Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Tell me what you think!!

4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  AutumnCruzeRS 
#1 ·
Ok so I've been checking out all the cool mods for the Cruze and it seems like you are spending at least $300 at LEAST for each thing. (Trifecta Tune, K&NSRI, BPV/BOV, Exhaust Etc) However I took the Thread by XtremeRevolution about removing the intake resonator and took it a step further. Once I did the removal I also removed the snorkel and airbox, via the front tire (about 15 clips and 4 torx screws). Once that was complete I had ordered the drop in flat air filter from K&N and changed my intake tubing to 3" aluminum. Also I sealed the airbox under the hood with an aluminum ventilation tape (worked great!) Tell me what you think! Only cost about $75 and 2 hours total time.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's a pic of the complete snorkel and aux airbox in the front bumper. Now the airbox in the engine bay sucks air out the hole in the wheel well but nothing blocking the air from coming inside from the front bumper since the aux airbox is removed. The second pic is the drop in K&N (#332966) air filter. I think it is a great do it yourself mod and have great results. Great pickup in throttle response car sounds nice! And the stock blow off can be heard in the first and second gear nicely!

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
Careful of the K&N and re oiling procedures... Also modifying the piece that is removed for the bypass may not get much gain as modifying the resonator holding it up. it breathes through a hole behind the bumper here. If you pull the snorkel off from in front of the condenser you are left with this.

#15 ·
After selling my Injen intake, I did basically the same thing. I removed the intake resonator and duct from behind the bumper, then put the bumper back on, and put the resonator duct back in, so it is effectively a factory cold air intake now. Good work.

#19 ·
I hate to be a spoil sport... but, is it REALLY worth the effort? I mean, I took the duct off that connects the air box to the resonator box... because that can be done in less then 5 minutes, requires minimal mechanical skill and very little can go wrong.

But seriously there can't be hardly any any real gains to be made by pulling the resonator out of there is there? I mean, surely there's enough fresh air coming in from somewhere around the resonator, through it, etc.. that taking the thing out can't really help much can it?

Has anyone at all put something like this to a real test, like with dyno numbers to back it all up ?

#21 ·
Iggy, not sure on how much fresh air is coming from wheel well. It looks to me that the wheel well is only getting fresh air from the factory intake infront off condensor. Other than that there is no holes thats why it stays dry in there.
Well Im gonna remove the resonator box to gain a opening for fresh air from a different source than the factory intake. Ill let you know how it works out.

#23 ·
Removed res box today and its as easy as the res tubing removal. Took like 2 minutes. Just pull back wheel well plastic and it pushes off its rubber grommets and slides down and out. I do have my bumper cover removed which really made it even easier to remove. Still should take less than 15mins with to pull with bumper on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.