Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation - Page 7
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaicruze View Post
    Well. My Calipers say "Made in Sweden" right on them. I'm not in Sweden, so I don't know which local vendors are providing my calipers.

And someone here was reporting clicking brakes also on their Cruze. Also, most of you have drum brakes.

Many cars are built here and sent to the USA BTW.
    I understand that. As I said, I'm just making a point. Your Cruze is very different from our Cruze. Most of our Cruzes do come with drum brakes, but the 2LT and LTZ models come with disc brakes, and I haven't heard of a single report of those making any noises. Really, I wish there was something I could to to help, but there simply isn't. I just need you to understand that your car is significantly different from the Cruzes that are manufactured and sold here in the US.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    My calipers say Sweden because it's a Saab caliper. It's all GM parts period. The ECOTech engine was also used for the Saab. They're all GM parts. They don't build the Cruze here with Somchai Thai parts. They're ALL GM parts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    I haven't heard of a single report of those making any noises.
    There are several people writing about brake issues and clicking noises on this thread

Clicking sound when braking at low speed

On this very site. NOT started by me. and what the title of the thread says it's exactly what I'm experiencing, in addition to the rattles.

Administrator

Well. My Calipers say "Made in Sweden" right on them. I'm not in Sweden, so I don't know which local vendors are providing my calipers.

And someone here was reporting clicking brakes also on their Cruze. Also, most of you have drum brakes.
    Many cars are built here and sent to the USA BTW.[/QUOTE]

The calipers may be made in Sweden - where are the drums/discs made? If they're not matched properly you will have problems. I had an aftermarket brake job on my Montana done by a local Midas shop and it literally took 50,000 miles for my brakes to stop rattling and squeaking. The problem was the "new" brake hardware didn't match the discs, even though they met GM's specs and they worked just as well when it came to stopping. It was very annoying and my Pontiac dealership did everything they could to adjust them. Disc brakes tend to be louder than drum brakes, but the trade off is better stopping power in most situations. The reason for this is that drum brakes use the rotation of the wheel to keep the pads and drum from touching except when engaged. Disc brakes don't have this advantage and require the use of springs and other tensioning devices to keep the pads away from the disc. These springs and tensioners can, and in some cases do, rattle. If I remember correctly, your initial complaint was that your rear brakes rattled, not that they didn't stop the car properly. Basically you have spent the last two months chasing a design tradeoff - stopping power for a small amount of noise that very few people will hear.

Now for the question of the day - has your hand brake ever engaged between half and two thirds of the way up the pull range? If so, whoever did the brake work that first caused the hand brake to pull too high screwed up. If not, you went after the wrong issue first. A hand brake that has to pull that far up is a sign that the rear brakes aren't engaging properly, which means your front brakes are doing too much work and will wear out too fast.

Many cars are built here and sent to the USA BTW.
    I never said they weren't; just that many cars are made in multiple locations around the world to reduce the shipping costs. The Cruze is among these cars.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Banned
    ^

I've felt the brakes when the brake pedal is engaged and the rear brakes are rock solid.

The noise is every time I go over any bumps. Anyone can hear it and it goes beyond normal noise. The CLACK at the end of a stop is also not normal. But every time they check and re-check everything is found perfectly normal.

What am I supposed to do? Show them again that everything down there rattles? I did that already. to 2 different service centers. Nothing has been done about it. It's normal. Everything is fine. I even asked this dealer to check the rotors were OK. Everything is fine. That's all I keep hearing. everything is fine. everything is fine.

Whatever the issue is, 5 times, 3 months and 2 different dealers is enough. I'm over the issue.

The point is, like the guy here, if the car is barely 1 year old and it's already giving me issues, then I would rather get rid of it. I can't imagine still fighting noises, rattles and other issues down the road, or worse problems.

The insurance covers fire. I can only hope the car catches fire. I'll roast marshmallows waiting for the insurance guy.
    Last edited by thaicruze; 11-19-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Administrator

I wonder if the problems you're having with your Cruze are part of the reason Chevy is closing their Korean Cruze production line at the end of the 2014 model year.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin

Banned
    ^
    Theyre relocating their money. They'll spend almost 1 billion a year in Korea to develop small cars and shift the Cruze to china. Has nothing to do with quality issues.

We all have Cruze quality issues. I never heard of a Korean Built Daewoo Lacetti (which is what the Cruze is) catching fire. The Cruze was designed in Korea. We are basically all driving a Daewoo.

Next time you hear that ever present whistling wind sound driving down the freeway that plagues us all then think about the fact you're driving a Daewoo.

or if you want to get technical the son of a Daewoo.
    Last edited by thaicruze; 11-20-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Administrator

^
    Theyre relocating their money. They'll spend almost 1 billion a year in Korea to develop small cars and shift the Cruze to china. Has nothing to do with quality issues.

We all have Cruze quality issues. I never heard of a Korean Built Daewoo Lacetti (which is what the Cruze is) catching fire. The Cruze was designed in Korea. We are basically all driving a Daewoo.

Next time you hear that ever present whistling wind sound driving down the freeway that plagues us all then think about the fact you're driving a Daewoo.

or if you want to get technical the son of a Daewoo.
    What whistling sound? My Cruze is the quietest highway car I've ever owned.

1st Gear
    Thanks for hijacking my thread....

1st Gear
    ^

I've felt the brakes when the brake pedal is engaged and the rear brakes are rock solid.

The noise is every time I go over any bumps. Anyone can hear it and it goes beyond normal noise. The CLACK at the end of a stop is also not normal. But every time they check and re-check everything is found perfectly normal.

What am I supposed to do? Show them again that everything down there rattles? I did that already. to 2 different service centers. Nothing has been done about it. It's normal. Everything is fine. I even asked this dealer to check the rotors were OK. Everything is fine. That's all I keep hearing. everything is fine. everything is fine.

Whatever the issue is, 5 times, 3 months and 2 different dealers is enough. I'm over the issue.

The point is, like the guy here, if the car is barely 1 year old and it's already giving me issues, then I would rather get rid of it. I can't imagine still fighting noises, rattles and other issues down the road, or worse problems.

The insurance covers fire. I can only hope the car catches fire. I'll roast marshmallows waiting for the insurance guy.
    That is an honest answer is I ever heard one. I would probably feel the same if I was in your situation. I was under the impression they have never tried anything at all. But h=you have had GM look at it and still no resolve. I might want to accidentally drop a wrench across the battery terminals, too.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast