Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation - Page 8
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation

Quote Originally Posted by thaicruze View Post
    The noise is every time I go over any bumps. Anyone can hear it and it goes beyond normal noise. The CLACK at the end of a stop is also not normal. But every time they check and re-check everything is found perfectly normal.
    Have you taken the Service Department Manager for a drive in it so that they can hear the noise, and you can be sure that they have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by grs1961 View Post
    Have you taken the Service Department Manager for a drive in it so that they can hear the noise, and you can be sure that they have?
    Excellent suggestion. Make sure it's the service manager, not an adviser or tech (unless it's the tech working on the car).

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Banned
    We all know what the noise is. We know the caliper is banging against the pad. But even the manager came out backing up the monkeys saying it was normal. I had 2 mechanics sticking their head out the window listening to it. You can grab the caliper and make it bang against the pad with little force.

But it's all normal.

Anyway. The new dealer says it ISN'T normal and they're ordering the parts. Parts aren't here yet. I think they ordered on Monday. Tomorrow is Thursday.

And I still didn't tell them about the non working rear right speaker that crackles intermittently. I'll have to drive it there when its doing it. Also, the intermittent ticking of the AC fan under the passenger's legs. It's high pitched and very annoying.

Good news is, Saturday I'm off to the Honda dealer. I'm checking out the Civic with Navigation and everything my Chevy doesn't have. Looking forward to years of bliss and 0 issues again like before when I used to have a Honda and brought it in for oil changes.

Ive had this car for 1 year. Feels like 5.
    Last edited by thaicruze; 11-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Driver's Ed
    To the OP: people suggest considering utilizing the lemon law-- but clearly they've never tried that before. If you really want to go the lemon law route, first thing to do is hire a lawyer because you will be going to arbitration over this at best, going to court at worst. I do not recommend that.

GM is not going to give you another car without a fight. A huge fight. Your car seems like a legit dud but there are no easy fixes. Another dealer is a longer drive, more time and resources wasted, and not likely to be more successful. Lemon law will be a year long fight and likely cost you more in legal fees then just dropping the car as is and buying new.

Real solution: stick it out with the dealer who has it now and see it through each fix. Sell the car to carmax as soon as you get it back from the dealer. Take an economic loss in value, probably about $7,000 USD, and walk away to a new vehicle. Its rough, but this option is likely your best long term considering actual cost of legal fights and hassles on continued ownership.

1st Gear
    Went back to the dealer today- they are going to pressure test the car again to see if there are any more leaks, especially around the water pump. Another person brought in a 2011 LT when I was there. Service rep opened up the hood and sure enough we smelled coolant and the level very low. I think this is a general Cruze issue. I went next store to their sister Dodge dealership and test drove a Dodge Dart. I will lose my butt if I have to get rid of the Cruze. Dart is a nice car (drove the 1.4turbo)- still don't know if I want a first year model though. My only alternative would be a Ford Focus, but I am not crazy about Ford. Sorry, I know I am limiting my options but I will only buy a car made by Union people employed by US companies. I am going to support what supported me all those years growing up- my family and I had a good life because of the UAW and my father worked his butt off for 35+ years in a dirty hot factory to support us. That is just my opinion and please respect that and not start flame wars over it.

3rd Gear
    Just a suggestion-have you tried the Sonic? Most issues seem to be the little turbo and the 1.8L engine is probably strong enough to move the Sonic (not so much in the Cruze). If you're trading on another Chevy maybe they will cut you a good deal. They definitely should.
    Last edited by steve333; 11-21-2012 at 08:18 PM.

1st Gear
    Update: taking my car to the dealer this afternoon. I got a letter today from GM customer service about the warranty- it says GMPP for the Engine plan on my 2012 Cruze. So I can assume the warranty is only for the engine and that's it? If that is the case that is not how it was presented to me- ugh

1st Gear
    Update: Looks like GM is buying my vehicle back. I don't know specifics yet but was told it will be according to the laws in my state. I don't know if I am restricted to getting into another car from my dealer or not. Would you guys take a chance and get a 2013 Cruze?

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by dby2011 View Post
    Update: Looks like GM is buying my vehicle back. I don't know specifics yet but was told it will be according to the laws in my state. I don't know if I am restricted to getting into another car from my dealer or not. Would you guys take a chance and get a 2013 Cruze?
    Congrats but the 2013 Cruze has the same issues your car does. If they offer a refund you should take it. If you can afford a bigger car maybe the Malibu?

1st Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by steve333 View Post
    Congrats but the 2013 Cruze has the same issues your car does. If they offer a refund you should take it. If you can afford a bigger car maybe the Malibu?
    I know I really like the Cruze. I drove a new Malibu and it was just ok. To get similar equipment that I have now on the Cruze will be at least 26k for the Malibu- simple things like remote start and a usb ipod interface that my car had for 21k sticker cost 26k sticker for a Malibu LT. Plus my wife hates the fake wood trim in the Mailbu LT and I read they are already changing the car for the fall in 2014. I'm not buying a car that will look outdated in a year. Like I said, I am not sure what the specifics are yet so I really don't know what I will be able to get into. I just don't want to go through the coolant issue with a 2013 or I would not question getting another Cruze.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast