Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation

1st Gear

Advice on how to deal with my Cruze situtation

I am looking at advice on what you all would do in mysituation. My 2012 Cruze LT waspurchased on Aug 17th 2011. Right now I currently have 28,000 mileson it. I first want to say I really,really like the car. I use it to commuteto work and also for trips I have to take that is work related. It gets great gas mileage and is a nice quietcruiser for highway trips. However, I havehad numerous issues with the car that have been repaired more than once andhave been working with GM customer service:
    1) Driver door panel speaker grill was deformed (notstamped properly)- dealer replaced door panel
    2) Rear brake noise at slow gradual stops- dealerreadjusted brake shoes and had to machine rear rotors (I find that unusual tohave to machine rear brake rotors for a new car)
    3) Vibration from center console on acceleration. First time I took it in the dealer had toadjust shifter cable- it lasted one day. Took it in again- they claimed theyadjusted it again. That did not work- they finally ordered and installed a newshifter cable but that did not work. GMhappened to call about the car and asked how I like it and then I told themabout the vibration issue. The dealerfinally fixed it after GM got involved- it was looked at for this issue 5x.
    4) Cooling fan would run at high speed when ac is on. Dealer looked at it and told me they thought it was my car’s computersending the wrong signal to the fan. They had the car 3 days, installed the new computer and that did notwork. They decided to just replace thewhole fan assembly and that solved it- fan had a short in it.
    5) I noticed a coolant odor late last winter-dealer could immediately smell it too when I took the car in. They put dye in it and could not find anyleaks. Took it in again and they stillcould not find anything but was told GM was aware of it and is looking into theissue. A few months go by and GMreleases a TSB for it. The dealer performed the TSB which included installing avent hose from the coolant reservoir and installing shields in the cowl area toprevent fumes from getting in the car. That seemed to fix it but the tape lastedabout 2 months. They then decided toorder me a new reservoir and use different tape. That tape lasted 2 weeks. I talked to GM, they elevated my concern tolevel 2. They told me there is no permanentfix for the coolant issue and there was no redesign for this issue for the 2013models. My dealer worked with GMengineering and was told to install a new pressure cap in the reservoir. GM thinks the cap was not working properlyand spewing hot coolant on the hose/tape causing it to separate. That was done 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I checked and the tape and hose isAGAIN separating from the reservoir. I reallydon’t know what to do anymore. Why is itmy car and not the others? Dealer said they have done the coolant fix to about4 other cars and I am the only one having problems- however I seem to be the onlyone that puts on a lot of miles on the car- I am on the road sometimes 2+ hoursat a time. I am wondering if the fixcannot handle the heat for that long of a period.
    GM customer service has been great through all of this. I did not call them. They happened to call toask how I liked the vehicle- I told them I was having an issue and theyreferred me to a rep that helped me deal with it. Because of the multiple times it took to getmy car fixed for the console vibration they gave me 2 years of Onstar’sconnection and directions package which I was very happy with. I have been working with a level 2 rep aboutthe coolant issue and they were very apologetic and offered me an additional 48months/60,000 miles to my bumper to bumper warranty which would take my car to 87,0000miles or Oct 2016. I am very happy withthat, however I thought my coolant issue would be fixed after last week. The dealer has to call me back today and Ileft a message for the GM rep. I really don’t know where to go from here. Do Ijust have them put the coolant reservoir back to how it was (remove the hose)and hope there is a future fix since I have an extended warranty now? Do I discuss with GM about getting a newcar? I have been very patient with theGM reps and the dealer but am very frustrated. I really like the Cruze and don’t want to get rid of it, but I can’t keepgoing to the dealer for repairs- I have spent a lot of time too with all ofthese issues. My Cruze LT retailed for20,900, after my trade and a gm bonus I financed 16,200. My payoff off the car is around $12,400 rightnow. I am going to maybe break even if I trade the car in which means I havenothing to put down on a new car and I will have higher payments then I have now. I feel like I am kind of stuck. What would you all do in my situation? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear you are being nickled and dimed by your car. At least GM has been working with you on your issues. Do you have a lemon law in your state? It might be worthwhile to check out what your options are in that area. Just so you are informed.
    steve333 and fastdriver like this.
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    10,600 Mi., Avg. MPG: 33 City; 44 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    One year old, not a single problem or issue.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.

I'm not apathetic, I'm just too old to matter anymore.
    5,911 '14 YTD

Lemon law-----> new car-----> ????---> profit
    -Danny

☻/
    /▌
    / \

Driver's Ed
    Sorry to hear of your woes. It's a shame that you have to endure this. You'd think they'd just give you another car (but not neccessarily a new one) and study your current car. Out of sheer frustration you could tell them that a friend of yours has an investigative reporter calling from an unknown source but you're not accepting the call at the moment. If that lie bothers you, you can change it to say you're considering calling a reporter or maybe even a Congressman or similar elected official because they love stories like yours. I sure hope this all works out for you.

To be honest it bothers me that I came up with this scenario and posted it, but it bugs me just as much when we consumers are jerked around like this.
    fastdriver likes this.

Resident Tater Salad

I'm told that if you park in this particular spot in England, pianos fall from the sky.

More seriously, go the lemon law route. If a certain thing hasn't been fixed X number of times, you qualify in most states. Or in some, if it in the shop for X number of days, it will qualify as well.
    steve333, iKermit and fastdriver like this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Handbrake Released
    Regarding the coolant issue I had it but not as bad as others. What I did find the other day is that the lower radioator hose is leaking slowly. Its the one on the passenger side in the front of the engine. Not enough to see so it evaporates when driving. The dealer couldn't fine this either because it was so small it wasn't obvious. Well it appears to be leaking a little more now and i noticed it the other day. It leaks around the plastic that is attached to the rubber of the hose. If you put your finger under the top connector you probably will get a little bit of antifreeze on your finger. It will be kind of thick kind of like glue and have very slight orange/red tint. Unfortunately my warranty is gone but the part is only 30 dollars with shipping.
    Because of where this was i don't think a die would ever be seen because of how small the leak is and it evaporates as you drive.

Learning about my Cruze cmackvr6's Avatar
    I have had numerous issued with my car as well. GM customer service is a joke. They offered me a year of free oil changes and tire rotations for my trouble.

At this point, Stacy, (the GM rep on this forum) doesn't even respond to my PM's.

I'm going to trade/sell this car for a loss at my first opportunity. GM has lost a loyal customer for life.

Good luck with your case.
    steve333 and fastdriver like this.
    2012 Cruze Eco
    2007 Silverado 1500 LT
    1990 Grand Wagoneer

1st Gear
    My experience with GM support actually has been good- reps were always pleasant and got back to you when they said they would. I have not heard anything yet. Thanks for your responses so far.

Learning about my Cruze cmackvr6's Avatar
    I'm glad to hear they are working with you. I have to say though, my experience started out that way. But, when it came time to do the right thing, they backed off and I have not been able to get any response since 10/17/12.

fastdriver likes this.
    2012 Cruze Eco
    2007 Silverado 1500 LT
    1990 Grand Wagoneer

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cmackvr6 View Post
    I have had numerous issued with my car as well. GM customer service is a joke. They offered me a year of free oil changes and tire rotations for my trouble.

At this point, Stacy, (the GM rep on this forum) doesn't even respond to my PM's.

I'm going to trade/sell this car for a loss at my first opportunity. GM has lost a loyal customer for life.

I'm sure there are others on here that don't believe you, but I for one know you are telling the truth.

My girlfriend picked up out new cruze while I was away for work, at 3,000miles(before I had even seen the car) the service traction control/stibilitrac message popped up on the DIC & the car started running rough while she was driving.
    Called the dealer & they said it was ok for her to drive it in, come to find out it was a major engine issue(something came apart on one cylinder) & they needed to replace the engine. First brand new car & it needs an engine at 3,000miles, even stranger is the DIC message did not indicate what the real issue was or how severe the issue was.

Dealer had the car for two weeks while we were in contact with customer service, got the car back running great but were only offered a few oil changes & tire rotations for our troubles. Really? I see people on here get better offers for there troubles for far less serious issues that take no where near two weeks to fix. GM should have been happy we did not demand a new freaking car.

When I tried to contact Stacy I was told she could do nothing more than the district manager I was already in contact with. I still feel I was given the shaft for my troubles months later. Even though I have multiple family members that worked at GM for 30+ years & I have only ever owned GM cars, This will probably be my last.

Lifetime: 10.8 cents per mile @ $3.73 average price over 42K miles

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast