Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Looks like ANOTHER trip back to the dealer

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  biancacruze 
#1 · (Edited)
:angry: Got this letter in the mail today. Been back for the recall on the front half shaft. Been back to inspect the driver front airbag. Now it looks like there might be low coolant becuase some air was trapped at the factory. Guess I could check it myself but since there's only 5800 miles on the CRUZE, might as well let them check everything out.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
You can check your coolant level first to see if you need more coolant. On level ground and with a cold engine the coolant should be between the top two ribs on the surge tank. The top rib is the actual full line. If it's up there don't worry about it until it drops.

#7 ·
CREWZIN, it always sucks to have to tend to a car but at least this is not a safety concern that requires immediate attention. I would check your coolant level the next time you're at a gas station (level surface) and if it's looking low, give the dealer a call and arrange to drop by when it's convenient for you.

The Cruze has shown some random issues with coolant level affecting some cars, and since this has been adressed by GM it would be a good idea to check your coolant level from time to time. If there is an issue that needs correcting you'll be on top of it while the car is covered under warranty.

#8 ·
We can certainly understand your frustrations with this situation, CREWZIN. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns. We are only a private message away if our help is needed!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

#9 ·
I got one of those within the first week of owning my used 2013... I really have to laugh when I think about that recall... I wonder, do those bubbles in the cooling system really stay in there for 23,000 miles?

I heard that GM basically now just has free reign to put more coolant in your car without you asking them where the original coolant went. Now they can just say... " oh, there must have been air in it from the factory"

#10 ·
GM has been aware of this for some time now. I just don't think they've figured it out yet. Yes, air pockets in the cooling system after initial fill are very possible and will eventually work their way out, resulting in the appearance of a leak when none really exists. In addition, PI-0740, published in 2013, is designed to address coolant vapor odors coming out of the surge tank's pressure cap. Unfortunately PI-0740 doesn't address "why" of this venting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.