Have any "stupid" questions? - Page 21

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Have any "stupid" questions?

Hi! I'm new to the cruze tuning scene. What stickers work well for the cruze? Also what is the best placement? I have heard these can get you 10 whp per sticker (best bang for the buck)

titan2782 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Autocross Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 20131pz69 View Post
    Hi! I'm new to the cruze tuning scene. What stickers work well for the cruze? Also what is the best placement? I have heard these can get you 10 whp per sticker (best bang for the buck)

You need some Nismo and Edelbrock stickers. Also, you must get the fake stick-on vents for the front quarter panels. 10 sec ET's with that combo!

Seriously, I think those guys believe this to be true...
    20131pz69 likes this.
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec
    2011 Cruze Eco
    : Traded for something better

hmm will NISMO work w/ Edelbrock? One is for JDM, the other for USDM
    shoot me NOW!!

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    hmm will NISMO work w/ Edelbrock? One is for JDM, the other for USDM
    shoot me NOW!!
    Honestly, the Type-R stickers and badges will get you the most HP.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Is the plural for Cruze supposed to be Cruzes or Cruzen, and why?
    Cruzen - because I said so.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

OK. I'm not familiar with turbo motors, especially the LUJ 1.4. Looking to get a tune, as i would like moar power. I think 200 hp to the crank would keep me happy (for a year?).

What are the weakest links to keep it reliable/ prep for the next stage (after a tune)? I've been reading the forums & it seems there are lots of opinions, but no consensus. (ex. intake, intake manifold, then methanol injection in order, others say it's the intake, then intercooler. Some say not to touch the intake manifold).
    I understand a BPV going past 20 psi and a clutch at the 200 hp mark. Looks like everyone's got it working, but I would like to keep my motor + tranny for at least 170,000 miles ...

Duke of Oil

OK. I'm not familiar with turbo motors, especially the LUJ 1.4. Looking to get a tune, as i would like moar power. I think 200 hp to the crank would keep me happy (for a year?).

What are the weakest links to keep it reliable/ prep for the next stage (after a tune)? I've been reading the forums & it seems there are lots of opinions, but no consensus. (ex. intake, intake manifold, then methanol injection in order, others say it's the intake, then intercooler. Some say not to touch the intake manifold).
    I understand a BPV going past 20 psi and a clutch at the 200 hp mark. Looks like everyone's got it working, but I would like to keep my motor + tranny for at least 170,000 miles ...
    An aftermarket BOV is not needed with this turbo. A tune will easily get you to 200hp to the crank with a few bolt-ons.

I do not consider meth injection to be a reliable way to make power and never have.

The clutch limit is not 200hp, but rather 200 lb-ft of torque. I don't know of too many people who have reached that.

Lastly, please remember that this is not a high-revving HP-making motor. It is built for daily drivability and torque, and the difficulty in making high peak horsepower with this motor has proven that design. Instead of looking at how much power you're making, start looking at where you're making that power.
    20131pz69 likes this.

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Autocross Champion

Get your 170k then buy a dart srt-4, frs, focus svt or [insert high perf car here].
    XtremeRevolution likes this.
    2014 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec
    2011 Cruze Eco
    : Traded for something better

anyone try nos ?

Duke of Oil

anyone try nos ?
    Massive waste of money.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.