Have any "stupid" questions?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Have any "stupid" questions?

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.

Have any "stupid" questions?

Let's face it, we weren't born with a wrench in our hands. While some of us have a good understanding of automotive mechanics, sound systems, and other car-related topics, we didn't always know as much as we do.

There was a time in my life when I didn't know what a header was, and I couldn't point out the intake manifold or throttle body in an engine bay, and I was too embarrassed to admit to it.

Well, I'd like to create this thread to give people the opportunity to ask what they'd consider to be "stupid" questions without being judged or laughed at, and give others the opportunity to answer them. Sure, you can google these topics for more information, but sometimes it's easier to have someone answer them for you and give a thorough explanation. No question is too stupid, mundane, or elementary.

The more knowledge people have, the more they can share it with others, so have at it. Does anyone here have any "dumb" questions they've been wondering about?

P.S. I have no idea how many people will actually post. This thread is a bit of an experiment...
    Last edited by XtremeRevolution; 08-16-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Here's a question. I've been reading the threads about the flooding / hydrolocking, and then the CAI being the culprit because of how low it sits in the engine bay. But when i looked at the original way the air is pulled in, before removing the resonator. Would they not also pull in water the same way the CAI did, seeing as to how low they are in the engine bay?
    2000 S10 Pickup - Sold
    2007 Cobalt SS - Sold
    2010 Jeep 4 door - Sold
    2011 Journey - Sold
    2012 Cruze - Sold
    2014 GMC Terrain

1st Gear
    Why is the sky blue? haha just kidding.

I've always wondered why the Cruze has that massive fuse box in the engine bay. Why are there 2 fuse boxes?
    Is it simpy one for interior and one for exterior?

Edit:
    Woops was this supposed to be non cruze questions? sorry lol
    Last edited by Jaycruze; 08-16-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Learning about my Cruze
    Why did Honda remove the 5 speed from the EX trim level

err wait cruze related... umm...

ok so my fiance' and i got into a discussion about switching back and forth between regular (87) and premium (91/93). She said it was "not good for the car". Any validity to her claim? I said it shouldnt be as the car was designed to run on 87 it can do it just fine switching back and forth...

Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by Skraeling View Post
    Why did Honda remove the 5 speed from the EX trim level

err wait cruze related... umm...

ok so my fiance' and i got into a discussion about switching back and forth between regular (87) and premium (91/93). She said it was "not good for the car". Any validity to her claim? I said it shouldnt be as the car was designed to run on 87 it can do it just fine switching back and forth...
    More like...why did Honda stop making good cars altogether?

I used to love Hondas. That love stopped after 2007/2008 when everything became hideous, fat, and bloated. What the H-e-double hockey sticks did they do to Acura?!?!

No problem switching between grades. The car "learns" air/fuel trims to an extent, but the knock sensors also compensate between switching grades of gas. If you use 87, it'll pull timing and power to keep from damaging the engine. You'll probably notice less MPG on 87 on hot summer days than 89 or 93.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Quote Originally Posted by wstadnick View Post
    Here's a question. I've been reading the threads about the flooding / hydrolocking, and then the CAI being the culprit because of how low it sits in the engine bay. But when i looked at the original way the air is pulled in, before removing the resonator. Would they not also pull in water the same way the CAI did, seeing as to how low they are in the engine bay?
    Oh hi i was hydrolocked.

Anyways, it may or not have had the same fate, but considering how restrictive it is, it depends how deep and how slow you go..
    -Danny

Learning about my Cruze
    moral of the story... dont drive through standing water.
    spacedout, obermd and Epickphale like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iKermit View Post
    Oh hi i was hydrolocked.

Anyways, it may or not have had the same fate, but considering how restrictive it is, it depends how deep and how slow you go..
    So then removing the resonator trick would then technically give you a little more leeway in deep water driving. Not planning on any but just curiosity.
    2000 S10 Pickup - Sold
    2007 Cobalt SS - Sold
    2010 Jeep 4 door - Sold
    2011 Journey - Sold
    2012 Cruze - Sold
    2014 GMC Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Skraeling View Post
    moral of the story... dont drive through standing water.
    Or install a snorkel before doing so, see a lot of jeeps with them, could be the first cruze.
    2000 S10 Pickup - Sold
    2007 Cobalt SS - Sold
    2010 Jeep 4 door - Sold
    2011 Journey - Sold
    2012 Cruze - Sold
    2014 GMC Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by wstadnick View Post
    So then removing the resonator trick would then technically give you a little more leeway in deep water driving. Not planning on any but just curiosity.
    No lol Just don't drive through deep water no matter what.. CAo, No CAI, even snorkel.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.
    -Danny

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast