Officially been to the Twilight Zone - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Officially been to the Twilight Zone

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritts View Post
    I'm going to drive my Silverado. It gets half the gas mileage, but is an extended cab and for me is very comfortable. I don't think I'll try a small car again. This past Friday, I very nearly traded the Cruze for a Nissan Altima because of the Zero Gravity Seats. However, I have never owned anything but domestic brands. That may change in future though. I really liked my Cruze, it was so well built and my salesman told me he would often quote me when I once told him: "the Cruze isn't the most expensive car I've owned, but it is the best built car I have owned".

Unfortunately, my back did start bothering me shortly after I bought the car and I tried a lot of things like cushions and changing the position of the seats. I even bought a set of factory seat covers and took the front seats out of the car and recovered them so I could add padding underneath the new covers.

I am disappointed with the very odd response from GM Customer Service (if you can call it a service). I leave this experience feeling that while I have been a very loyal customer to GM, they have not returned the favor.
    Well, as I recall it, you were driving quite a few miles, so the car was saving you a lot of gas. Have you considered a "base" model Verano? I would imagine those leather seats might be more comfortable, and you'd still have the same platform. Just a thought.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Well, as I recall it, you were driving quite a few miles, so the car was saving you a lot of gas. Have you considered a "base" model Verano? I would imagine those leather seats might be more comfortable, and you'd still have the same platform. Just a thought.
    A base Verano doesn't have leather seats. With a Verano you have to go to leather group package. Verano which costs about the same as a loaded Cruze LTZ.
    Last edited by 2013Cruze; 11-20-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2013Cruze View Post
    A base Verano doesn't have leather seats. With a Verano you have to go to leather group package Verano which costs about the same as a somewhat loaded Cruze LTZ.
    Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. I've been meaning to get into a Verano to see what it feels like inside. I know the LTZ leather seats were a bit stiff. Comfortable for me, but stiff.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. I've been meaning to get into a Verano to see what it feels like inside. I know the LTZ leather seats were a bit stiff. Comfortable for me, but stiff.
    A loaded leather group Verano about 30k. I've test driven one about the only difference I really notice was it had a little quieter ride than the LTZ has & it doesn't have the blind spots that the Cruze has & the interior a little nicer but to me the interior more for someone in their 40'sor 50's to upscale for my taste & mpg is 5 miles less a gallon than mpg for the Cruze.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritts View Post
    Sold the Cruze today. Problem solved.
    Yep, that'll solve the problem!
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

I'm thinking my next vehicle will be a replacment for my truck or an SUV. I really like the looks of the Toyota 4Runner, but I haven't tested one yet.
    God put obvious limitations on our intelligence...but none whatsoever on our stupidity.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.