Wind noise - Page 13
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wind noise

3rd Gear
    GM's incompetence is sure making poor Stacy one busy gal

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy Customer Service View Post
    Invierno,
    I understand your concerns with this issue. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealer? I look forward to your response as well as being able to assist you with your concerns.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service
    Stacy-
    Thank you for your attention to this matter. Hopefully it can get resolved since I am obviously not the only one bothered by this annoyance. I will PM you my name, address, phone number, VIN, everything else you asked for.

Thank you
    '12 Cruze LT 6spd - 172whp/220wtq
    '98 Honda Prelude - sold
    '98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Supercharged - 248whp/316wtq - sold
    '05 Subaru WRX - 233whp/243wtq - gone
    '98 BMW 328i - DINAN tuned - ​sold

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by csbutler16 View Post
    I bought a 2013 Cruze LS last week and noticed the wind noise coming from the top of my rear drivers side door/window. Took it to the dealership today and they adjusted the window seal. Didn't work and then they put some silicone in the upper window track. It fixed the issue for the most part. Not a whole lot of wind until I hit about 50ish..was starting around 40. I'm calling them back in the morning, so we'll see.

csbutler16,
    I would like to apologize for the issues that you are having with the wind noise. I would like you to keep me posted on the progress with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Driver's Ed
    So after the window adjustment didn't fix the issue my dealer replaced all of the door seals and BOOM! No mas wind. =D

Driver's Ed
    Hello all,

I recently got a chevy cruze 2012 eco and I do love my car, I come from a family born and bred chevy and I have had some issues some resolved some not, I am very very concerned about a few, I had a rattle in driver side door brought it in was fixed for two days now its louder depending on the bumps on the road.

Also on highway driving I get loud wind sounds from driver side and you can clearly see the weather stripping not put on right like the passenger side door, also a cold start sound that the dealer had no idea what caused it and had to call chevy tac to get help, they replaced belt and tensioner next cold start it was still there I reported these issues in as my car has only 7000 km on it I mean really this is not good.

The car was clearly not engineered to make these sounds, I am reaching out for help here and I hope chevy helps this new car owner first new car from a long line of chevy cars in our family, I am really depressed and worried every morning I got to get into my car and it shouldnt be like that so times i took it in and its the same thing, should you replace my car since the engine makes huge rattles in cold and chevy tac and the mechanics have no idea whats causing it, the engine sound there was one other person there at my dealer the day i brought mine in with same issue, please do something for me repairs are doing nothing maybe you should contact my dealer after I speak with you, please help me

Driver's Ed
    I rolled down the back windows in sync for the first time on my drive home after I purchased the 2013 Cruze. That's when I heard the resonator bass note that drove me insane. It has to be something to do with the flat-sided doors!!! I'm loathe to take it to the dealer, because it seems like a few people hear it, but no solution. I have made it a point to open alternating front driver/rear passenger windows to create a crossflow of air to keep it from resonating. I was thinking of getting Painted Side-moulding Appliques to see if it keeps the broad panel of the doors from flapping about.
    Same flapping about noise of the door skin happens when I shut the driver door as well.
    I got the Cruze because it didn't sound like the tin-can of the Nissans and Toyotas, but if anyone has any suggestions or refer me to a specific post (i've been searching around for a while) I'd appreciate.
    13 Cruze LT Autumn Metallic

Aesop
    A couple of noticed changes in the Cruze, air coming into the vehicle has to be exhausted. Old way was to put the weather stripping on the outside of the door, not the inside and to install an exhaust vent on the inside at the rear door. Much further away from your ear.

If you put your blower motor in high gear, close the door, engine off, you can feel a blast of air in the upper crack between the front and rear doors. Helps to turn your recir on and use #1 speed to cut down that noise. But in mine that 5/16" space in the driver's upper rear corner really made a loud whistling noise. Getting that replaced made a world of difference.

In way, wish they stuck with the old way for an exhaust vent, but still the quietest car I have ever owned.

Autocross Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MeesterOh View Post
    I rolled down the back windows in sync for the first time on my drive home after I purchased the 2013 Cruze. That's when I heard the resonator bass note that drove me insane. It has to be something to do with the flat-sided doors!!! I'm loathe to take it to the dealer, because it seems like a few people hear it, but no solution. I have made it a point to open alternating front driver/rear passenger windows to create a crossflow of air to keep it from resonating. I was thinking of getting Painted Side-moulding Appliques to see if it keeps the broad panel of the doors from flapping about.
    Same flapping about noise of the door skin happens when I shut the driver door as well.
    I got the Cruze because it didn't sound like the tin-can of the Nissans and Toyotas, but if anyone has any suggestions or refer me to a specific post (i've been searching around for a while) I'd appreciate.
    13 Cruze LT Autumn Metallic
    You are hearing/feeling the air pressure rise and fall inside the car.....nothing to do with the sheet metal.
    Some designs are prone to it (like this one) some seem to never do it regardless of what window or combination of windows are open.
    Worst I've ever experienced is a Corvette with the targa roof removed.....pounds your chest.....so bad that the aftermarket makes a latch extender so you can operate the car with the tailgate open about one inch.....just enouph to let the trapped air pass out of the cabin.

Nothing to fix.

Rob
    spacedout likes this.

Aesop
    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    You are hearing/feeling the air pressure rise and fall inside the car.....nothing to do with the sheet metal.
    Some designs are prone to it (like this one) some seem to never do it regardless of what window or combination of windows are open.
    Worst I've ever experienced is a Corvette with the targa roof removed.....pounds your chest.....so bad that the aftermarket makes a latch extender so you can operate the car with the tailgate open about one inch.....just enouph to let the trapped air pass out of the cabin.

Nothing to fix.

Rob
    Unless some of those reinforcement bars are missing some spot welds in the door. Sheet metal would flex like crazy. Was a recall about missing spot welds in the trunk area. Why not in the doors as well.

Escalade does this as well but even louder. I believe it was OberMD that said crack the front passenger one just enough and that worked for me at freeway speeds and didn't overpowered the radio. Will also add I had both my back doors realigned with the rear bumper in the 1st 2k miles the edges where the doors opened stuck out from the body so the seal wasn't that great.

2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (DD)
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast