Officially been to the Twilight Zone

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Officially been to the Twilight Zone

Officially been to the Twilight Zone

This is my recent experience with GM Customer Service:

1. I called GM Customer Service if there was anything they could do for me because my Cruze has literally become a pain the back because of the hard seats. First time I called and they suggested--you guessed it, a cushion. Thank you very much good bye. Okay so I feel ridiculous enough and go about my business.

2. A few weeks later I try with GM Customer Service online using the chat function. This time I ask about the possibility of assistance in trading for a Malibu. Finally after being on the equivalent of hold for about 5 minutes the CS person says GM does not offer any assistance (wish I could remember her exact words) and would I like to see if there are any incentives in my area. I give her my zip code and again I wait. She comes back and tells me there are no incentives in my area for the Malibu. I keep explaining my bad back and how I know its not GMs fault yadda yadda yadda and BTW I do own 3 GM vehicles and have been a long time loyal customer. I'm waiting for the CS person to figure out some way of brushing me off. She finally offers me the phone number for " marketing " she has suddenly discovered and gets me off line that way. The number she gave me was, of course, the customer service number listed on the web site I was using to type my chat messages.

3. So I call using that number and get a someone with a foreign accent and I tell her my story.
    And finally after being on hold a couple of times she tells me there if nothing GM can do, but to go the extra mile for me she will call the dealer. We hang up and a little while later she calls back and tells me the salesman said I could trade in my Cruze any time I felt like it! I was hardly able to talk and said "OK" and "thanks" and hung up.

4. A couple of days later I spoke with my salesman and he said he received a weird call from CS, that the girl asked if I could trade in my Cruze. "Well sure he can," answered my Salesman. The CS girl then asks, "When?". I was in the detail area when I got the call and wasn't sure I heard her correctly, but I told her "Well anytime he wants to." (big laugh here)

5. About a week later--about two hours ago as a matter of fact. I see a toll-free number ringing in. I almost didn't answer, but finally for some reason did. It's the same foreign female following up with my complaint/question. She asks: Do I mind if she puts me on hold so she can check if there is anything GM can do to help trade for the Malibu. (??????) Sure, I don't mind I tell her. About two minutes later she comes back and tells me that no, there is nothing that GM can do to assist me. I say "OK" thank her and hang up. What the Fudge was that call all about?
    Is it current GM policy that if you don't piss off the customer on the first go around to wait a few days and try again?? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I mean why--just why make that last call?

It's a good thing I'm a saintly man that doesn't curse...uh hem.
    God put obvious limitations on our intelligence...but none whatsoever on our stupidity.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Wow I can't believe she gave you the run around like that. Hopefully you are able to do something to help your back out one way or another. Good luck!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

1st Gear
    Hey how about a cushion?

Last edited by bryanakron40; 11-19-2012 at 03:24 PM.

4th Gear
    Wow, I thought you were talking about the vampire movie when I saw the title of this thread....was going to have to pull your man card!!! Hope you get your car taken car of quick!

Quote Originally Posted by iCruze2 View Post
    Wow, I thought you were talking about the vampire movie when I saw the title of this thread....was going to have to pull your man card!!! Hope you get your car taken car of quick!
    Hmmm, while reading the title you thought of twilight the vampire movie before thinking of a classic horror show? Sir, I'm going to have to see your man card.

Gritts, sorry to hear about your situation. May I ask how long you've owned the Cruze?
    ^Usually sarcasm.

If anything I say offends you... you might need a snickers.

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hmmm, while reading the title you thought of twilight the vampire movie before thinking of a classic horror show? Sir, I'm going to have to see your man card.

Gritts, sorry to hear about your situation. May I ask how long you've owned the Cruze?
    Seeing as that movie came out a few days ago, yes I did think that. Classic horror show from how long ago? Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by iCruze2 View Post
    The "Twilight Zone" is a classic series, not some chick flick number of movies that girls get their rocks off of.
    mcg75 likes this.
    "If you were any other man, I would kill you where you stand!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post

I've owned my Cruze 21 months and currently have 18,500 miles on the clock.
    God put obvious limitations on our intelligence...but none whatsoever on our stupidity.

Retired Moderator

While I've never experienced problems with the seats, having adjustable lumbar support for long trips would be nice. Although my mom's 1998 Subaru Legacy has rock-hard seats I can't stand for more than 20 minutes. Road trips in that car were painful, even in my teens.

Gritts, where does the seat hurt you exactly?
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

I can understand back issues being a problem with seats. But knowing that, I was very careful to make sure the seat in my Cruze worked for me before I bought it. I think that it would be cheaper for you to get a custom seat, rather than take the loss in trade on another vehicle. Shoot, a Malibu seat might bolt right into a Cruze! Or perhaps the seat from a Valaro.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.