconds for that operation.

Wish they did have a pigtail lead out of the relay box, would make life easy for all. First was finding pin 31, on mine, that little square hole was covered with flashing, had to clean that out before I could plug in that tiny pin. And you only get one in that kit.

Did want to stick to OE, improves the value of the car rather than depreciate it. Did take the old headlamp switch apart, only thing missing from it was the contact block and the fog lamp symbol.

Ironically, the fog lamps only work with the engine running, but so do the back up lamps. I won't even begin to figure out this logic.

Wife asked, why was I even going through this, but afterwards, she positively loves them, should come stock for about twenty bucks extra. Leave that block in the headlamp switch, about three cents, combine the wires in the head lamp harness, 20 AWG wire, about 50 cents. Stock only one bezel instead of two, a cost savings for them, and a couple of cheap light bulbs with plastic reflectors.

Hey I have been doing this stuff for 50 years, know what this stuff costs!

Banned
    Okay cool. Thanks for the long response Nick. I did see the OEM fog kit on ebay for 175.00 like you mentioned. I just figured that GM would have put the wire harness in there at the ready in case someone would want to add fogs later down the road. Its not a huge deal for me, but I think it would look insanely cool. Its something id like to do, just not too worried about doing it if I have to splice the foglight harness in with the rest of the wiring harness. I can do it really good don't get me wrong....I just hate adding wires in lol

Aesop
    Harness is included with the kit as are cable ties. Ha, hated to use a 12" cable tie when I only needed a 3" one, so used my own saving the longer ones where required. Certainly plenty of sharp edges, avoid those unless you are working on an F-16.

Banned
    Oh so it does come with the kit...okay...I thought I had to run my own wiring doing it homemade by getting a spool of wire the same gauge as the factory wires. Ok nvm I was thinking totally different hahaha

Aesop
    Yeah, even those black phillips head screws were included, so I have the light switch, seven cable ties, and two bezels left over. See some guys trying to sell these on ebay in case anyone wants to convert back to stock. Old bezels has to be twisted out, so not good to try this on a -30*F day.

I just bought the kit from GM and had the dealership install them. $225.00 for the kit & $100.00 install. Kept my life simple.
    spacedout likes this.
    Missing our 1st generation Aveos everyday!
    02 Chevrolet Suburban Z71
    04 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan (Sold but not forgotten!)
    07 Chevrolet Aveo 5 Hatchback (Sold but not forgotten!)
    12 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 6MT
    12 Chevrolet Sonic 2LT (wifes new car)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast