Bad News... - Page 3

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bad News...

Learning about my Cruze
    Everyone is so obsessed with SUV, CUV and trucks what do you expect. However I'm a car person so I'm very happy with my new 2016 2nd Gen cruse. I have a 2005 Buick Rendezvous my mom gave to me so that's what I use for towing my seadoo. Its funny how to get all the features in my cruze in a suv that could tow well it would be well over 40k. Its not worth it. If jobs start to improve next year with the new president cars will pickup as the new workforce won't all be able to afford those expensive vehicles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    From what I understand, it was a "3rd Shift" that was dropped. The 1st and 2nd shift will continue operating and maintaining inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
    I see this firsthand at the dealer I work for. The Cruze used to be our #1 best seller. This year, we rolled out more Equinox's, Traverses, Traxs, Colorados, and Silverados than any car.

Heck, we've sold exactly 2 GEN 2 Cruze's this year. We still have a brand new 2016 Limited that's sat for a long time now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    I noticed that too at my dealership. Heck, we even couldn't keep the 16 Cruze Limiteds on the lot at my work. You would have thought they were a brand new model from all the people who bought them. Then the Gen 2 rolled around, and sales fell flat. I think part of the problem was the price increases on the new one. GM kinda priced themselves out of the market. I think a Malibu LS is close to the same price as a Cruze LT now. Everyone and their mother would also complain about the auto-start-stop.
    sparkman likes this.
    Current- 2014 Red Hot Cruze 1LT RS 6M
    Past- 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatch

Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by jmlo96 View Post
    I noticed that too at my dealership. Heck, we even couldn't keep the 16 Cruze Limiteds on the lot at my work. You would have thought they were a brand new model from all the people who bought them. Then the Gen 2 rolled around, and sales fell flat. I think part of the problem was the price increases on the new one. GM kinda priced themselves out of the market. I think a Malibu LS is close to the same price as a Cruze LT now. Everyone and their mother would also complain about the auto-start-stop.
    Maybe they don't trust first-year GM products.

After looking back at the 2011 Cruzes, I don't blame them.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Jim Frye is offline [OP]
    Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    Maybe they don't trust first-year GM products.

After looking back at the 2011 Cruzes, I don't blame them.
    Exactly why I'm waiting until the 2018 MY before deciding on a new car.
    spacedout and sparkman like this.
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    35,600 Mi., Avg. MPG: 32 City; 44 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    "I have everything I need and nothin' that I don't" (Zac Brown)
    108,782 December '15 YTD 32.4%
    178,051 December '16 YTD 48.5%

Quote Originally Posted by jmlo96 View Post
    Which brings me to another point about that **** auto start stop feature. I know a lot of you think it is seamless transition, but we have tons of customers that shy away from it because it's not. It worries the older crowd as well, they think the car has stalled out.

Which brings me to my point in another thread, freaking make an on-off switch for the auto-start stop feature! That would end the debate right there.

Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
    Which brings me to another point about that **** auto start stop feature. I know a lot of you think it is seamless transition, but we have tons of customers that shy away from it because it's not. It worries the older crowd as well, they think the car has stalled out.

Which brings me to my point in another thread, freaking make an on-off switch for the auto-start stop feature! That would end the debate right there.
    Ehh. It's weird for the first day or so. I don't even really notice anymore.

If the feature is made to be defeatable, the EPA test is run with it off. Considering hybrids have done it forever, not sure why it bothers people so much.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Handbrake Released
    You know, I haven't seen nearly as many of the 16s on the road here as I did the 15s when they were new (distinct from the rest of them because of the LED running lights) in about the same timeframe of being on the market.

I think with current gas prices, a lot of people have been flocking to crossovers and pickups that have been freshly redesigned. The usually very strong midsize segment has taken a sales hit as well.

Came at a bad time with the release of a new model, but I think the market for upscale small cars will pick up again. I wouldn't care at all if things like the Sonic and Spark, as well as the Fit and Yaris faded into oblivion, though.
    GM could not build the Cruze fast enough when gas was at $4.00/gallon. Now that gas prices have been hovering around the $2.00 mark, people are looking at bigger, less fuel efficient vehicles. I bought my CTD specifically because it got 40+ MPG. My daily round-trip commute is 70 miles. We just bought my wife a new Toyota 4Runner. It gets between 18-19 MPG. She does not have a commute and we can easily deal with the current fuel prices. Back when fuel was $4.00/gallon we considered replacing her minivan with a CTD. We could manage with the trade off in space with much higher MPGs. If fuel prices keep steady, I'm toying with the idea of replacing my Cruze and my Silverado with a new Baby-Duramax Colorado. It gets 31 MPG. If I did that, it will be a sad day. I love my Silverado. Bought it brand new, first and only full sized pickup I've owned. I love driving it, don't like filling it up. 26 Gallon tank runs better on premium, and only gets 17MPG.
    jblackburn and pacolino like this.

Learning about my Cruze
    Ehh. It's weird for the first day or so. I don't even really notice anymore.

If the feature is made to be defeatable, the EPA test is run with it off. Considering hybrids have done it forever, not sure why it bothers people so much.
    Probably because most people haven't owned hybrids and the last thing someone expects is a car's engine to shut itself off.

In a way this reminds me of the Star Trek Original Series episode "The Ultimate Computer." For those of you unfamiliar with that episode, the M-5 multitronic unit, a "breakthrough" in computer technology, is put in complete control of the Enterprise. Early in the episode the M-5 begins shutting off power to various decks of the ship. A little while later this is determined to be normal; the M-5 is simply shutting off power to unoccupied decks to save energy!

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.