The quality of Cruze's backup camera?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The quality of Cruze's backup camera?

The quality of Cruze's backup camera?

To those who currently have a 2013 Cruze with the new OEM backup camera or have at least tested it out, I wanted to know what you think of it and its quality?! How is the camera quality overall? Is color true? Is pixel good?... because from the pics I have seen (Google), the quality looks sub par from what the other newer chevy automobiles have.

Already from what I saw, the Cruze's backup camera doesnt have the guidance lines (unless you can cut them on in a features menu?) which I think is ridiculous especially because from what I have seen the newer 2012 and 2013 Chevy/Buick (malibu/verano) releases that have the backup camera have the guidance lines and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why the Cruze's would be different?

I don't want to jump to negative conclusions about the Cruze's backup camera but I really hope chevy just didn't throw some poor quality backup camera that's no better then some cheap aftermarket camera on the Cruze to simply try to appease and get more money out of potential buyers like myself that desired more tech/safety features.

Any thoughts, reviews?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Picture quality is good but the color quality Isn't that good very bland colors.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013Cruze View Post
    Picture quality is good but the color quality Isn't that good very bland colors.
    Thanks 2013! Unfortunately, I figured as much from the few google pictures ive seen but I figured I ask anyway. Too bad this backup camera isnt anything to really write home about. Do you have any idea if there is a option in the features menu to cut on/off guidance lines at all? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Starks8 View Post
    Thanks 2013! Unfortunately, I figured as much from the few google pictures ive seen but I figured I ask anyway. Too bad this backup camera isnt anything to really write home about. Do you have any idea if there is a option in the features menu to cut on/off guidance lines at all? Thanks!
    From what time I played around with setting I'd have to say no. Also if you were wondering about the enhanced safety package it's lights on the mirrors that light up when it senses cars in your blinds spots no beeps at all.

From what time I played around with setting I'd have to say no. Also if you were wondering about the enhanced safety package it's lights on the mirrors that light up when it senses cars in your blinds spots no beeps at all.
    Oh okay, bummer! Also I guess just having a light flash up is okay but a optional beep to accompany the light would be nice too. No option for a beep in the menu setting?

Oh okay, bummer! Also I guess just having a light flash up is okay but a optional beep to accompany the light would be nice too. No option for a beep in the menu setting?
    No there's not you just have to pay attention to your mirrors when they sense a car in your blind spot it lights up in orange and stays lit up till the car is out of range. But the negative thing about is you have to pay more attention to your mirrors than your use to doing at least I think anyway.

No there's not you just have to pay attention to your mirrors when they sense a car in your blind spot it lights up in orange and stays lit up till the car is out of range. But the negative thing about is you have to pay more attention to your mirrors than your use to doing at least I think anyway.
    Oh okay, got cha! So any answers yet on how to post your pictures/videos?
    Last edited by Starks8; 09-17-2012 at 12:11 AM.

The Verano has the enhanced safety package for 2013 to but don't know if it's the same or a little more advanced.

Oh okay, got cha! So any answers yet on how to post pictures your pictures/videos?
    Someone said I could try to put in a photobucket account and than try to link here that way but haven't try that yet.

Well I know from google images that the Verano's backup camera at least has the guidance lines and seemingly better picture/color quality as well!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast