Purchasing a new Eco soon. Opinions on '12 vs '13?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Purchasing a new Eco soon. Opinions on '12 vs '13?

Driver's Ed

Purchasing a new Eco soon. Opinions on '12 vs '13?

Hi, first post. Great community you guys have here.

I'm in the market for a new Cruze Eco 6MT. I've been reading up on the model year differences and it seems that it basically boils down to the addition of the MyLink system for the '13 model year.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with both of the infotainment systems in the '12 and '13 models and if they feel the MyLink system is a significant upgrade that should be considered? If it matters all of the phones/devices I'd be connecting run iOS.

There are a fair number of 2012s left on the dealer lots around here, and the 60 month 0% financing has got my interest. I'm also thinking I could get a relatively better deal on the 2012 now that the 2013s are starting to arrive in numbers. That said, I keep my cars a long time and spend a lot of time in them, so I don't want to miss out on a significant upgrade just to save a few bucks.

Thoughts? What would you do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    It all depends on how much you want to spend. The MyLink system is nice, from what I've heard, and some of the extra safety features that you can add on are also very nice. Personally, if I was buying a Cruze right now, I'd go with a 2013 over a 2012 because those would be features I'll have wished I had later. How important are these extra features to you?
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I'd go with the financing and a 2012. Is MyLink really that important (question to you!)?

Resident Tater Salad
    My link is great. I wish I'd waited a bit for it. I think it'll be a bigger resale point a few years down the road than the stock radio too.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

I'll go for the 2013 Cruze MyLink worth it & the added safety features. Also the 13 Cruze has bigger safety discounts over the 12 Cruze at least with State Farm ins.
    Starks8 likes this.

Driver's Ed
    Thanks for the replies. I suppose the answer is I don't know if it's that important to me or not. Guess it will probably require some seat time in each to really know.
    Starks8 likes this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by knownikko View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I suppose the answer is I don't know if it's that important to me or not. Guess it will probably require some seat time in each to really know.
    That's a good way to look at it. Also get the numbers down on all of these cars to see what your payments would be. The dealers may be getting desperate to get the 2012 models out of there. You should have no problem getting a completely base 2012 Cruze Eco 6MT for $18,500. By base, I mean no options like driver convenience package, all weather floor mats, or Pioneer sound.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

World Rally Champion
    I was just looking at one without mylink and they want 22500 for it and that an automatic. I don't see almost 2000 in difference.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

Administrator

Welcome to CruzeTalk. I agree with the other responders - take a look at the options and decide if the extra cost of a 2013 is worth it to you.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

World Rally Champion
    My recomendation is a eco 6mt base.

Sent from my Droid using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    GO FOR GOLD

http://www.youtube.com/user/H377ON3ARTH?feature=mhee

2012 ECO 6MT

Current Mods:
    K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake,Tinted Windows, Custom Made Cat Back Exhaust With IMCO High Flow Muffler, Trifecta Performance Tune Plasti-dipped stock ECO rims, ZZP Down-pipe, M-Tech Shifter Shortener, 15" Incriminator Audio Subwoofer in Custom Built Box pushed by a Hifonics BRZ-2100.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast