Bad News... - Page 2

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bad News...

6th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    GM opened the plant in Mexico because Lordstown was at capacity. Now it's not so the question of selling Mexico source Cruze in the US does come into play. On the other hand if the Mexico plant is to allow GM to sell into South America without the typical anti-US bashing from some of the governments down there they need to keep that plant open. Needless to say, it will be interesting.
    The key phrase you made "was at capacity" with layoff announcements for lordstown, one would assume that statement isn't true now or in near future. The issue is similar with ford, ford is moving small car production to Mexico from some Michigan plant, those jobs are going to make some other higher margin SUV in Michigan. Ford says hey there are no job losses, I am like make a new plant here and there would be additional jobs for Americans. It seems similar with GM and them moving jobs to Mexico. I want American made products when possible and it be a level fair playing field for American workers.
    obermd likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Resident Tater Salad

Bad News...

Quote Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
    I see this firsthand at the dealer I work for. The Cruze used to be our #1 best seller. This year, we rolled out more Equinox's, Traverses, Traxs, Colorados, and Silverados than any car.

Heck, we've sold exactly 2 GEN 2 Cruze's this year. We still have a brand new 2016 Limited that's sat for a long time now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    And they make a much bigger profit off selling those, even with rebates! They are stockpiling Cruzens here, but surprisingly, the dealer I bought mine from were all 17s - probably 50-60 of them. There are quite a few 16s left on lots around the area.

I don't know if it's because I didn't pay attention to them before having one as a rental, but I have seen a ton of late model Equinoxes around lately. The new model is much overdue. *shudder*
    sparkman likes this.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Jim Frye is offline [OP]
    Touring Champion

Good News...

GM is spending $667 million to upgrade the Toledo Power Train plant here. They currently build 6 spd front and rear drive transmissions as well as the 8 spd transmission. No one will say what new product is coming, but they spent nearly $10 million here a couple of years ago to bring the 8 spd here and add the 6 spd rear drive line. This will be a large expansion of the existing facility and will likely add a few hundred jobs. CFA is doing a similar upgrade to the Jeep plant here to build the next generation Wrangler here.
    obermd, jblackburn, Merc6 and 1 others like this.
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    35,600 Mi., Avg. MPG: 32 City; 44 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    "I have everything I need and nothin' that I don't" (Zac Brown)
    108,782 December '15 YTD 32.4%
    178,051 December '16 YTD 48.5%

Off-Road Champion

Saw this on the lay offs. BMW will be building the 3 series in Mexico soon. Not sure I would want a Mexican BMW - lots of concern on the BMW forums. My 320i was built in South Africa - apparently an award winning factory.
    2014 Jet Black / Black M Sport 6M BMW 320i
    2012 Urban Titanium Metallic/black interior Honda CR-V LX AWD 5A-wife's
    2011 Black Granite Metallic/medium titanum interior Cruze ECO 6M - sold
    2004 Pulse Red/black leather interior GTO 6M
    1988 Black/Recaro interior Alfa Romeo Milano Verde 5M-garage queen

Jim Frye is offline [OP]
    Touring Champion
    Interesting enough, Honda has stopped building U.S. bound Fits in Mexico. Not sure why, but quite a few buyers were asking dealers to source them a Japanese built Fit rather than a Mexican one.
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    35,600 Mi., Avg. MPG: 32 City; 44 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    "I have everything I need and nothin' that I don't" (Zac Brown)
    108,782 December '15 YTD 32.4%
    178,051 December '16 YTD 48.5%

Well the Production on the new Battery powered Bolt has started and Chevy added 300 workers. Now is always a good time to watch Roger and Me again, its on Showtime or a pretty low fi file on YouTube

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
    I see this firsthand at the dealer I work for. The Cruze used to be our #1 best seller. This year, we rolled out more Equinox's, Traverses, Traxs, Colorados, and Silverados than any car.

Heck, we've sold exactly 2 GEN 2 Cruze's this year. We still have a brand new 2016 Limited that's sat for a long time now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Yeah dealer here wasn't gonna let the 16 limited go for cheap. 2LT limited was still 27 sitting next to 25K Premier. New facility had their grand opening that Sunday we left Lordstown so not sure it that influenced their high prices. Diesels were like $30 internet in 2014 so who knows what they will be when they drop. Now will a diesel Cruze bring the sale back, possibly.

The Silverados, were they 2wd or 4wd? I seen a ..... crap ton of 4 door short bed 2wd usually go for like low 20's making a Cruze purchase kinda moot.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Frye View Post
    GM is spending $667 million to upgrade the Toledo Power Train plant here. They currently build 6 spd front and rear drive transmissions as well as the 8 spd transmission. No one will say what new product is coming, but they spent nearly $10 million here a couple of years ago to bring the 8 spd here and add the 6 spd rear drive line. This will be a large expansion of the existing facility and will likely add a few hundred jobs. CFA is doing a similar upgrade to the Jeep plant here to build the next generation Wrangler here.
    Just saw that on our local news, Jim. Glad to see that the Hydra-matic plant will be around here for a while!
    BB-8 - 2012 LTZ RS - Silver Ice Metallic

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    You know, I haven't seen nearly as many of the 16s on the road here as I did the 15s when they were new (distinct from the rest of them because of the LED running lights) in about the same timeframe of being on the market.

I think with current gas prices, a lot of people have been flocking to crossovers and pickups that have been freshly redesigned. The usually very strong midsize segment has taken a sales hit as well.

Came at a bad time with the release of a new model, but I think the market for upscale small cars will pick up again. I wouldn't care at all if things like the Sonic and Spark, as well as the Fit and Yaris faded into oblivion, though.
    Gas prices definitely have had an impact on small car sales.

That said - I see many 2nd gen Cruzes on a daily basis, especially for how new they still are.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    1998 Chevy Cavalier Sedan - Cold Air Intake, '01 Camaro Front Seats, MES 2.25" Downpipe, Dents, Rust.
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors
    Hidden Content

6th Gear
    I see a lot of new cruzes here, but see more trucks and suvs than new cruzes. My brother bought a 16 Silverado that listed for 32 for like 22 so that is less than a new cruze in many cases....as I saw on tv the lordstown plant is laying off the whole 3rd shift in January....

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.