I unscrewed my whip antenna, ha, easy to steal. - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I unscrewed my whip antenna, ha, easy to steal.

Yeah but then it looks incomplete. It would be cool of someone made a little screw in extension that finished off the base to make it look like a shark fin. CRAP I NEED TO PATENT THAT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Aesop
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUV View Post
    Lol I like how you used the whip to find the car. Did you put a little florescent yellow ball on the end of it to enhance the visibility factor? :P
    Ours has that panic button on the remote, soft horn beeps if you only hold it for three seconds, loud beeps and flashing lights if held for over three seconds. Really don't know what happens if you hold it down for more than six seconds, maybe the entire car blows up so you can find it.

Another disadvantage of buying a new car, get very fussy where I park it, wife says, there is a spot. Yeah, would have to squeeze in between to monster trucks, can see our doors getting all banged up. So I drop her off at the front door and park it two blocks away. But remember where I parked it.

In Caracas, she drives, I just ride along, but we had about a ten block walk and I was paying far more attention to all those creepy people with rumors about murders and robbery. Thought she was paying attention to where she parked it. Afterwards, we walked all over for about three hours until we found it. Now I pay attention. In this respect, the USA is still a nice place to live, but watch out for those monster trucks.

I'm trying to modify one of the christmas tree like plugs we have at the shop here to fit into the lil screw hole. If it works it should totally cover the screw hold, and look all black.

I also get yelled at constantly for parking so far from the store, altho in my area it's normal for someone to drive through the stores, as the local dollarama seems to be missing a piece of the wall all the time. I figured if they have no problem parking in the store they don't care much if they bang the **** outta your door.

Learning about my Cruze
    I started a thread in the electrical forum already about this, short question would be how you remove the base (for those that have installed the shark fin), I have to probably replace the base and mast, mother in laws garage door whacked the crap out of my antenna.

My cruze came with the antenna in the glovebox in a bag, they forgot to put it on so I had too hahah
    Sunline Fan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I started a thread in the electrical forum already about this, short question would be how you remove the base (for those that have installed the shark fin), I have to probably replace the base and mast, mother in laws garage door whacked the crap out of my antenna.
    You don't remove the base. The shark fin antenna only covers over it and is painted factory loot to match your car. For a safety measure, it does also include a screw and a wire that connects to a built in antenna stuck on the inside of the shell of the shark fin.

Mods:
    28% Tint/ Camaro PDIM Bluetooth Module/ Virtual Garage Shark Fin Antenna/ Aussie Chevrolet Rear Emblem/ Aluminum Sport Pedals/ GrafxWerks Front Bowtie Overlay and Wheel Emblem Covers/ Buick Verano Console Ambient Lighting/ BMW Style Rear Taillights/ Trifecta Premium Tune/ Audi style Projector Headlights/ Morimoto 4300k HIDs/ Höen Yellow Foglight Bulbs/Aluminum Door Sills/ Piano Black Door Trim

Quote Originally Posted by CHUV View Post
    Lol I like how you used the whip to find the car. Did you put a little florescent yellow ball on the end of it to enhance the visibility factor? :P

LOL. I used little rubber Santa doll with wire arms to hold on tight. Actually I don't know if it helped me find the car better or not: just stood up more than the fin and was typically the only type of visible antenna in the lot since my car gets lost in the "sea" of grey cars. Really I need a "distinctive beep" for my key less entry or at least turn the volume up as I am partially deaf in one ear to find my car easier.
    Last edited by Patman; 01-01-2013 at 10:17 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    You don't remove the base. The shark fin antenna only covers over it and is painted factory loot to match your car. For a safety measure, it does also include a screw and a wire that connects to a built in antenna stuck on the inside of the shell of the shark fin.

I think I found a guy here who has removed the base, I sent him an PM. Just need to fix the stock antenna so looking for someone who may have removed the base on a Cruze with onstar.

Where are you guys getting the Shark Fin at?

how much weight does it save
    2013 Cyber Gray/ black 2LT 6M RS. stage 0 tune for 91 octane- vtuner

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.