Bluetooth Commands
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Commands

Driver's Ed

Bluetooth Commands

Hello
    When I want to dial my phone with the bluetooth, I press the button, they she says "Ready" I say "Call", she says "Say name or number" If I say a name thats in my phone book, it only repeats back numbers. Do i have to physically say Name when asked and not the name I want dialed? I looked everywhere but can not find out how to use this feature productively.

Thanks,
    RalphTrent

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ralphtrent View Post
    Hello
    When I want to dial my phone with the bluetooth, I press the button, they she says "Ready" I say "Call", she says "Say name or number" If I say a name thats in my phone book, it only repeats back numbers. Do i have to physically say Name when asked and not the name I want dialed? I looked everywhere but can not find out how to use this feature productively.

Thanks,
    RalphTrent
    Say "Hands Free"
    Say "Bluetooth"
    Say "Help"

Calling by name only works with names stored in the car's system. If you want to voice dial via the phone book in your phone, and the phone supports voice dialing, say "Voice" after "Bluetooth", and your phones voice command system will work from there.
    2011 Cruze LTZ (Black Granite Metallic)

Driver's Ed
    Thanks I will give that a try.

Driver's Ed
    what happens when you say "Voice" is it then uses your phone's commands instead of the car's commands!
    I figured that out when I was having issues doing the same thing and noticed a prompt popup on my phone that said the available commands.
    It is confusing at first but you'll eventually get it.
    What is weird sometimes too is that the person's name will not always show up when they call (instead it is just their number), but sometimes it does.

It doesn't help that I have 400+ contacts either though :/

Learning about my Cruze
    make sure you wait for the prompts as well. I can't speak for other phones, but on the iphone you need to wait about 2-3 seconds after saying voice. You will hear then voice control tone from the speakers, and at that point you can voice dial a number or contact (or change music if you are connected via usb).
    2011 Cruze Eco MT: Taupe Gray Metallic/Jet Black. Bluetooth&Cruise package.

This made it worth logging in today. Thanks guys.

Driver's Ed
    I must be an idiot. When she said "ready" I said "Voice" and she said "Pardon?" I said "voice "and again she said "Pardon?". I have the DROID by Motorola so the phone supports voice commands. I have the bluetooth logo on the phone and the radio so the connectivity is there. If i manually dial or call a contact the call is placed using the Radio so that all works. I think its just a matter of me not understand what I am supposed to do when she says "Ready".

Quote Originally Posted by ralphtrent View Post
    I must be an idiot. When she said "ready" I said "Voice" and she said "Pardon?" I said "voice "and again she said "Pardon?". I have the DROID by Motorola so the phone supports voice commands. I have the bluetooth logo on the phone and the radio so the connectivity is there. If i manually dial or call a contact the call is placed using the Radio so that all works. I think its just a matter of me not understand what I am supposed to do when she says "Ready".
    After you say voice, she should say "accessing (phone name tag)" If this does not happen, you phone's voice command is not supported yet.
    2011 Cruze LTZ (Black Granite Metallic)

Learning about my Cruze
    Go here to see if your phone is supported:

General Motors | Bluetooth for GM Vehicles | GM

OnStar working to improve.......

Good thread for one and all . Came across this article related to this thread. Onstar working on the voice command system for better recognition quality. I've noticed the Cruze voice system of OnStar / Nav is improved compared to our prior GM vehicles ( '09, '08, '07).

OnStar Voice Update | GM Authority
    jaygeo1 - Keep Cruze'in

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast