I am looking at advice on what you all would do in mysituation. My 2012 Cruze LT waspurchased on Aug 17th 2011. Right now I currently have 28,000 mileson it. I first want to say I really,really like the car. I use it to commuteto work and also for trips I have to take that is work related. It gets great gas mileage and is a nice quietcruiser for highway trips. However, I havehad numerous issues with the car that have been repaired more than once andhave been working with GM customer service:
1) Driver door panel speaker grill was deformed (notstamped properly)- dealer replaced door panel
2) Rear brake noise at slow gradual stops- dealerreadjusted brake shoes and had to machine rear rotors (I find that unusual tohave to machine rear brake rotors for a new car)
3) Vibration from center console on acceleration. First time I took it in the dealer had toadjust shifter cable- it lasted one day. Took it in again- they claimed theyadjusted it again. That did not work- they finally ordered and installed a newshifter cable but that did not work. GMhappened to call about the car and asked how I like it and then I told themabout the vibration issue. The dealerfinally fixed it after GM got involved- it was looked at for this issue 5x.
4) Cooling fan would run at high speed when ac is on. Dealer looked at it and told me they thought it was my car’s computersending the wrong signal to the fan. They had the car 3 days, installed the new computer and that did notwork. They decided to just replace thewhole fan assembly and that solved it- fan had a short in it.
5) I noticed a coolant odor late last winter-dealer could immediately smell it too when I took the car in. They put dye in it and could not find anyleaks. Took it in again and they stillcould not find anything but was told GM was aware of it and is looking into theissue. A few months go by and GMreleases a TSB for it. The dealer performed the TSB which included installing avent hose from the coolant reservoir and installing shields in the cowl area toprevent fumes from getting in the car. That seemed to fix it but the tape lastedabout 2 months. They then decided toorder me a new reservoir and use different tape. That tape lasted 2 weeks. I talked to GM, they elevated my concern tolevel 2. They told me there is no permanentfix for the coolant issue and there was no redesign for this issue for the 2013models. My dealer worked with GMengineering and was told to install a new pressure cap in the reservoir. GM thinks the cap was not working properlyand spewing hot coolant on the hose/tape causing it to separate. That was done 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I checked and the tape and hose isAGAIN separating from the reservoir. I reallydon’t know what to do anymore. Why is itmy car and not the others? Dealer said they have done the coolant fix to about4 other cars and I am the only one having problems- however I seem to be the onlyone that puts on a lot of miles on the car- I am on the road sometimes 2+ hoursat a time. I am wondering if the fixcannot handle the heat for that long of a period.
GM customer service has been great through all of this. I did not call them. They happened to call toask how I liked the vehicle- I told them I was having an issue and theyreferred me to a rep that helped me deal with it. Because of the multiple times it took to getmy car fixed for the console vibration they gave me 2 years of Onstar’sconnection and directions package which I was very happy with. I have been working with a level 2 rep aboutthe coolant issue and they were very apologetic and offered me an additional 48months/60,000 miles to my bumper to bumper warranty which would take my car to 87,0000miles or Oct 2016. I am very happy withthat, however I thought my coolant issue would be fixed after last week. The dealer has to call me back today and Ileft a message for the GM rep. I really don’t know where to go from here. Do Ijust have them put the coolant reservoir back to how it was (remove the hose)and hope there is a future fix since I have an extended warranty now? Do I discuss with GM about getting a newcar? I have been very patient with theGM reps and the dealer but am very frustrated. I really like the Cruze and don’t want to get rid of it, but I can’t keepgoing to the dealer for repairs- I have spent a lot of time too with all ofthese issues. My Cruze LT retailed for20,900, after my trade and a gm bonus I financed 16,200. My payoff off the car is around $12,400 rightnow. I am going to maybe break even if I trade the car in which means I havenothing to put down on a new car and I will have higher payments then I have now. I feel like I am kind of stuck. What would you all do in my situation? Thanks