Hit and Run...
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Hit and Run...

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.

Hit and Run...

I guess today wasn't my day...

Driving home from work, it had rained earlier that day so the road was slightly damp. We were going no more than 20, and the guy in front of me braked a bit harder, so I slowed down and had to step on my brakes harder than usual. I had a huge gap behind me. I guess the person behind me didn't notice that traffic had completely stopped, and plowed right into me. It was some late 90s black Kia. I was pushed into the car in front of me, which was an SUV.

Now, here's the fun part. The SUV slowly pulls off to the side of the road. The car behind me reverses, and takes off on the offramp that we had stopped right next to. I followed thinking that person just wanted to pull off somewhere not on the highway. Well, I end up following the person for about a block and they're basically flooring it. Ended up making a right into an area that I didn't see way up ahead after swerving through traffic, so I pulled off to the side of the road and called 911. Straight up hit and run, person probably didn't have insurance.

Called the police, told them where the accident happened, and they drive past that are and don't find the SUV I hit. It was an import SUV, older, like a Nissan Pathfinder or Isuzu Rodeo. Comes back and writes a report including what happened. I was obviously not at fault since I had damage both in the front and behind.

One note: those headrests really do their job when you get slammed from behind. My neck doesn't hurt at all like it did when I got rear ended in the Bonneville GXP.

Called and filed a claim on my way home. Basic uninsured collision with a hit and run. I have comprehensive insurance, but I'll still be out $500 for the deductible.

Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

duuuuuude, im so sorry man...

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Good thing you're ok.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

About a month and a half ago, on 64E here in VA, I was a victim of a hit and run myself. A guy in a black jeep commander forced me off the road in my Cobalt SS Sedan (pics of it are on my profile page) and I flipped 3 times, thus resulting in my brand new 2012 Cruze and tons of medical coverage, uninsured motorist claim. Nationwide was nothing but awesome to me and check up on me weekly to make sure everything medically is going well.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.

Duke of Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsal View Post
    About a month and a half ago, on 64E here in VA, I was a victim of a hit and run myself. A guy in a black jeep commander forced me off the road in my Cobalt SS Sedan (pics of it are on my profile page) and I flipped 3 times, thus resulting in my brand new 2012 Cruze and tons of medical coverage, uninsured motorist claim. Nationwide was nothing but awesome to me and check up on me weekly to make sure everything medically is going well.
    I'm surprisingly not as mad as I should be. I've been calm since I got home, didn't make a big deal out of it. The steering is a bit tweaked so the steering wheel sits to the left a bit. No idea what happened there, but I'm betting on it being the rear wheel scrape that threw it out of alignment. Who knows.

I'll just end up paying up $500 and getting insurance to fix it all. Sucks because it takes a while to save $500, but there's nothing I can do about it. I have Progressive. Let's hope they do their job and that the new bumpers match the factory paint perfectly.

Better that it happened now than in 90k miles when the paint has a chance to fade. Color matching at that point becomes rather challenging.

Surprisingly, my 15" sub stayed in place. I attached it to the top support beam with velcro since it's 18" high. Audio system still works, so that's good.

I wonder if the grill shutters still work...
    Last edited by XtremeRevolution; 10-22-2012 at 09:27 PM.

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

I will always stand by something I always told my guys for years, humans are more important than hardware man. 500 dollars sucks, i would be royally ticked at the audacity of the fool that ran away like a coward. But hey, at least youre going to see tomorrow my friend!

Duke of Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsal View Post
    I will always stand by something I always told my guys for years, humans are more important than hardware man. 500 dollars sucks, i would be royally ticked at the audacity of the fool that ran away like a coward. But hey, at least youre going to see tomorrow my friend!
    Yeah no kidding. Could have been a semi truck and not a POS Kia. That fool will get what he deserves eventually, I have no doubt about that. I'm sure he didn't have insurance and very likely not even a license. No sense in getting mad about it because it's not going to change the outcome.

However, if there's so much as one imperfection when I pick the car up from the body shop, well, then you'll see **** break loose.
    Patman, tecollins1 and Kingsal like this.

Off-Road Champion

Sorry to hear about your car. Glad your are fine. This past Spring I was smacked in the rear by an uninsured out of state driver and shoved into the car in front of me. Was driving wifes 2000 Olds. Car was totalled, no one hurt and she now has a new Honda CR-V and I have car payments. Like everyone has said good you are OK, cars can be repaired or replaced.

Resident Tater Salad

Ohhh man, I'm sorry to see your Cruze like that. Hope your back is OK.

Our old Camry was rear-ended a couple months ago and was ALMOST a hit and run. Luckily, someone in a pickup helped us box the guy in and bring him to a stop.

Progressive has been great to me...I'm sure they'll take care of you.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Administrator

I'm glad you're ok. The car can be repaired/replaced - you can't.

Mike.
    Epickphale likes this.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast