It's another collision with deer thread - Page 5
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: It's another collision with deer thread

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateNYBill View Post
    Damage estimate got upped again, now at 6,422.73. More damage found in the hood and cooling fan area since that part of the car took the whole hit. I won't get my Cruze back until Wednesday, probably. Gahhhh.... I miss it.
    This is why I gave the range when you first asked for guesses. I've seen firsthand what "hidden" damage can do to what initially appears to be a simple repair. Just be glad they found it while it was still in for the repairs. Getting hidden damage repairs paid for later is a nightmare.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsnation View Post
    Bill what shop or dealership is this at?
    DeNooyer. I think they found out when it was time to put the new hood on that the hood hinges were slightly bent. It's all good. Obviously, fitment wasn't quite right. Better to find out while it's still in paint, than after the fact.

They also found a problem with the cooling fan & motor, which is a big ticket item. Haven't had a chance to stop in and see what that was all about.
    Last edited by UpstateNYBill; 11-19-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    1LT A/T

3rd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    This is why I gave the range when you first asked for guesses. I've seen firsthand what "hidden" damage can do to what initially appears to be a simple repair. Just be glad they found it while it was still in for the repairs. Getting hidden damage repairs paid for later is a nightmare.
    You definitely called it. Much closer than I would have guessed. The other deer collision I mentioned in the first page was also over 6 grand. Seems to be the norm for 55 to 60 mph deer collisions.
    1LT A/T

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateNYBill View Post
    DeNooyer. I think they found out when it was time to put the new hood on that the hood hinges were slightly bent. It's all good. Obviously, fitment wasn't quite right. Better to find out while it's still in paint, than after the fact.

They also found a problem with the cooling fan & motor, which is a big ticket item. Haven't had a chance to stop in and see what that was all about.
    Oh I was just there the other day picking up my All Weather mats!

Handbrake Released The Wolf Wagon's Avatar
    Glad you didn't get hurt.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345