2013 2LT thoughts and impressions.
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 2013 2LT thoughts and impressions.

2013 2LT thoughts and impressions.

Hey guys,

Just picked up my '13 2LT on Friday. We put about 250 miles on it so far. Since there isn't a lot of info on here specifically for the 2013 model year, I thought I would start a thread with my initial thoughts, likes/dislikes and then update it periodically.

First off, some things that may (or may not be) different in 2013:

The paint chip issue behind the rear doors apparently caught notice. My 2LT came with factory installed 3M protection. I don't think the 2012's came like this and pretty positive the 2011's did not.

The insulation showing on the dash/windshield area is not present in my car. This doesn't mean it's been looked at or fixed, just that it is not present on my car.

Overall fit and finish seem to be pretty good. I would give it a B+/A-. The reason it is not A+ are the following reasons:

1) The rear bowtie on the trunk lid is bowed out. I looks like the fastener may not be on correctly. I am going to swap these out (front and back) for some black ones but I am going to have the dealership either fix or replace the bowed out one. I paid for it, it's going to be perfect, sitting on the shelf

2) Noticing a creak/thump when going over bumps or cornering (not aggressively but not granny either) coming from the drivers side A pilliar, almost like the windshield is making it.

3) My LT is a bit louder on the inside than the 1LT's and Eco's I drove. I did drive a '12 2LT w/13k miles on it when researching the car and I don't remember it being that loud. Right now, I am assuming the difference is that mine is brand new. I'll wait till after break in period to make a decision on that.

Everything else looks great! Gaps between body panels are all even and straight. Engine runs good and even after 250 miles, I can already feel the difference of it getting broke in. Takeoffs and shifting are getting smoother and less jerky from brand new parts. Also helps to shake off the rust, it has been since '95 that I have owned a manual trans. Wife is still tentative about it but she did get out to the parking lot and made good progress on shifting. Next weekend, she will be driving it instead of me. I am a horrible passenger so I hope she picks it up as fast as I think she will.

We have the following options on our car: The 2LT Conv Pack, Pioneer 9 speaker upgrade, Navigation unit.

So far, the pioneer system is pretty good. Plenty of decent bass, good sound quality overall. Now, there was a time when I ran around with 1500 watts and competed. That was a long while ago hehe, and I am over 40 now. So having the booming system is not practical, or economical in a car we bought for the family/mpg. The iPod I have hooked right up with no issues. It is a bit slow to initialize but I'm patient. The one thing I don't like with the iPod interface is that after a song is done, it will play the first 1/4 second of the next track, then stop for a full second, then start the next track over. This is a bit annoying and I am using a newer iPod touch. I am going to test this with my wife's iPod classic and see if there is any difference. I am betting that a future software update will resolve this.

The Navigation unit, has been my huckleberry so far. It took me about 30 minutes of sitting around, changing settings, driving a short bit, sit around and change settings... to get it to where I wanted it. Was fine with that, there is a learning curve for new devices. Next morning (Saturday) we can out and went for some coffee. I happened to hit the navi button just to play with it and low and behold, back to factory settings. Hmm, ok maybe user error here, since I knew the settings from the previous day, 5 min to get it set back up. Then we drove a little ways and I stopped, turned off the car and waited for the juice to cut off. Then started it back up and settings are there. Stayed good for all day Saturday after that. Go out sunday to get the paper and donuts for the kiddies.... back to factory settings again. Now, I am an IT guy so I have faith that this is just a bit of buggy software and that a future update should fix it. When it is setup properly, it works fairly well.

Backup cam is nice but I haven't really used it yet. Heated seats work as advertised, but not as good as my GXP. In a 5 minute trip with my Pontiac, my cheeks are near perspiring by the time I get to work in the morning. But, they work and work well, regardless.

Brakes (4wheel disc) are good, firm and quiet.

Leather seats are comfy but a bit firm. We will be taking the Cruze to Nevada in Feb so I will ask and answer that question again after that

That's all I have on my mind right now, overall I am pleased with the vehicle. My last new Chevy was a '94 Cav and the reason I have not bought new from GM since. This one seems to be put together more intelligently and feels quite a bit more well built.

Now, gotta get the wifey some windshield time with it so I can have my GXP back!
    Starks8 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

What kind of setting are you able to set when it comes to the nav?

Are you setting the heated seats to the highest setting?

There are all sorts of settings for the nav, normal for a gps unit. Yes, the heated seats are 3 way. They work fine, just take longer than I expected to heat up.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Madcat View Post
    There are all sorts of settings for the nav, normal for a gps unit. Yes, the heated seats are 3 way. They work fine, just take longer than I expected to heat up.
    Could you be a little more specific about the nav setting thanks.

got a call from the dealer, my 2013 2LT is on the way- glad to hear you are pleased with the car. This is my 1st american car & i am proud to make the buy. Some of my friends make it seem like a mistake- can't wait to show them what's america's got!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20131pz69 View Post
    got a call from the dealer, my 2013 2LT is on the way- glad to hear you are pleased with the car. This is my 1st american car & i am proud to make the buy. Some of my friends make it seem like a mistake- can't wait to show them what's america's got!!
    What color did you get? Why do your friends think getting a Cruze is a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by 2013Cruze View Post
    Could you be a little more specific about the nav setting thanks.
    I guess I am not sure what you are asking for. ALL the nav settings reset, not just specific ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Madcat View Post
    I guess I am not sure what you are asking for. ALL the nav settings reset, not just specific ones.
    I was asking for more details what kind of setting you are able to change from factory setting when it comes to the nav thanks.

1st Gear
    Can someone with a 2013 with the 1.4T do me a favor? After driving the car can you lift up the hood and tell me if you smell coolant? Thanks

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast