Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2013 Cruze pickup day?!

25K views 150 replies 20 participants last post by  2013Cruze 
#1 ·
Hey

I'm gonna pickup my brand new 2013 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS, fully loaded with all options available. RS package,Sunroof, Navigation with myLink, enhanced security package and the upgraded premium sound system package.

This is my first brand new car, so any recommendation to inspect or to do before I accept the car from the dealer?

Thanks

#3 ·
I also check all fluid levels and tire pressures. If the service tech is really backlogged, something may slip through. Make sure you get both keys and the owner's manual. It's easier to get this stuff up front than later. Check your wheels for damage as well.

Basically, you want to treat your initial inspection as if you were going to rent the car and you don't want to have any "damage" charges applied when you return it.

#6 ·
thaicruze has been having brake clicks and other noises that don't appear to be an issue on the North American Cruze. I can understand his point given the repeated failures by his local dealerships and after market brake shops inability to find and fix the noises.

#35 ·
You forgot the fuel tank trumpet sound. That is really officially a Thai Cruze issue. They said it happened to 50% of the Cruze's here. The 1.8L petrol. They said the diesels were immune to this. Problems fixed though.

brakes are behaving this morning. Quiet. Which matches the rest of the ride. Nice and quiet.

#10 ·
Congrats be sure to post pics

#11 ·
Like everyone said give your car a good once over. Make sure you get everything that was agreed upon keys, manuals, etc. Other than that just enjoy your brand new car, and we'll all be here if you need us!

Sent from my DROID3

#13 ·
I believe you will enjoy the mylink with nav. The upgraded speaker package is great. Let us know how you like the rear camera. I really like mine but it would be better with some scale lines integrated, still a really sweet option...

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#14 ·
Thank you all for your great feedback. I am happy to be part of this amazing community.

The color is white summit and black interior.

Gonna have it by tomorrow. I need them to put clear bra before I take it.

I will post some pics when I get it.

Thanks again :)

#17 ·
Look carefully at the paint in all light conditions. I picked mine up on a rainy day...2 days later, in the sun, it was apparent that the door had been repainted. The dealer (and GM) basically told me tough luck.
So yeah, look it over with a fine tooth comb if you're at all particular.

#19 ·
Hmmmm...

I went today to sign up and pickup the car...

Guess what?!! I noticed a small dent under the rear right panel between the tire and the door...

I haven't signed or picked up the car...the dealer said that this is simple and they can fix it for free as Paintless dent repair on their shop...

What should I do?

Is this normal for a brand new car buyer?

I feel bad ;-(

#26 ·
I bought a 2005 Focus new that had a small area that had been repaired prior to me buying it.I have done body/paint work in my spare time so I noticed the repair prior to buying the car but I figured for the price they gave me on it I wouldnt really care.I was wrong,it drove me crazy every time I looked at it.My point is,if you think it might bother you then it probably will.If you are not completely happy with the car then you might want to find another one.

#37 ·
well from what ive read on the internet, good luck getting that deposit back! Either way, it'll likely be a fight to get it back, if you get it back at all. Mainly because this dealership will have to eat the cost of a car from another dealership now sitting on their lot and if they order you a new one from factory there's no guarantee that you'll like that one either. so even if they did order you a new cruze and you then again decide it doesnt meet your satisfaction, they will be screwed twice.

#39 · (Edited)
It's not Hushero fault that they deal traded for a car with a dent in it the dealership that traded for the Cruze should have looked it over before they accepted it. So Hushero shouldn't have to take delivery on a brand new car with a dent in it. Better the dealership take the loss then him it's there mistake for accepting the car from the other dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.