Bye Warranty!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Bye Warranty!

Retired Moderator

Bye Warranty!

It's official, my Cruze hit 36k miles. Good-bye to the B2B warranty. Not taking it to the dealer unless it's unavoidable or there's a real recall.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

i forget i have extended warranty,seems that i really dont need it haha

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    This site will begin to skyrocket in membership as more people begin to fall out of their warranties and come here for help with non-powertrain related problems they don't care to fix themselves.
    99_XC600 likes this.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Resident Tater Salad

2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Learning about my Cruze 4SidedDie's Avatar
    What do the warrantees cover that they sell you at the dealer? I remember purchasing one..

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SidedDie View Post
    What do the warrantees cover that they sell you at the dealer? I remember purchasing one..

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    Anything that your Powertrain warranty does not cover after the 36,000 mile, 3 year warranty runs out.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

^ hopefully

I was at the service counter getting my keys once and another customer was irate that something wasn't been covered by the extended warranty he purchased. Don't care for drama so I didn't bother to stay and listen what it was about.
    ^Usually sarcasm.

If anything I say offends you... you might need a snickers.

I got a 6 year B2B 50,000 mile warranty on mine. Wanted the full coverage while I had the loan so I didn't have to worry about paying any major costs. I should have the car paid in 5, meaning 1 year no car payments but still full warranty.

2012 Chevy Cruze 1LT RS Crystal Red Tint Coat

Aesop
    The one my dealer offered, had to sign a piece of paper I rejected it, had so many exclusions on it, was no more that the powertrain warranty. Also see a lot of used cars, barely under three years with a few thousand miles under that magic 36K/ Must be a reason for that.

When I purchased that 04 Cavalier, had to be OBD II capable, now its generation III, really nothing that I know of is available yet. Always making changes, can only wonder if in the next couple of years will be some aftermarket stuff. When my job went to China, so did my access to the GM service site, that was really helpful. They change the password about every month or so.

But also happened to be in unique position, with my youngest kid just graduating from college last spring, seem to have an extra !2,000 sitting in my bank account, so probably will join the crowd and by a new one when the warranty expires. Sending ten kids to college, been saving money on our transportation for years. Now its time to take it easy.

What really would be nice if our government would give senior citizens a break on property taxes. Only way to get around that would be to sell my home and move into a tent.

Retired Moderator

GM's extended warranties seem not to cover all that much for how pricey they are. Seems better to put that money away for repairs.

Once this is paid off, I'm putting 5-6 months of payments into a tire/maintenance fund. This will make the inevitable maintenance more budget-friendly.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast