Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

News/pics of 2015 Cruze face-lift!!

116K views 536 replies 88 participants last post by  NYCruze2012 
#1 ·
2015 Chevrolet Cruze Gets Tweaked Design, More Gadgets

My personal opinion is that this 2015 tweak is f'n ugly!! I appreciate all the tech upgrades and other internal changes that Chevy is doing, but who the **** decided that this new front end was attractive and will result in more sales?!

I know some people will like it, because let's face it, some people just don't have taste, but this just doesn't do anything for me but make me want to throw-up in my mouth!

I personally would just leave the front end alone if I was Chevy and just do the interior upgrades that they have listed in the article. The only tweaks for the exterior on this refresh (since the 2nd gen cruze is right around the corner) that I would do is: standard shark fin, more rim selections, new paint colors, SEMA show quality Z-Spec grille, LED head/tail lights, and side mirror turn signals!!

LORD PLEASE GRANT ME THE ABILITY TO BUY A NEW 2014 BEFORE THESE 2015'S ARRIVE, LOL!!! Anyone know when the 2014's will stop being produced and available for custom factory order?! So what do you guys/gals think?

#2 ·
That's Nice Starks ! But given your economical situation you might want to consider looking for a used cruzen and then just fix it up to your own liking .. preferably one with low miles . Mine is 3 years new and I have 21,000.00 miles and that is due to my short city commute . I have given IT a few endurance tests to go along with my 7 mile commute . 18 hrs to Dallas 18 hrs back . 14 hrs to Phylly and 13 hrs Back . These cruzens are great on the highway ..

Reactions: Starks8
#3 · (Edited)
It looks nice , so this will be launched in 2015 along side the next generation cruze , they will both be sold together and our current model cruze will be referred to as the classic when buying new . Sadley chevrolet is pulling out of Europe so we won't see the new cruze where I live , England London , turkey bodrum , shame really next best thing will be a Opel Astra but I'm fed up with opel it's super duper bland average beige in Europe unless we are talking Vxr , why don't they put the 2.2 turbo 4 cylinder from the Vxr Astra in the cruze and call it the CRUZE SS that's what we really want not another new front .......and give it some camaro tail lights that's all we want f the new one it will end up looking like a ford or Kia or Hyundai

#5 ·
It looks nice , so this will be launched in 2015 along side the next generation cruze , they will both be sold together and our current model cruze will be referred to as the classic when buying new . Sadley chevrolet is pulling out of Europe so we won't see the new cruze where I live , England London , turkey bodrum , shame really next best thing will be a Opel Astra but I'm fed up with opel it's super duper bland average beige in Europe unless we are talking Vxr , why don't they put the 2.2 turbo 4 cylinder from the Vxr Astra in the cruze and call it the cruze sis that's what we really want not another new front and give it some camaro tail lights , ohh well dreams
I don't think America is getting that other cruze. I believe that's a shorter wheelbase car for China and other global markets. This refresh will be our Cruze for the next few years.

Reactions: Starks8
#4 ·
I was sorta worried that after I just got my car last summer, that the new one would be so much better that I'd be upset for not waiting a year. Then the Global Cruze came out and I felt better because that looks like any Kia, Hyundai, or Ford (or any compact car for that matter). But this... this really makes me appreciate my car. Even if you were going to update the front, update the back. It's one of weak points to the car. They did the same thing with the Malibu and people hate the rear end of that car. I just don't understand this logic. It doesn't matter with the more conservative design of the car as a whole.

Reactions: Daryl
#6 · (Edited)
I am over the moon if that is the case :go:My car is going to stay fresh

all a new cruze needs in my opinion is to keep the same basic shape , just give it xenon lights like you find on a audi give it the camero style tail lights and it needs a more powerful engine that is not a dizzezal , and u no minor changes hear and there more soft touch on the interior less hard plastic more brushed steal and little touches hear and there it won't take a lot , it's about time a company stuck with what works works and don't change it for the sake of it hats of to chevrolet if they keep the cruze as it is

#8 · (Edited)
The bowtie looks really tiny and weird, loses the cohesiveness with the 2-tier grill. Overall it's 'okay'. Reminds me a little of the 2014 Civic Coupe bumper refresh, which is a mess.

I still would've appreciated the new MyLink, properly placed door locks and internal trunk release in my '14 :)

#13 ·
Yeah...I am not real sure I'd buy the car if this is the styling they are going with. One thing I like about my '14 CTD and the Cruze in general, is the fascia and body lines. Aggressive from the front, yet not over the top. I think my CTD is a darn good looking car from any angle.

#18 ·
Horrible move, IMO. The front end was the best part of the design. The cheap plastic C Pillar is what they should have changed and the rear is kind of weak with that shiny chrome bar.
They aren't improving the power trains at all, still has the craptastic base engine and just adding gadgets.
After looking at all the improvements to the Focus for the coming model year I have to say that GM, once again, has let me down.
As if rooting for The Mets and Jets isn't bad enough I have to root for this company as well?

#19 ·
Seriously I'm surprised with all the hate against the refresh. I actually like it, I guess after seeing what they had planned for the re-design anything that resembles the current look is welcomed in my book. If I were in the market for a new car I'd still choose the cruze if it looked like that :p

#26 ·
The front end before was the nicest part of the Cruze, now they ruined it. They tried to make it blend with the family and now it looks too much like a Malibu which I think looks ugly. The front grille and bowtie don't blend well and are disproportionate. I'm still happy with my 2011.

#32 ·
#33 ·
For once, I can honestly say that the LTZ looks like the ******* child of the lineup. Too much chrome on such a small nose and the asymmetrical trim of the fog's makes no sense. You have this HUGE 3 sided chrome trim ring highlighting a HUGE black hole.

#34 ·
When the last bodystyle Impala was leaving they finally deleted the chrome bar on the trunk and gave every trim 300+ HP engines from the Camaro. I was hoping they did that here throwing in the 2.0 in making us all flood the lots to trade in for it. Nope.

#40 ·
The new grille shapes don't play nice with the existing headlight shapes... it leaves some strange leftover real-estate attempting to bridge the gap.

I like the move to LED DRL light strips, it's a modern touch. I'm not a fan of the overall new look though.

Looks like the aero package will remain for the Eco and Diesel models. The RS pkg may just be a stick on lip at the front instead of a whole new facia.

There's not much they could have done to dramatically change the look while keeping the existing headlights and hood, and still have a successful design. This looks like a band-aid to keep the car "interesting" for a few more years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.