Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

to keep my ls or get a lt (same pricing, features)

• LS

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • LT

Votes: 5 71.4%

got screwed with buying my cruze not really happy and seeking advice.

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  2014cruse+ls 
#1 · (Edited)
well i cant do nothing gma doesnt want to get another car
a. the insurance will go up
b. so will the interest

so much for posting. now i am back to being un happy.

dont get me wrong i love my cruze but when i find a lt turbo. that cost about the same as my ls cruze ya i am upset.

#3 · (Edited)
Just to be clear, did you buy the LS w/o looking into the LT options and engine? I assume Chevy make the 1.8 and 1.4 the same HP on paper for insurance reasons like Ford claims the 03-04 Terminator Mustang Cobra only made 70 more HP over the N/A 34 valve.

After a quick search, you broke the rules man. You never sit in the trim levels higher than yours after you buy the car. I so wanted a 2LT after I got one as a loaner but I already know I will never find a manual one. I refuse to settle for the auto, I might as well bump up to LTZ then.

#4 ·
I deleted the post... whats funny my grandmother told me to call the dealership and ask about it in another sentence she said no. Because my insurance/payment would be higher my cruze despite being brand new its used due to the demo.
I drove the 13 cruze lt before I bought mine. But i didn't like my trade in at carmax so off to the Chevrolet house.

Gma told the dealer what we could spend and he sowed us the 14 LS models. That were a demo model

#5 ·
Just be happy you have a almost new car, I'm over 30 and my cruze is my first new car(I knew what I wanted when I purchased though, and got a 1LT). Your payment is $50 cheaper than mine which gives you a free tank of gas every month.

Not sure about the insurance going up, both cars are valued about the same so should cost the same.

#6 · (Edited)
I had my 1st new car at 18, then traded it off for another newer car at almost 20. After realizing how much I lost going from new to used in such a fast turn around I stated getting the 2 year used cars. then my last 2 years used car(legacy) fell out of warranty before I could pawn it off and her she sits next to another new car. I have a feeling you are trying to be me when I let go of a brand new car after 9000 miles instead of seeing into the future I could have paid it off in 3 years making my credit better and sold it for more.

truthfully I had no clue what I wanted after I got to the dealership and all the 13 Impalas were sold to make room for all the $40k 14 Impala LTZs. I knew I wasn't doing to have a spark and I could not stand the inside or the outside of the sonic sedan or hatch. I kew I wasn't affording a LTZ but had no clue of ordering a manual 2LT. I tested a LS and a random black car with shiny wheels, trunk lip spoiler, and a "enterprise e" on the trunk.

#7 ·
Thank yall. For helping me get on the right path. I am happy with my cruze She may not have pwr like the gmas cadi dts or my diesel truck. But its plenty for now. I got this car based on mpg. I cant complain diesel is 3.75 here and I was doing good to get 22mpg in my truck and gma gets 15mpg 95% in town driving. And I get 26 in town.
just upset when I see a 1lt for the same price as my ls.

#8 ·
You can always grab some 2lt wheels from someone here over time and keep the steelies for the winter. Besides power, CC and leather wheel, both cars look the same on the outside(besides wheels, chrome window trim and painted mirrors) and nobody would know the difference. Not telling you to go on ebay and buy LT or LTZ badges unless that really really would make you happy about your choice.

I ditched my Dodge Neon SXT in hopes for a SRT-4. Glad that didn't work out and I ended up in a larger family sedan, Mazda 6i.

#9 ·
texas dont really has a need for winter tires where i live. i do like the look of the rims on the rs models. i might do that or aftermarket. i will add factory painted mirrors at some point in time.

i am going to add a ls badge where the lt would go. prob get the badge off a Lincoln ls model.

but all i want the lt model is for the turbocharged engine pwr seats are nice but i havent owned a car or truck that had them. but who knows what might be out there when i pay this thing off.
i will be in another truck (i am a truck guy) or i could keep the eco car and a truck for play. but thats not even a thought at this time, unless i get the coin to get a used truck.

out of the cars and trucks i looked at, my ls cruze is nice compared to most even a base model sonic doesnt look this good inside. and the base model trucks i looked at, didnt look good either (same price as my cruze)

i am truly happy with my choice just gonna tweak it some and call it done. this 1.8L does fine. and not having the turbo means one less thing to go wrong.

out of the 3 vehicles i owned.
89 ram 1/2 ton 4x4 3 speed auto 318ci. was a pos looked good but wasnt ment to be driven always had issues.
96 ram 3/4 ton cummins. auto 2wd was nice but cost to much when something broke (i was the third owner bought it from a guy we knew)
14 cruze ls. so far its a good car. and its new

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.