Windows fogging badly on my Chevy Cruze
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Windows fogging badly on my Chevy Cruze

Driver's Ed

Windows fogging badly on my Chevy Cruze

Searched for this and didn't find anything, so let me know if this is a dup.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem. I live in Southeast Iowa. Been mostly in the teens and twentys morning and evening.

My windows are fogging very badly. I drive 30 minutes to work. I have to put it on defrost (not half windshield/half floor) and turn the fan all the way up. This is more than annoying to say the least. This keeps the windshield clear and most of the front side windows. They stay fogged up around the seal. The back windows stay fogged and the rear window requires defrost to be on constantly.

The weird thing is that when it first started, the temps outside were cold, but temps we had already seen before. So I cleaned the windows (I use Invisible Glass) just in case a film was on there. It seemed slightly better, just barely, for a day or two, then back to being badly fogged.

And side note is that my mileage is still not great after 4500 miles on my 1.8L. struggle to get 28 mpg with 90% highway driving every day. Comparing to previous cars, I would expect to be getting 30-32 in the cold temps. Hopefully this comes up in the spring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Not sure if this will help however...
    To turn on defrost mode, set the temperature gauge to anything except the hottest (aka not all the way to the right, but one click/notch above).

This sometimes helps me

Driver's Ed
    Thanks for the reply. I do usually turn the heat down once I get warm (to keep from burning up).

Also, it doesn't seem to matter if I have the A/C on or not. Thought that would help by being "dryer" air, but seems to make no difference.

And it's just around the seals or the whole window? Maybe have the dealer check the seals.. not sure if they will be of any help or not

Driver's Ed
    Whole window. It is only around the seals when i am blasting the defrost to get it the best.

If I run the defrost like you would in any normal car (say on fan setting 2), the side windows are completely fogged and the bottom corners of the windshield fog heavily.

It's really a strange thing. The back side windows are fogged constantly. And it is what I consider to be a pretty heavy condensation that builds up.

1st Gear
    I had that happen in my previous car and it turned out that I had the vent system on cabin recirc rather than fresh outside air. Or have you already illiminated that possibility? It took me a little while to realize what was wrong because I never put it on recirculate.

Learning about my Cruze
    Check out the Owners Manuel, It's covered there.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmiller View Post
    The weird thing is that when it first started, the temps outside were cold, but temps we had already seen before. So I cleaned the windows (I use Invisible Glass) just in case a film was on there. It seemed slightly better, just barely, for a day or two, then back to being badly fogged.
    The AC compressor should only start (and help) when the outside temp is above 32F.
    Maybe the heating radiator is broken? Try this:

Turn the heat to the maximum, fan OFF and let the car runing for 5-10 minutes (stay outside, so that your respiration doesn't fog the windows).
    After this, the car should NOT be fogged.

Now, open door, turn up the fan to the max and close the door, without getting in the car. If the windows get fogged pretty bad instantly, then the heating radiator is damaged.

Handbrake Released
    Mine has this problem also. Even if I crank the defrost, the passenger side fogs up.

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmiller View Post
    My windows are fogging very badly. I drive 30 minutes to work. I have to put it on defrost (not half windshield/half floor) and turn the fan all the way up. This is more than annoying to say the least. This keeps the windshield clear and most of the front side windows. They stay fogged up around the seal. The back windows stay fogged and the rear window requires defrost to be on constantly.
    Southeast Wisconsin. No fogging problems at all. Need the A/C on at first.
    2LT 1.4LT

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast