Hit and Run... - Page 9
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Hit and Run...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2013Cruze View Post
    How did the repaint job turn out?
    Perfect. The paint matches perfectly. I'll have a closer look later to see if there are any defects, but I've had these guys repair one of my older cars and they did an excellent job. All of the panels line up perfectly.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    I did not get the old splash guards back. These certainly look like the OEM ones. They have more solid mounting points, but are definitely smaller. We'll see how effective they are over the next few days.

I did, however, get the old wheel back, and I'm glad I did. I'll use this as a spare. It is worth noting that these wheels are very expensive. The one that I got as a replacement cost $186, and it was a remanufactured wheel! I don't want to know how much these wheels are brand new.

By far the most expensive part of this repair was the rear axle/beam. It was somewhere north of $800, and that too was not a new part; most likely pulled off of a junkyard car.

I'll get a price list of what was repaired if anyone is interested.
    Do you see an Alcoa pin stamp somewhere on the old wheel?
    Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ RS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo badges, Husky Liners, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon to be 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.
    Pure Michigan Cruzers

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
    Do you see an Alcoa pin stamp somewhere on the old wheel?
    The one that got hit?

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    The one that got hit?

Yes, because I assume it has no tire on it now? I'm not particularly concerned about that one wheel, but I just figured it'd be easier to see since the tire is probably off.
    Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ RS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo badges, Husky Liners, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon to be 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.
    Pure Michigan Cruzers

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Bit of interesting tidbits about the suspension setup on a Cruze...

Alignment Update: Chevy Cruze: Import Car
    Quick side note. Spraying with silicone spray is worthless. I know it is easier so that is why they do it, but dielectric silicone is the best choice for the squeak. It won't wear off in 2 weeks.....LOL.
    Starks8 likes this.

Learning about my Cruze widgetoc's Avatar
    I might have asked this all ready but local curiosity prevails: where'd you take her for the work?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunline Fan View Post
    Yes, because I assume it has no tire on it now? I'm not particularly concerned about that one wheel, but I just figured it'd be easier to see since the tire is probably off.
    Ah, yes. I'll check tonight. The tire is indeed off.

Quote Originally Posted by widgetoc View Post
    I might have asked this all ready but local curiosity prevails: where'd you take her for the work?
    Central Collision in Mokena, right off La Grange, south of I-80.

Sunline Fan likes this.

Administrator
    Car might be going back to the shop. Found several defects in the work they did that I think is unacceptable. Imageshack is refusing to cooperate right now, so I'll get pictures up once the website starts working again.

As an overview, the pass tail light does not line up with the rear back-up light. In the top right corner of the tail light, the tail light has no clearance to the rocker and is actually rubbing the paint off the rocker.

Furthermore, they left a 1/2" gash in the paint right next to the fuel door and just touched it up with touch-up paint, which is very clearly visible.

On the passenger side of the bumper they replaced, they did not paint the bumper correctly, and there is a long 3-inch strip of spiked paint that has a rough texture to it right along the body lines.

Those are the biggest issues for now. I sent the shop an email, which the manager also got, and am waiting for a reply from them.

Administrator
    Alright, here we go. This is the driver's side tail light. This did not get hit and seems to fit exactly as it should.

By comparison, this is the passenger side tail light. Notice the upper right edge.

A closer look shows where the problem lies...

Yep, the tail light is rubbing the paint off of the edge of the fender. Here's the bumper I was talking about:

And the edge of the driver side rocker:

Notice the alignment of the tail lights against the top of the trunklid and top of the rear rocker. Also notice the alignment of the rocker relative to the trunklid.

Now, notice the same alignment on the passenger side:

I couldn't take good pictures of this, but the vertical alignment between the trunklid and the tail lights/rocker isn't even either. It's pushed in a bit on the passenger side, and pulled out a bit on the driver's side. Not necessarily something everyone would notice, but I have a bit of an eye for this.

Lastly, the two gashes next to the fuel door:

I sent all of these pictures and their explanations in an email to the body shop, and they are having me bring it back in tomorrow morning and will put me in a rental car.
    Last edited by XtremeRevolution; 11-14-2012 at 01:04 PM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast