Service Engine light ON!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Service Engine light ON!

Handbrake Released The Wolf Wagon's Avatar

Service Engine light ON!

Last Friday I was on the way to an out of town meeting with my Eco and went through a road construction zone in the dark. I got a piece of metal in the sidewall of the tire and called roadside for assistance. They changed the tire and I got directions through OnStar to the nearest Chevy dealer. After the hour wait for them to arrive, I started my car and it ran rough for a few seconds and as I throttled the engine, it smoothed right out but the "Service Engine" light came on. When I got to the dealership, they replaced the tire (221.11 ouch!) and told me that there were two codes in the History but they were showing "cleared."- One was for 'Lean Condition" and the other was for "Boost Sensor Performance." They told me they could not find anything so I left. The light was still on and didn't go out until the next day but the car ran fine. On Tuesday of this week, the light came back on but the car is running fine. I have an appointment at the dealership that I bought it at next Tuesday. Any ideas or similar experiences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Off-Road Champion
    I've never encountered this yet. Its hard to say. They should've told you which code illuminated the MIL. Obviously it didnt 'clear' or you wouldnt be in this situation right now. Maybe take it to an autoparts store and have them retrieve the codes in the meantime, and see which one is still biting, or both. Regardless, I'd take it easy til Tuesday, a lean code can be destructive if the car is beaten on (Not saying you do, just a heads up lol).
    CHEVYCRUZE RS likes this.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Handbrake Released The Wolf Wagon's Avatar
    Here are the codes = PO171 and PO236. These were on the invoice from the dealership. It said they were in history but currently passing whatever that means!

1st Gear
    I had the p0171 code on mine before and it mean the system is running lean mine was one of the tubing came off of the mani put it back in and its good to go!
    2011 Black Chevy Cruze A/T,

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf Wagon View Post
    Last Friday I was on the way to an out of town meeting with my Eco and went through a road construction zone in the dark. I got a piece of metal in the sidewall of the tire and called roadside for assistance. They changed the tire and I got directions through OnStar to the nearest Chevy dealer. After the hour wait for them to arrive, I started my car and it ran rough for a few seconds and as I throttled the engine, it smoothed right out but the "Service Engine" light came on. When I got to the dealership, they replaced the tire (221.11 ouch!) and told me that there were two codes in the History but they were showing "cleared."- One was for 'Lean Condition" and the other was for "Boost Sensor Performance." They told me they could not find anything so I left. The light was still on and didn't go out until the next day but the car ran fine. On Tuesday of this week, the light came back on but the car is running fine. I have an appointment at the dealership that I bought it at next Tuesday. Any ideas or similar experiences?

The Wolf Wagon,
    I would like you to keep me posted on the outcome of your appointment with your dealer. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

It's because your plugs aren't gapped correctly.

*flees*
    All advice, opinions, etc contained in this post are guaranteed to be worth exactly what you paid for them. All rights reserved. Offer not valid in some areas.

Mine actually just did the same thing this morning except I didn't get a check engine light and I have no fault codes. Very rough idle for 10 seconds or so, gave light throttle and pretty much went away and never came back.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.com App

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyderek72 View Post
    Mine actually just did the same thing this morning except I didn't get a check engine light and I have no fault codes. Very rough idle for 10 seconds or so, gave light throttle and pretty much went away and never came back.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.com App

Chevyderek72,
    I would suggest that you take your Cruze into your dealer and have them look into this for you. Please keep me posted on this. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
    Thank you,

Driver's Ed
    My chevy cruze has codes p0106, p0171,po172,p1101 and the engine light was on. The car acted as if it had a fuel filter problem, it would die down then catch and run great. The dealership said the car was to new to them so they could not figure out what the problem was. They cleared the dtc's and done a road test and everything worked fine. Then today(two days later) the engine light is back on. I will be bringing it back in on friday. My problem is they act is if they don't know what to do about the problem. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by wllace mitchell View Post
    My chevy cruze has codes p0106, p0171,po172,p1101 and the engine light was on. The car acted as if it had a fuel filter problem, it would die down then catch and run great. The dealership said the car was to new to them so they could not figure out what the problem was. They cleared the dtc's and done a road test and everything worked fine. Then today(two days later) the engine light is back on. I will be bringing it back in on friday. My problem is they act is if they don't know what to do about the problem. Any suggestions?

wllace mitchell,
    I understand your frustration with this issue. I would like to look into this further for you. In order for me to look into this for you I will need to gather your contact information. Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your dealership? I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Thank you,

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast