Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

What's new for 2015

Tags
15K views 86 replies 28 participants last post by  nobog 
#1 · (Edited)
Apologies if this has already been posted.

No manual transmission for diesel.

GM Online Order / Reference Guide said:
Chevrolet Car Cruze

Deletions

2LT manual transmission (1SG) equipment group
Fleet (1FL) equipment group
(GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color
(GWY) Atlantis Blue Metallic exterior color
Jet Black/Brick interior
Jet Black/Sport Red interior
(VTW) Auxiliary glovebox
(PZV) 18" split 5-spoke flangeless silver-painted alloy wheels

New Features

(G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color (extra cost)
(G1F) Autumn Bronze Metallic exterior color (extra cost)
Brownstone interior
(VV4) OnStar with 4G LTE
(REN) 18" split 5-spoke flangeless Silver-painted alloy wheels

Changes

Only 5 exterior colors available for LS
Rear armrest no longer included on LS
Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob no longer on 1LT and ECO
(B34) Carpeted front and rear floor mats no longer on ECO manual
(ATH) Keyless Access and (BTM) Keyless start no longer available on 2LT and Diesel
(UQA) Pioneer premium 9-speaker system no longer available on ECO
(D6I) Driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors visors are now standard on 2LT
(ADS) Driver 6-way power seat adjuster with manual recliner is now available free flow for Fleet on 1LT
LPO (SAO) Smoker's Package replaces RPO (DT4) Smoker's Package
(PDU) All Star Edition is now called Style and Technology Package
(T3Y) Front projection-type fog lamps replace (T3U) front fog lamps; T3Y is packaged in (PDZ) RS Package, no longer standard on LTZ

#7 ·
Dumping the fleet trim makes sense. Dumping the manual on the 2LT might make sense, but I haven't seen the sales figures. The rest of the decontenting is simply GM trying to cut costs but since we know all the cars are built on the same line I highly doubt there will be any real savings.

#43 ·
Problem with sales on the manual 2LT is that unless you special order from GM they pretty much dont exist. Finding one just sitting on a lot is virtually impossible. Since they don't ever just make them in batches to put on the lots sales are naturally going to be terrible.

#11 ·
Why the **** does the 1LT lose the leather wrapped steering wheel?! GM pisses me off so **** bad with their decontenting!

The Cruze (Chevy's best selling car) and it's loyal buyers and followers deserve better than this! I don't see how a car like the Cruze can sell so well and yet always get shitted on?!

My guess is that the 1LT is likely the most bought trim level, maybe only second to the LS trim or ECO, so why the **** should the 1LT continue to get the short end of the stick?! I guess the steering wheel for the 1LT and Eco will be made of whatever the LS's steering wheel is?!

#12 ·
Starks: Maybe they are trying to make the 2016s look so much better. Since the 2015 is the last MY for the first gen. Cruze, perhaps they aren't looking for it to be as big a seller falling under the shadow of a new generation car.

Reactions: PanJet
#14 ·
And you have to wonder what pricing will be for the 15s.

#20 ·
The best thing about the LTZ which are the rims and they decide to change them ?! SMH! Also, why get rid of the brick/black leather interior choice? I can see why they are getting rid of the red cloth interior option though because it didn't really seem like a big seller but I could be wrong on that.

Hopefully all this crazy decontenting is just for this refresh phase and 2016 will see the Cruze options get back to normal. I didn't see myself wanting a 2015 refreshed Cruze anyway due to that ugly front fascia redesign they did.

#22 ·
Manuals seem to be getting less features. I'm curious about the different fog lights and the appearance of the RS models.

#23 ·
My leather steering wheel on my 1LT RS is getting discolored and worn down really bad!! This could be why too, and I've only had my cruze for 2 years and 4 months. Just a quick question, I'd the steering wheel fall under warranty?? Jw thinking of getting it replaced. I love the sport red cloth!! Sucks that GM is getting rid of it.

#25 ·
Wow, major deletions. Granted, I'm sure the 2LT manual sold very few, but it was your only option if you wanted manual and leather. If I didn't have a CTD, the 2LT manual would have been my second choice. Atlantis Blue was also one of my favorite colors. So for cars without the Pioneer system, there is no more auxiliary glove box? Really? I loved that glove box!
It seems to me they're trying to make the 2LT and LTZ more desirable. I can't believe they're stripping the ECO like this though. Maybe it really doesn't sell like they'd hoped.
(ATH) Keyless Access and (BTM) Keyless start no longer available on 2LT and Diesel
Keyless access and start (not to be confused with remote start) was never available on the diesel.

#28 ·
Part of the reason the ECO isn't selling is that Americans don't want sticks and the CDT is selling like hot cakes. It also doesn't help that GM/Chevy doesn't advertise like VW.

#29 ·
Taking some nice features away from the 1LT and taking away MT from the 2LT. That should drive the LTZ sales up for the real "enthusiasts" or "tuners" or whatever you wanna say.

#31 ·
I'm starting to think that the early 2012s (prior to the removal of the digital temperature readout) were the sweet spot for the Cruze. The clutch/flywheel issues had been resolved and other than no Bluetooth Audio, which can be fixed in the base stereo, there have been very few recalls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.