Cruze or the new Dodge Dart? - Page 2
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Cruze or the new Dodge Dart?

They should have brought back the Dodge Shadow not the Dart. That's not a dart. And I would never own anything called a "dart"

Cruze is where it's at.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Autocross Champion
    Check out the Motor Trend test of the New Dart. Looks good, handles poorly
    Wow! Looks like Dodge took a good handling Chassis and messed it up. Alfa's (if not known for reliability) were at least superb handling drivers cars. The 1.4T Dart w/6M is about even with a 6M Cruze ECO when it comes to acceleration, according to MT and the report I saw on Motorweek. Not that interested in the Dart anymore.

I'm just wondering when Chevy is going to do right and bring out a performance model Cruze. Ford has the Focus ST coming soon and there is talk of the Dart SRT4 with a 300+ horsepower turbo.
    steve333 likes this.

2012 Chevy Cruze 1LT RS Crystal Red Tint Coat

Handbrake Released
    When my wife and I were buying last month our Cruze we wanted a widely available car and we were not interested in being the testing crew for any brand, I knew that the Dart was coming out and it was immediately removed from the list for being a new introduction and not having a automatic, air, electric windows on the base model without going up and unknown quality. The Cruze LS has the all of the features we wanted and I had a aftermarket Cruise control installed and the car is even better.

We test drove Corolla, Focus, Mazda 3, Kia and Hyundai Elantra and the Cruze. The reason the Cruze won was a decent interior pleasant ride and better then average gas mileage. The final thing is the fact that my wife will be using the Cruze mainly I will still be driving it and it fit my 4' 9" wife and with me at 6'6" tall I could get the seat back and the car fit me.

1st Gear
    I have a 2012 Cruze LT that has had numerous issues and I decided to test drive a Dodge Dart today to see if I want to switch. I drove a grey Dodge Dart Limited with the 1.4 turbo and dual clutch tranny. Fit and Finish is real good- all interior pieces seem as tight as the Cruze. Interior is nice, the car I drove was all black inside. I would rather have a little more contrast in color then all black. My Cruze has the titanium gray interior which is gray and black. Seats on the Dart are a lot more supportive then the Cruze with much more padding and lumbar support. The tft lcd in the middle of the gauges and the 8.4 flatscreen display are really really cool. Even with the sun they were both visible. I will say adjusting the hvac controls on the lcd screen takes some getting used to- they have manual knobs below the screen but that is only for adjusting temp and fan speed. The lcd screen is used to adjust air flow (like floor, dash vents etc). Interior and exterior is very nice. Powertrain?? As soon as I started up the car I noticed the engine is a lot louder at idle then the Cruze's 1.4 turbo. On the road it is pretty quiet but at throttle it is much noisier then the Cruze. Power from the Dart's turbo must be at a higher rpm then the Cruze. Off the line the Cruze is faster initially and the power seems to drop. The Dart is slower initially but then the power kicks in. The Dart can handle passing on the highway better then the Cruze. I know people are praising the Dart's handling, but I did not notice much difference than the Cruze to be honest. The throaty dual exhaust note is kind of cool from the Dart too. This was my first time driving a dual clutch transmission and it really was uneventful- there was a strange downshift once when I sped up going around a corner, and the shifting was a little more noticeable between gears but for the most part it was uneventful. I think the 2012 Cruze 6sp auto is actually smoother but I am not sure it is fair to compare because they both are totally different types of transmissions. Overall the Dart is a little more sporty and the gadgets are really cool, but I still prefer the quietness and refinement of the Cruze. For me, who does a lot of long distance driving, the Cuze is a better car. However, I would not hesitate to get a Dart. Who knows, if I don't get these issues settled with my Cruze I may have a Dart soon.

The dart is a rebadged alfa romeo, heard it still has tge same quirks all dodges still have

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1st Gear
    tge??- At least I did not smell any coolant at all when I opened up the hood of the Dart. lol

Maybe this is me getting old, but this is what i thought-
    i) in 10 years, will my car still look good? Cruze- YES, Dart- NO (interior too black/ gimmicky (gauges look like they are out of a video game- will not age well & the exterior will not age well, either. It already looks a little dated)
    Haven't driven a dart & don't know how they will change over the years (or the cruze), so can't say how they feel.

I would hold off on the Dart, though- you may end up in the same situation as your cruze (1st gen Dart/ model year will likely have a lot of issues)

Quote Originally Posted by dby2011 View Post
    tge??- At least I did not smell any coolant at all when I opened up the hood of the Dart. lol
    So why are you on a cruze forum real good funny fonzie haha get outta witg your alfa romeo which everyone knows those cars cost more to own than the sticker price

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1st Gear
    Hey jakkaroo look at my threads and then tell me how thrilled you would be if you owned my Cruze:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-che...itutation.html

Antifreeze Smell Thread

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast