Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation - Page 10
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoon View Post
    Honestly OP the coolant hose thing seems like a 10 minute fix with a careful application of some quality Epoxy...of course you should never have to resort to doing something like that yourself, but you know what they say about the best way to get a job done right...

WISH I could fix my crappy shifting transmission myself!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

World Rally Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by fastdriver View Post
    WISH I could fix my crappy shifting transmission myself!
    Were trying to find a solution for this problem

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by H3LLON3ARTH View Post
    Were trying to find a solution for this problem

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    From what I can gather, the ONLY solution is to get rid of the 2011 Cruze and get into a newer model! I have dealt with this problem one way or another since February 2012! Last week all the BS from GM "customer service" over the last 6 months came to an "end" when a GM engineer declared my car was "operating as designed". What a joke! I had to laugh at the person who said you have to deal with GM with "tact"! That didn't work either with over 40+ phone calls from them and one stall tactic after another. There is only so much BS you can put up with when you KNOW GM knows about the transmission problem, but WON'T admit it! Two year old Cruze LTZ RS with 13,200 miles and one more year on the lease and back it goes to its MAKER! I can't really blame the dealer because they can only do what GM tells them to do even when they know it won't work! I put up with all the crap because I did not want GM to say that I was uncooperative. I knew as well as the dealer that this GM engineer last week was going to solve NOTHING! WHY they had to keep the car for 5 days is beyond me. Oh yeah, this engineer came to this conclusion after only driving the car for 13 miles! I am still taking other routes to resolve this problem.

Sydney, Australia, Suburb called Lalor Park.
    Must be something wrong with my Holden Cruze, no wind noise, no smell, auto works fine, happy with fuel usage with my diesel, good brakes no noise, really quiet at highway speed. Only done 6,000k so far but looking good!
    obermd likes this.

Handbrake Released
    From all the stories i read here i hope wont have to experience any problematic Cruze I have 6,000 miles no troubles.

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    Must be something wrong with my Holden Cruze, no wind noise, no smell, auto works fine, happy with fuel usage with my diesel, good brakes no noise, really quiet at highway speed. Only done 6,000k so far but looking good!
    Where is the coolant overflow bottle on your car? I wonder since your steering is the opposite of us the air intake is away from the coolant bottle.

Dropped off my Cruze yesterday, got my check and bought a Dodge Dart Limited. What a great car. Not quite as peppy as the Cruze 1.4 turbo intially off the line, but everything else exceeds it.

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chaser x View Post
    From all the stories i read here i hope wont have to experience any problematic Cruze I have 6,000 miles no troubles.
    Most Cruzes will be trouble-free. Some will have issues. It's the nature of modern manufacturing, and car manufacturing in particular. Put a few thousand parts in close proximity to each other and turn it loose onto the roads. The marginal parts will fail faster. The warranty exists to cover those initial failures.

As we've found out, though, the warranty is only as good as the dealer who has to honor it. A good dealer is worth supporting. It's finding those good dealers that's looking for a needle in a haystack.
    spacedout, obermd and grs1961 like this.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Administrator

From the pictures Aussie posted previously, the engine coolant tank is in the same place. What is different however is that the cabin and all the associated equipment, including air intakes, is swapped for right hand drive. This means right hand drive cruzen pull air into the cabin from the opposite side of the car from the coolant tank.
    spacedout likes this.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    Most Cruzes will be trouble-free. Some will have issues. It's the nature of modern manufacturing, and car manufacturing in particular. Put a few thousand parts in close proximity to each other and turn it loose onto the roads. The marginal parts will fail faster. The warranty exists to cover those initial failures.

As we've found out, though, the warranty is only as good as the dealer who has to honor it. A good dealer is worth supporting. It's finding those good dealers that's looking for a needle in a haystack.

What you say is all true. HOWEVER, a warranty and a dealer can only go so far when the problem LIES with GM and GM will NOT admit that there is a problem! Having a long warranty is great IF GM would honor it! My 2011 Cruze shifts like crap like MANY other 2011 owners, but a GM engineer says "operating as designed"! So, now what?
    steve333 likes this.

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fastdriver View Post
    What you say is all true. HOWEVER, a warranty and a dealer can only go so far when the problem LIES with GM and GM will NOT admit that there is a problem! Having a long warranty is great IF GM would honor it! My 2011 Cruze shifts like crap like MANY other 2011 owners, but a GM engineer says "operating as designed"! So, now what?
    Yep, there will be design flaws with every carmaker. Honda Civic Hybrid batteries dying, Toyota's "sludge monster" V6's and rotting Tacoma frames, Ford's 1.6l Ecoboost motors randomly catching fire, VW's HPFP issues on their TDI cars, and many more "flaws" that do exist. Those are/were often blamed on the owner, even when the owner had all the documentation showing it was not their fault.

To throw GM a small bone, they did change the 2012-current Cruze AT's so they're better-shifting. It does stink that they used the 2011's as a guinea pig, and now won't fix them when it appears that it is a fixable issue. The aftermarket tuners have shown that a 2011 transmission can be "fixed".
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast