LTZ Locking Question
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTZ Locking Question

Handbrake Released

LTZ Locking Question

I picked up my LTZ Friday. I played with the settings a little bit, but have a couple questions. The car will not automatically lock if you walk away with the key fob, correct? My C6 Vette would automatically lock and unlock, which is why I'm asking.

How are you guys locking the car when you leave? Just hit the lock button inside before you get out? I know the point of the keyless is so you don't have to dig for your keys if you don't want to...but, it seems you have to anyways to lock it?

And for the life of me, I cannot figure out the setting labeled "Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out".

Manual States:
    "When on, all doors will lock. The driver door will then unlock if door locking is requested while the driver door is open, and disable the delayed Door Lock Feature. Even when this feature is off, the driver is protected from accidental lockouts when the key is in the ignition. If Off is selected, the Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out feature may be enabled through an additional menu selection"

I do not understand the point of this feature, or what exactly it does?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Mine has been the same way since I took delivery, get out walk away-doors lock and horn beeps. Approach car and doors unlock. Only drawback is now I approach my Traverse and go to open the door it doesn't open. Oh yea dummy you need to hit the button on the remote. Sounds like a trip back to the dealer to get default settings restored.
    Last edited by NOONZ662; 04-16-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: grammar

Handbrake Released
    Hurm, maybe it is locking when I walk away, I just never tried it because my sales guy said I had to manually lock the car!

Restore to factory default is easy, that's just the last option, but no need to do that I don't think. I don't get the "Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out" though.

Learning about my Cruze Dennis_Mn's Avatar
    I just hit the painted spot on the door handle when I leave the car, works great!

Handbrake Released
    Hurm, he didn't show me that either....good thing I asked here! I'll try the painted spot also.

Driver's Ed
    Here's my take on this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt View Post
    I picked up my LTZ Friday. I played with the settings a little bit, but have a couple questions. The car will not automatically lock if you walk away with the key fob, correct? My C6 Vette would automatically lock and unlock, which is why I'm asking.

Yes it will, I have my LTZ setup the same way as I got used to my C6 vette having the same feature. I have mine setup to lock and honk so I know it locked (about 8s after the last door closes) and it'll unlock when i pull the door handle with fob in my pocket and not pushing a single button. Love it.

How are you guys locking the car when you leave? Just hit the lock button inside before you get out? I know the point of the keyless is so you don't have to dig for your keys if you don't want to...but, it seems you have to anyways to lock it?

I don't remember the name of the setting in the vehicle settings menu, but again i have mine setup as above.

And for the life of me, I cannot figure out the setting labeled "Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out".

Manual States:
    "When on, all doors will lock. The driver door will then unlock if door locking is requested while the driver door is open, and disable the delayed Door Lock Feature. Even when this feature is off, the driver is protected from accidental lockouts when the key is in the ignition. If Off is selected, the Unlocked Door Anti Lock Out feature may be enabled through an additional menu selection"

I do not understand the point of this feature, or what exactly it does?

Basically, it seems that this feature is to prevent you from having the automatic door locking feature described above lock your keys in the car if they are in the ignition/car. On mine car, my GF has my other set of keys and likes to keep them in her purse; well she will leave her purse in the car sometimes with the key in it, and the car will warn us when we close the doors that there is a key in the car. If you then wait another 8s, the car will lock (which apparently this feature turns off) and if you dont have another set of keys, you just successfully locked your keys in the car. Also, keep in mind if you do this (leave a key in the car) the remote start will not work (figured that out this weekend, kinda like it... nice anti-theft idea lol).

Off-Road Champion
    .......Thank goodness for old fashion keys that us old heads have

Handbrake Released
    Next question..when I walk up to my car in the morning it will unlock when I pull the handle...but the interior lights don't come on? The gages light up, but that's it?

Mine will lock automatically a certain number of seconds after the last door is closed...it's in the setup though, I just turned this feature on a few months ago. My interior lights have always illuminated on opening the door...I'm not sure if this is set up somewhere in the setup or not; they have always illuminated upon entering the car.

2012 Cruze LTZ/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat
    1996 Trans AM LT1/M6
    1998 Pontiac Sunfire (Gone - but not forgotten!)
    2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ

Aesop
    My garage door also uses that 2032 battery, lasted quite a long time, but just this last week, it worked great, next time it was dead. Good thing I have a house key on my key chain or will be standing outside.

Probably why the Cruze owners manual highly recommends you carry two remotes with you. But buying a spare key is reasonable, only two arms and two legs.

2004 Cavalier has three key slots to get inside, and have occasions to use all three. Namely due to ice rains. If the drivers door is iced shut, try the passenger door, if that is iced shut, trunk may work. Can drop the rear seats backs from the trunk and barely crawl in. Cruze only has one key slot, suppose if an ice rain is in the forecast, should take another vehicle.

Cruze only has one door lock, wonder what idiot came up with that idea? Also had problems with lint build up in that crazy slotted key. Can't lock my 2LT by manually pushing down the inside door lock, with the door open, the instant I push it down it pops up again. Only the remote or the key will lock the doors.

If you have a free afternoon, can sit in your Cruze and play with that Config button on your radio to set the lock and unlock features in many different configurations. Except disabling that auto door lock feature, I hate that.

May also learn to get out, have to pull on that inside door handle twice, but not in the rear doors if that child lock feature was left on. If stuck back there if the driver was disabled and the car is on fire, just bring some marshmallows that you can enjoy while being burnt to death.

With the advent of anti-thief, has done a far more effective means of preventing the rightful owner of that vehicle to start their own cars. Dealerships and towing companies had to invest in flatbed trucks that can quickly load your vehicle, locked with the brakes on to be taken to the repair shop. And so have more sophisticated car thieves. Anti-thief only prevents idiots from stealing your car.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast