I finally got busted for my tint!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: I finally got busted for my tint!

I finally got busted for my tint!

Taken directly from my facebook:

.. so I'm driving home in North Buffalo tonight doing the speed limit minding my own business while a cop was following me. *shrug* no big I'm doing the speed limit. His lights start flashing! Great... I pull over off the main road get my documents out and wait. Within 5 minutes, FIVE cop cars were surrounding my position!! I roll down my windows as the officer approaches:

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over?
    Me: No, sir.
    Officer: You have tinted windows. Ever been pulled over for that before?
    Me: No, sir. *thinking in my head* (No, I've never encountered a squadron of coppers so bored in the 7 months I've had my windows tinted. I've passed dozens of cops.. some of them even wave to me -___-. God bless America!)

So he makes me roll up my windows so he can use the stupid meter. 24% / 24% VLT (This confirms our factory is ~80%). NY is 70% / 70%. Thankfully, he didn't have that **** razor blade on him. I guess I know now to be careful where I drive at night, because any tint looks like limo in the dark. In the daytime I pass cops all the time and some of them even wave to me or look directly in.

But yeah, does it really take FIVE cops to pull over a brand new chevy cruze? I didn't think our car screamed "drug dealer."

I'm 100% sure I'm just going to pay the $110 fine. I'm not removing it, dammit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

Sounds to me like they were looking for someone and about all they had was a car with tinted windows. You got caught up in this search and you car had darker tint than NY allows.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Touring Champion
    Looked into what was legal here in Wisconsin & was surprised they have changed the law here requiring even lighter tint. Used to be 35% front/20% rear. New law is 50% front 35% rear, pretty much not even worth paying to get the car tinted.

Always wondered how all the minivans & SUV's can have such dark tint, the fine pint of the law here states that if it came that dark from the factory its legal.

Lifetime: 10.8 cents per mile @ $3.73 average price over 42K miles

Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    Sounds to me like they were looking for someone and about all they had was a car with tinted windows. You got caught up in this search and you car had darker tint than NY allows.
    New York doesn't allow any tint. It doesn't stop millions of motorists! *evil laugh*

Quote Originally Posted by spacedout View Post
    Looked into what was legal here in Wisconsin & was surprised they have changed the law here requiring even lighter tint. Used to be 35% front/20% rear. New law is 50% front 35% rear, pretty much not even worth paying to get the car tinted.

Always wondered how all the minivans & SUV's can have such dark tint, the fine pint of the law here states that if it came that dark from the factory its legal.
    Nah get it tinted. It is so worth it. It's so worth it that if he made me take it off I would get it again as soon as the winter is over. It protects the interior and leather, cools the cabin, prevents knuckleheads from highbeam spamming you when they are angry, and it just looks great.

Didn't even give you a fix it ticket?!

I've been pulled over for tint more than once and it is very hard keeping your cool when you just want to say, oh look at that one with darker tint, and that one and that one... But if you can keep your emotions in check, most of the time they'll wave you off. Unless of course they're in a bad mood or bored.
    ^Usually sarcasm.

If anything I say offends you... you might need a snickers.

Nope, no wave off. No fix it ticket. Just a standard equipment violation on a traffic ticket. They obviously want the money.

Resident Tater Salad
    Cops in the north are jerks. All of em.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

New york spent more money sending 5 officers to one car than the ticket was worth,great ole America
    cornbreesha likes this.

I am moving out of California soon, and the percentage that is required in the state I am moving too is 35% front and 20% back. Cant wait..

I went to a bar a few months ago and I saw a cop catch a guy urinating in in a dark corner. 3 minutes later 6 squad cars and about 13 cops in total cape to just arrest him. Cops obviously have too much time on there hands nowadays.

They are enforcing TINT laws now? No wonder crime rates are so low!!

(rolls eyes)
    -Danny

☻/
    /▌
    / \

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast