Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

News/pics of 2015 Cruze face-lift!!

116K views 536 replies 88 participants last post by  NYCruze2012 
#1 ·
2015 Chevrolet Cruze Gets Tweaked Design, More Gadgets

My personal opinion is that this 2015 tweak is f'n ugly!! I appreciate all the tech upgrades and other internal changes that Chevy is doing, but who the **** decided that this new front end was attractive and will result in more sales?!

I know some people will like it, because let's face it, some people just don't have taste, but this just doesn't do anything for me but make me want to throw-up in my mouth!

I personally would just leave the front end alone if I was Chevy and just do the interior upgrades that they have listed in the article. The only tweaks for the exterior on this refresh (since the 2nd gen cruze is right around the corner) that I would do is: standard shark fin, more rim selections, new paint colors, SEMA show quality Z-Spec grille, LED head/tail lights, and side mirror turn signals!!

LORD PLEASE GRANT ME THE ABILITY TO BUY A NEW 2014 BEFORE THESE 2015'S ARRIVE, LOL!!! Anyone know when the 2014's will stop being produced and available for custom factory order?! So what do you guys/gals think?

#327 ·
Still can't build one on the Cruze website.

#328 ·
Not only did Chevy take away the leather rapped steering wheel from the 2015 1LT, they also took away that silver trim piece that's on the steering wheel. So pretty much, they have turned the 1LT into a **** LS!

Why would Chevy decontent the trim level that is bought the most?!

#330 ·
So I passed a car-hauler carrying a bunch of new 2015 Cruzen on my drive home from work today on I-81. I must admit it was pretty cool seeing all those Cruzes in one spot and them being right beside me for a little bit. I was going to slow down and try to get behind it, so I could take a few pictures once I realized what was on the truck, but it was just going too slow by the time I had passed it and I had to keep up with the flow of the left hand lane.

Maybe they were headed to the few local Chevy dealerships around here where I live? I'll probably take a quick trip to the two closest dealerships Sunday after I get off work and see if they got any in. That way I can look at them without be bother by the sales person, haha. If, I'm lucky, maybe one will be unlocked so I can see the interior changes.

#331 ·
Found a video showing the guidance lines that are in the 2015 Cruze's backup camera!! The guidance line parts starts around 3:05.

It appears the guidance lines move with the steering wheel which is awesome, but it would have been cool if the lines had the three different colors of green, yellow, and red to better indicate depth. Either way, it's really cool that the Cruze finally has guidance lines!!

#333 · (Edited)
Sat in a 1LT RS with technology package earlier today, the tiny lock/unlock button is cheesy and looks like a last minute thought. Trunk button is meh and the usb ports no longer have a cover or anything to attach a cover to. No leather steering wheel was not a rumor, it was the LS wheel with CC and media buttons.

Beside that I also took a few pics to see if there were more little things.

14 side marker

15 side marker

14 from above

15 from above

Besides that, much else wasn't done on the exterior.

#334 ·
Sat in a 1LT RS with technology package earlier today, the tiny lock/unlock button is cheesy and looks like a last minute thought. Trunk button is meh and the usb ports no longer have a cover or anything to attach a cover to. No leather steering wheel was not a rumor, it was the LS wheel with CC and media buttons.

I think it's bs too that they are so **** cheap that they had to take the plastic protective USB/AUX cover away! Such f-uckers for taking away the holes, so that ordering that protective piece isn't even a **** option! They know exactly what they were doing!!

What's even more messed up is that fact they started the decontenting of this plastic protective usb/aux piece with some of the late 2014 builds! SMH!

#335 ·
I prefer the '14, I had a good look at the '15 when I picked mine out on the weekend. The front end is one of the better looking parts of the Cruze, and I think the '15 is a little off the styling of the /14, enough so I would rather pass on it and look elsewhere.

Can you guys elaborate more on the AUX USB thing? Your pic looks like my '12.

#340 ·
So, the '15s are on the lots now, but you still can't do a build your own on the web site?

#343 ·
I saw one here in va a few days ago in red and it wasn't too bad. Seemed as if the led strips were the Drl's on this one. I'm not too sure if that's how it is or not but I'm still so torn on weither I like it or not. It's like it's too much going on and kinda sticks out like they forced it. Not a fan of the grille design either. I'll take my eco with my grill candy lol.

#347 ·
Not yet, the car I sat in was indoors. None of the cool gadgetry would work w/o the new AT&T OnStar account activated. Siri would have been it. Truthfully I was soo blown by the cheesy lock button and LS wheel I never even tried to see how the buttons feel to touch after 2 days at the dealership this week.

#354 ·
wow... at 9 grand off sticker, I would have probably bought one... When I was shopping for my newest Cruze ( used ) I saw a 2014 CTD with 3000 miles on it for $20K , I was tempted. But I wondered exactly why someone had traded in a car with 3000 miles. In the end, I got my 2013 LTZ for 15K and it had 23,000 miles on it.

#360 · (Edited)
I would have really thought that if they were going to take away the leather wrapped steering wheel on the 1LT trim, that they could have at least made it so that it's available if you get the 1LT RS package!! Who the **** wants to drive a Cruze with an appearance package with a **** LS steering wheel?

Why does Chevy want to punish N/A consumers after making the Cruze one of the best selling compact cars out there by doing all this decontenting?! Are they trying to push people to look at their competitors? Maybe Chevy can't handle being successful and this is their way of shying away from being the top dog in the compact class?

Who does Chevy get for their Cruze/compact sedan focus groups because if they used this forum and it's members, they would know what they should or shouldn't do to the Cruze!

#363 ·
Why does Chevy want to punish N/A consumers after making the Cruze one of the best selling compact cars out there by doing all this decontenting.
I think they are creating a differentiation for the SS between the Camaro and the Cruze. When I picked up my '14 LTZ RS I test drove a '13 Camaro 2SS for a day. Way too many shared components between the two. I think the market is pushing the Cruze towards the econo-box, and people wanting something sportier can look towards the SS or Camaro perhaps.

No way Vette guys wouldn't cry a river if the Camaro shared as many components with the Vette as the Cruze does with the Camaro.

I could be way wrong.

#365 ·
BWAH!!! Too funny! However I need fog lights because to me the car looks incomplete without them!

#367 ·
So, with the de-contenting of the 2015 model, is it more/less expensive than a comperable 2014 model?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.