2012 Cruze Transmission slipping
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 2012 Cruze Transmission slipping

Driver's Ed

2012 Cruze Transmission slipping

Hey all, I see that there are many other threads involving these transmissions on the Chevrolet Cruze. My girlfriend has just purchased a 2012 Cruze LS Auto. In the time of her ownership, it has been to the dealer three times. The vehicle does the current run of the mill things, hard shifts / downshifts, which is really annoying itself. It also tends to "slip". When putting the car into reverse, the car will roll (forward or backwards depending on SLIGHT incline) and bang into gear. Recently I noticed this myself at a Walmart parking lot. I was infront of a shopping cart station. I put the auto into reverse, and it rolled foward and bumped into the station before going into reverse. The service people have NOTCED this on test drive but still say "There is nothing wrong" It shifts horrible, especially compared to my 11' Regal (I know, i know, heavier car, etc) It's at the dealer now and they were going to give it back to her before I called Chevrolet and made a complaint. Then, they changed their tune to "thursday" They told my rep that they can not find anything wrong with it. The rep told me it's their word over mine (ours)

There is something wrong with it, it's apparent. The more I see of all these complaints it's a wonder there is not a class-action lawsuit following this. I work for GM (Assembly plant) and i'm the one that told her to buy GM. I feel horrible as it has been a pain in the butt for her ever since!

Like i said, I know there are other threads - I would like this one to be made sperate because i have not seen this exact issue elsewhere.

Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RegalT View Post
    Hey all, I see that there are many other threads involving these transmissions on the Chevrolet Cruze. My girlfriend has just purchased a 2012 Cruze LS Auto. In the time of her ownership, it has been to the dealer three times. The vehicle does the current run of the mill things, hard shifts / downshifts, which is really annoying itself. It also tends to "slip". When putting the car into reverse, the car will roll (forward or backwards depending on SLIGHT incline) and bang into gear. Recently I noticed this myself at a Walmart parking lot. I was infront of a shopping cart station. I put the auto into reverse, and it rolled foward and bumped into the station before going into reverse. The service people have NOTCED this on test drive but still say "There is nothing wrong" It shifts horrible, especially compared to my 11' Regal (I know, i know, heavier car, etc) It's at the dealer now and they were going to give it back to her before I called Chevrolet and made a complaint. Then, they changed their tune to "thursday" They told my rep that they can not find anything wrong with it. The rep told me it's their word over mine (ours)

There is something wrong with it, it's apparent. The more I see of all these complaints it's a wonder there is not a class-action lawsuit following this. I work for GM (Assembly plant) and i'm the one that told her to buy GM. I feel horrible as it has been a pain in the butt for her ever since!

Like i said, I know there are other threads - I would like this one to be made sperate because i have not seen this exact issue elsewhere.

Thanks for the help!
    So... you know that these things drop into neutral when you're stopped, to safe fuel, right? Somebody with an automatic can chime in, because I don't know if it goes into gear when you let off the brake, or when you hit the gas... I could see if doing this if you let mostly off the brake, but were just on it enough that the brake switch was still engaged?

Mike

Off-Road Champion
    Cruze = 6T40 Transaxle
    Regal = 6T45 Transaxle
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    13,600 Mi., Avg. MPG: 34 City; 45 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    21 months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

I'm not apathetic, I'm just too old to matter anymore.
    30,871 July '14 YTD

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Frye View Post
    Cruze = 6T40 Transaxle
    Regal = 6T45 Transaxle

Hi Jim, I'm perfectly aware of this. I was just comparing.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by bartonmd View Post
    So... you know that these things drop into neutral when you're stopped, to safe fuel, right? Somebody with an automatic can chime in, because I don't know if it goes into gear when you let off the brake, or when you hit the gas... I could see if doing this if you let mostly off the brake, but were just on it enough that the brake switch was still engaged?

Mike

Hi Mike, No, This is quite noticeable. When releasing the brake, and applying the gas, it'll coast before it goes into gear.

Hi Mike, No, This is quite noticeable. When releasing the brake, and applying the gas, it'll coast before it goes into gear.
    Hmmm... I've only driven one in Indiana, but depending on where you live, it could be more noticeable... Like if you live in San Fran, and everything's a 30% grade to start off on... More info is good...

Mike

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by bartonmd View Post
    Hmmm... I've only driven one in Indiana, but depending on where you live, it could be more noticeable... Like if you live in San Fran, and everything's a 30% grade to start off on... More info is good...

Mike

I'm from upstate newyork, it was a level parking lot, I don't think a baby stroller would have rolled on this parking lot. LOL

I'm from upstate newyork, it was a level parking lot, I don't think a baby stroller would have rolled on this parking lot. LOL
    Hmmm... Yeah, probably shouldn't be slamming into gear, then...

Mike

Mine has slammed into reverse a few times. I back it into the garage and its usually when I put it into reverse after driving around the driveway that I notice it. Im not happy and if GM wont do anything (the service adviser thinks I need a new tranny) then I am filing for the Lemon Law
    Zyphid likes this.

I have a 2011 and when I shift into D or R it will pop into gear before I release the brake. You can feel the car jerk slightly even with your foot on the brake. This is generally normal for auto transmissions. The cruze will only shift into neutral if you're stopped for a few seconds and have your foot on the brake(like at a stop light).

What you're describing seems like you're shifting gears without your foot firmly on the brake. On mine, even when I go from N to D without touching the brake the car only has a slight jerk (typical of auto transmissions). Theres no rollback or anything unless it's on an incline. Something seems odd about your situation.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast