The quality of Cruze's backup camera? - Page 6
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The quality of Cruze's backup camera?

Driver's Ed
    I have just got the UK LTZ so no backup camera. Hey techies can i buy a camera and get fitted or do i also need a new radio. Does the radio I have contain video in capability? It has navigation. Anyone know tyhe part number or and price of the 'new' radio please pm me. Oh so annoying as just bought this cruze ltz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2013Cruze View Post
    The rear vision camera for the Cruze does have guidance lines I finally figure it out how to set them.
    Pics or it isn't true, lol! I see you have pics in your garage now, so I'll be expecting some guidance line pics too, lol!
    CruzeDFB likes this.

No options for guide lines on my 2013. 2LT with conv pack and navi. Did not get the enhanced safety package. There are 0 options for the backup camera other than on/off.

Driver's Ed
    I recently bought a 2013 Cruze ECO with the Eco Convenience Package. In my opinion the camera is great. Nice sharp picture quality. My other vehicle is a 2010 Equinox LTZ and the camera is horrible. However my Equinox does have the parking assist. I did not get the safety package with my Eco so it does not have park assist.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Madcat View Post
    No options for guide lines on my 2013. 2LT with conv pack and navi. Did not get the enhanced safety package. There are 0 options for the backup camera other than on/off.
    Supposedly, one has to also have the enhanced safety package to have the guidance line camera option. Don't know if this is true or not, but even if it is, it might be exclusively for the Cruze LTZ's with the camera, mylink, and enhanced safety package.

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Starks8 View Post
    Supposedly, one has to also have the enhanced safety package to have the guidance line camera option. Don't know if this is true or not, but even if it is, it might be exclusively for the Cruze LTZ's with the camera, mylink, and enhanced safety package.
    This is true. You need the have the safety package to have the parking assistance lines in the backup camera. It's a convenient feature but not really necessary in my opinion.

If you purchase a chevy cruze with the back up camera does anyone know if it would be possible to replace the OEM back up camera with an aftermarket one that actually has the guidance lines?! If possible, what all would have to be done? Would there need to be a large amount of rewiring as well as having to find the same size rear camera to fit the same way the OEM one did?

Learning about my Cruze
    I can't answer your question, but I am also not sure why guide lines would be necessary on a compact car? A big ol' SUV, sure, but this car is like 14'
    jblackburn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by npaggett View Post
    I can't answer your question, but I am also not sure why guide lines would be necessary on a compact car? A big ol' SUV, sure, but this car is like 14'
    lol, 14' or not, tight spaces at those parking garages when you're at the beach or at those huge shopping centers, makes for a interesting day of parking. Any help, even guidance lines on the backup camera of a 14' car, to help lower the risk of clipping someones front bumper or backing up too far and messing up my own rear bumper, is help im willing to take, lol. And, yes I can park without the lines but they just make everything so much **** easier, haha!

1st Gear
    So... does the Cruze have the guidance lines or not?!? And do you have to have the ESP? Is it an LTZ only thing? Come on 2013Cruze answer us! Can you control the color/ brightness?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast