i just found locking gas cap for cruze
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jblackburn

Thread: i just found locking gas cap for cruze

Driver's Ed

i just found locking gas cap for cruze

i just found locking gas cap for cruze : Stant 11504

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Formula One Champion
    The 2012 STANT™ website & catalog says #10511 is the 'locking gas cap' for the 2011 Cruze; see page 29:

http://www.stant.com/repository/file...ar Catalog.pdf

...and, here:

http://www.stant.com/modules/partLoc...m.cfm?id=10511

while #11504 is a new item, not listed or shown in the 2012 catalog, that's listed for 2012 Cruze.
    Last edited by 70AARCUDA; 11-19-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 1.4LT 6A
    2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/SFI 4A
    2004 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/MFI 4A

1971 Dodge Charger 318 3A
    1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340/6BBL 4M
    1968 Dodge Charger 383 3A
    1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 383 4M
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 273 4M

Aesop
    Would take a very close look at if, personally always had problems with Stant products, could end up with fuel evaporative codes. Really not concerned about someone siphoning gas out of the tank, almost next to impossible since they moved the tank under the rear seat.

Major concern is having a nice looking daughter that turns down a date from some freak and he ends up pouring sugar in her gas tank. Another factor with locking gas caps, may find that one key fits all. Cruze could have very cheaply added a locking door. Just a simple cable on a cheap plastic handle you can pull after you open the trunk. Or even a ten cent switch to trigger the vehicle's alarm.

Formula One Champion
    +1 on the fact that an ill-fitting gas cap can/does throw a "...air leak..." CEL.
    2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 1.4LT 6A
    2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/SFI 4A
    2004 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L/MFI 4A

1971 Dodge Charger 318 3A
    1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda 340/6BBL 4M
    1968 Dodge Charger 383 3A
    1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 383 4M
    1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S 273 4M

Quote Originally Posted by 70AARCUDA View Post
    +1 on the fact that an ill-fitting gas cap can/does throw a "...air leak..." CEL.
    I was able to get the locking cap from my wifes 2005 malibu Classic to fit it and lock but it did not seal so I would think it would throw code and get a CEL. (according to a co worker is OK The car still runs! I don't agree!!!!! He just bought a car for his son and it has a CEL but it runs so who cares. His car is a 97 POS and has a CEL but it runs! Not worth fixing. I asked how much gas is it wasting with the CEL. He doesn't care it runs!) Talk about duh!

Resident Tater Salad
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    I was able to get the locking cap from my wifes 2005 malibu Classic to fit it and lock but it did not seal so I would think it would throw code and get a CEL. (according to a co worker is OK The car still runs! I don't agree!!!!! He just bought a car for his son and it has a CEL but it runs so who cares. His car is a 97 POS and has a CEL but it runs! Not worth fixing. I asked how much gas is it wasting with the CEL. He doesn't care it runs!) Talk about duh!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn.
    Patman likes this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Some men just want to watch the world burn.
    This guy will complain about fixing his car and spending money but spends $8 + ea. day for lunch I bring mine every day and only eat out once a week and that is < $6. I guess he has all that money from not fixing his cars! They still run after all.

Resident Tater Salad
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    This guy will complain about fixing his car and spending money but spends $8 + ea. day for lunch I bring mine every day and only eat out once a week and that is < $6. I guess he has all that money from not fixing his cars! They still run after all.
    I usedta do that when I was younger. Now that I've got more bills, etc. to pay, bringing food to work is so much cheaper (and healthy!).

I can't stand for my things to not work right or not be in the best condition I can make them. If my check engine light was on (I had a Volvo - the check engine light comes on if you even LOOK at it wrong), it seriously bugged me and I would try to find out why as soon as possible.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Aesop
    Was thinking about adding a spring loaded rod I can pull with a string from my trunk so that door would be locked. But all cheap plastic, a screwdriver is all one needs to wreck it.

88 Supra Turbo has that arrangement, but all solid steel. What my Supra has in common with my Cruze, the gas cap is located on the wrong side of the car, so got use to that driving in on the wrong side of the gas station pumps.

Not bad at 5:00 AM in the morning when filling up, but a bit testy at a busy gas station. No, the hoses aren't long enough to reach the other side of these cars. Already tried that.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements