What did you pay? - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you pay?

I've found that a fully loaded Cruze LTZ has a decent discount thru USAA if your an eligibile member which knocks the price down quite a bit. The profit margin isnt too high, a friend of mine wh used to work at the chevy dealership in town talked to a buddy of his that still works there and showed him the numbers. aparently on a fully loaded LTZ theres only somthing like 700-800 profit for GM in the sale. Destination charges are bogus and I wish there was a way out of having to pay it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    Prices in my area seem to be about 7% off of MSRP. Never ever pay sticker for your car no matter what model or brand it is.

Go to New Cars Pricing and Comparisons Local, Regional and National Car Price Reports at TrueCar and look at what other people are paying in your area. Print that out and then go to the dealer... if they won't match it walk out. You can even go through the site itself and they will contact a dealer for you for a fee. Still a worthwhile proposition in most cases.

You can also join organizations like the pentagon federal credit union who actually use truecar.com to give their members discounts. The pentagon credit union accepts anyone in the military or who has a family member in the military. You may also make a one time donation to a military/government organization (as little as $5.00) to become a member and get all their services.

Truecar is showing a LTZ @ $22695 with no additional options being $21,056 or $1638 off sticker.

If you don't need a new car right away I would wait until some of the new competition comes out. You will get to see if one of them are a better buy plus rebates will surely follow then.
    Last edited by beastykato; 12-21-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean_Josh View Post
    I've found that a fully loaded Cruze LTZ has a decent discount thru USAA if your an eligibile member which knocks the price down quite a bit. The profit margin isnt too high, a friend of mine wh used to work at the chevy dealership in town talked to a buddy of his that still works there and showed him the numbers. aparently on a fully loaded LTZ theres only somthing like 700-800 profit for GM in the sale. Destination charges are bogus and I wish there was a way out of having to pay it.
    I've never paid destination charges. If the dealer wasn't willing to budge on the price of the car enough to compensate, I told them to throw in some swag/parts that I can keep or sell to cover the cost.

I paid $17,500 for my LS+ in Black Granite, and asked for a free Apple iPad and winter tires and rims.
    2011 Black LS+

Handbrake Released
    I got the USAA discounts. I paid $200 over invoice, less $500 GM supplier discount, USAA $750 discount and loyalty (to dealer) discount of $500. Total was $20,500 (LTZ).

So my local chevy dealer got back to me today with a price quote for a fully loaded Cruze LTZ and this is what I got. "$25124.00 plus all tax and lic" Im not sure if hes giving me that price and hiding the destination charge in that tax and license part or not but what do you all think?

BTW theres possibly an additional 750.00 off for a USAA discount with USAA continues the rebate program for next calendar yearwith GM.

Driver's Ed
    this price seems to me ok Sticker: $24805... discounted to : $23516

Driver's Ed
    I picked up the LTZ (black granite) MINUS the SS appearance package and navigation,
    for 24,449 OTD (tax, title, plates, doc etc) with 5/60,000 full coverage zero deductable extended warranty. I had a supplier discount that was around 700-800 I don't recall exactly.

LTZ RS, Sunroof, Pioneer sound, No Navigation, + extra for Black

Sticker - $24,880
    After discounts, GM Card Cash + Loyalty Cash, Ziebart Gold Package, Tint and Tax - $23,194

Driver's Ed
    I bought mine black Friday, November 27th. Fully optioned LTZ with nav etc. I got supplier price (over $1K off MSRP of $26,410) plus they had an extra $2000 "rebate" from the dealer for me showing up @ 6am in the morning and closing that day. There are always deals out there. Good luck and PUSH!
    2011 Cruze LTZ
    Crystal Red
    Navigation and Moonroof

Handbrake Released
    So what did you pay Mark?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.