Wind noise
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wind noise

Learning about my Cruze

Wind noise

I got my Cruze a couple of days ago and love it very much. One thing I noticed was slight wind noise on the driver side near the top by the air bag word. Is there any suggestions that can be given to lessen the noise? It's not terrible, and wasn't deal breaking for me, but if I just want to have a quiet ride to think (no radio on, etc) it can be noticable at high speeds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    I am having the same issue with my '11 Eco. The dealer has tried 2 attempts at fixing it but it is still there. They have been adjusting the door inwards and maybe 'tweeking' the frame. I will mention it again when I go back but it is not terrible but I think it could be better. Some on the forum have had thiers fixed by replacing the rubber seal so maybe that is the answer. Just getting the dealer to do it may be the problem.

Handbrake Released
    I have a 2012 1LT RS and the wind/road noise is very noticeable. It sounds like the window is slightly open. I see others have complained about the same issue. Mine is coming from the door post (section between the front and rear doors where the seat belt height adjuster is located). It is louder on the highway for sure. I have listened closely all around the door area and that is where mine is the loudest. My dealer said it was normal...I say BS!

Driver's Ed
    I have a 2012 LS and have the same wind noise fron the drivers door. Only notice at highwaty speeds. I am taking to dealer in a few weeks for a few other issues will keep you posted

Administrator
    If your dealer can't figure it out on the first visit, call GM. I can't tell you how many people are too lazy to do this, then come here on the forums and start complaining about it expecting to get something done. Call GM and have them remedy this situation for you. They will provide your seemingly incompetent dealer with the information needed to fix the problem, or they'll find you another dealer. They will stick with you the whole way to make sure the problem gets resolved.
    Patman likes this.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Learning about my Cruze
    I didn't come here to complain, just to see if anyone had some ideas to try before going into the dealer. I will definitely try them if there are none provided.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiolon View Post
    I didn't come here to complain, just to see if anyone had some ideas to try before going into the dealer. I will definitely try them if there are none provided.
    I wasn't referring to you in particular. Just trying to outline the importance of contacting GM directly when there's a problem the dealer is not able to resolve.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Aesop
    Trying to solve this problem myself, know how to stop it, just place my right hand, palm down so my baby finger is closing the gap between the window and the frame by being pressed firmly in the inner upper rear corner of the window.

Did verified the window is fully closed and aligned properly. Only difference I have noted between the drivers's door and passenger side that doesn't have that noise, is that vertical weather external strip on the outside of the glass was heat sealed to the top member. On the driver's side, got carried away and thinned out that vertical strip about 3/4" of a inch. That could be flapping at higher speeds. Passenger side is thick clear up to the top.

That I plan on bringing to the attention of my dealer for his opinion. Am aware of the venturi effect creating a vacuum that could be pulling that weather strip outward. Was tempted to augment that section with some black rubber cement to see if that made a difference, but heck, will let my dealer worry about it. Could be a TBS or something, seems like I am not the only one with this problem.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.

Learning about my Cruze cmackvr6's Avatar
    I've got wind noise too. Pretty annoying.

Banned
    I believe it is an issue with the weather stripping. There is an official GM issue on the 2011 Cruze

Mine goes away when I put Leather polish between the door and the stripping. All the rattles and noises coming from the window go away.

For a constant hissing then the fix is to apply a strip of soft material to add to the weather stripping. If I find the GM issue I'll post it here. I can't find it now. It has an issue number and everything.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast