2012 Navigation

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2012 Navigation

Driver's Ed

2012 Navigation

I just got my new 2012 Cruze with Nav and I love it but there is one thing I haven't figured out how to do. I want to turn off the radio but still be able to display my navigation map. The only power-off I can find (click the volume knob) turns off every thing.

Surely there is a way to turn off the radio while leaving the navigation powered up (I know, don't call you surely).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I have the 2011 navigation, and it's the same as yours. It's either on or off, the only way around it, is by turning down the volume.

Driver's Ed
    But if you turn down the volume, doesn't that turn down the volume of the navigation prompts?

Good question? I'd have to try it next time I'm in the car. I do know that the navigation prompt can be adjusted, separate from the radio, either through your settings or when the actual prompt is on, turn the volume down and only the navigation prompt will be lowered and not the radio volume. I normally have the music playing when using the navigation, I haven't really tested with the volume completely lowered, also onstar can also be adjusted separately from the radio.

No if you turn down the radio volume the nav prompts are still on next time the prompt lady is speaking try turning the volume up or down it will make her louder or quieter.
    2011 Cruze LTZ RS NAV 1.4L Black Granite
    2012 Equinox LTZ AWD NAV 3.0L Cardinal Red

Hit the Mute function....that will mute the radio, but the voice prompts still come thru as normal. I confirmed this on the way to work this morning.

2012 Cruze LTZ/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat
    1996 Trans AM LT1/M6
    1998 Pontiac Sunfire (Gone - but not forgotten!)
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ

Driver's Ed
    Cool -- the Mute button sounds like the best solution. Will mute on affect phone calls?

Quote Originally Posted by Pkdog View Post
    Cool -- the Mute button sounds like the best solution. Will mute on affect phone calls?
    I'm not sure....although it shouldn't since incoming calls mute the radio anyway.

BUT I haven't acid tested it so I cannot say definitely whether it affects the phone function or not...

2012 Cruze LTZ/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat
    1996 Trans AM LT1/M6
    1998 Pontiac Sunfire (Gone - but not forgotten!)
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ

10. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.