Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Remaining miles 458, after an 82 mile drive, 462 miles!

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jblackburn 
#1 ·
Finally, summer gas is back again. :giggle:

#2 · (Edited)
I always love to see the miles remaining rising on those first couple gallons of a tank when I go straight onto the highway from the station. The last tank of Diesel I filled up with still feels like mildly winter fuel based on my fuel economy (low 40s). I think we get back on plain #2 as of May here in Iowa, so when I get mine back from the body shop, I should be seeing some nice numbers again (approaching 50mpg) on my next fill-up.

Even on the winter fuel, the cruze has spoiled me, though. I can't believe how strange it feels to be getting 22mpg in the 3.5L 2007 Impala loaner I have, (I had hoped to get the 2012 Eco loaner they keep around, but another customer already had it, leaving me with the Impala) but when I'm getting reimbursed 56 cents/mile for my business mileage, the $35 of e85 I put in this afternoon only has to take me 62 miles before I start turning a profit (no depreciation, maintenance, etc. like when driving my own car) so I suppose it's not so bad.

#6 ·
I love that too! I filled up in WI on Sunday and drove to work in IL. I left the station and the DIC said I had 582 miles left. When I got to work, some 75 miles away, it was showing a range of 620. Flippin' awesome!!!

#3 ·
That's Nice Nick ! Drove down to Kankakee over the weekend . I filled up down there with 89 my cruzen loves the stuff . Plus IT gets better MPG on the highway . Around 40 ish as long as I stay under 65 .. speed limit is posted 70 down in Kankakee and will Co. Cook County is still 55 . I don't mind 63 is fast enough for an hours drive .

#7 · (Edited)
Lordstown? Roundtrip?

#5 ·
This weekend going to Dayton a couple of times. That should get the MPG up for me again. Last time I went to Indy, I filled up with 93 octane with my Tune and it gets @38 MPG of course the highway is hilly and there is alot of construction and some time spent stop 'n go and living life above 70 -75. That will put my tank @450. Then I go back to 89 octane and the MPG stays around 34 after the 93 tanks. Starting to consider using 93 or at least 91 for a while and see what that does for me. Now with 89 I am getting @33 mainly city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.